Would it do any good to call the resort?

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
We are leaving on Wednesday and staying at Carribbean Beach Resort. I have already booked a preferred room and requested a ground floor room due to my dad having trouble walking long distances, stairs, etc.

Now, my daughter has a broken foot so it is even more imperative that we get a room close to the bus stop and on the ground floor.

Would it do any good to call the resort and just explain about both my dad and my daughter? Or should I just tell them when we get there (and it's pretty obvious as she has a big cast on her foot)?

oh, and yes I have brought up the subject of a ecv or wheelchair for him but he is WAY too stubborn to even consider it. However, I am thinking maybe for my daughter and then he can push it...i think it helps him have something to "lean on".

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

To start with, I would call either the number on the back of your confirmation form, or the main WDW number of 407-824-2222 and ask for the "Rooms Assigner" at Caribbrean Beach. Explain the situation to that person as that is the one who actually reserves the rooms.

I would suggest you look at the "disABILTIES FAQ" which is a stickey in this forum; it will answer a lot of your questions right away as obviously you need fast answers.

Also, please ask your father the following questions. Here are the suggested answers to go with them.

1. Are you disabled (even temporarily)? Yes.

2. Do the people you are traveling with, such as your family, know you are disabled? Yes.

3. Do you expect to meet anyone you know during this trip who may not know you are disabled. Probably No!

4. Do you expect to meet a bunch of people who you will probably never meet again in your life? Probably yes!

5. Is there any reason at all that you should care what these people think about you? Absolutely No!!

6. Will using a wheelchair or ECV make for a better vacation for you and your family? Absolutely YES!

I agree with Cheshire Figment.

Before my FIL would agree to rent an ECV, he often did push my DD's wheelchair. It worked to steady him (kind of like a walker, but without him having to admit he needed assistance).
If he does push a wheelchair for her, be careful going up and down hills. It's pretty easy for a wheelchair to get away from you going down and going up can be a fair amount of work to push it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter