Would it help us to get a GAC?

I would utilize fastpass as much as possible but I think you may be able to get a GAC for the alternate entrance use. This way if he needs to run out quickly he doesn't have to fight through a long line and crowd.

Alternate entrance is not always available, and can be just as congested - you can't count on it.

Keep in mind how long some of the rides themselves are as well. Things like splash mountain and the safari ride come to mind. Not to mention that you could have a ride break down and be stuck for 20 minutes. Whatever your plan I would definitely keep in mind that you may just not be in a place you can leave.

That is a good point. Some attractions are quite long and there is no way to exit. The Safari can be one because the animals can be unpredictable. It is possible to have the road blocked by an animal and the truck not be able to continue. You will have to wait until they come out to coax the animal to move or it decides to do so on its own.

Ellen's ride at Epcot is another very long ride and, if you try to leave, you will stop the ride completely and force them to evacuate everyone and reset the WHOLE ride. Which means inconveniencing a number of people...

I have a medical condition that can cause a flare up and make it so I have to use the rest room constantly. So I can understand what it means. However, there really is not anything a GAC can do. These conditions mean a LOT a preplanning and making tough decisions on if you can or can not do something because you might have to go.

You know, I've looked several times for a map that shows all the rest rooms in the parks, but have never been able to find one.

They are usually at the front of each park. They clearly mark each restroom :goodvibes Unless you meant you wanted one ahead of time. In that case, if you cannot locate one online, you can always call guest services and ask them to mail one from each park for you.. also get the DTD one as well, you may need a restroom there too

Alternate entrance is not always available, and can be just as congested - you can't count on it.

The alternate entrance may not always be available and at times may be congested, but much of the time it may be easier for OP to enter and leave from it if they have to do so in a hurry. They can use their best judgement at each attraction, and like I said originally, using fast pass for the attractions that have it is the way to go.

The alternate entrance may not always be available and at times may be congested, but much of the time it may be easier for OP to enter and leave from it if they have to do so in a hurry. They can use their best judgement at each attraction, and like I said originally, using fast pass for the attractions that have it is the way to go.

I would respectfully disagree. We have significant experience with this, as have pps who have posted of their experiences. It is not any easier to leave or enter then any other queue, like suem posted it can be harder. I wouldn't want to give the op a false impression.

I would respectfully disagree. We have significant experience with this, as have pps who have posted of their experiences. It is not any easier to leave or enter then any other queue, like suem posted it can be harder. I wouldn't want to give the op a false impression.

I actually agree with the other poster who said that the access lines are easier to leave and can move quicker of course thats NOT all of the rides but i can name quite a few that would work better with the accomadation of a GAC and I like yourself have alot of experience with this so i think it must come down to personal opinion.

I see many that have a different opinion on the access lines to me and of course alot of info isnt given incase of abuse but ive been on holiday to Disney at least 26 times spending at least 3 wks to 6 wks at a time there plus living in Orlando on and off half of my life,"i split my time as a due to having US & UK family" so its not through lack of experience that i base my opinion.
Of course it will also come down to time of year that a person travels If a person gies when it is peak times then of course the access line is going to be quite long as the normal line is going to be pretty insane!! but if like myself you go at NON peak times then the access lines are going to be pretty non exsistant as the normal ride lines are only around 15/20 mins instead of the 60/90 mins that they can be in the height of seasons :thumbsup2

Thia has been my experience of the alternate entrances aswell :thumbsup2 I know not all rides have them and not all rides access entrances are the same BUT MOST are pretty good ,of course getting fastpasses etc will help too as they will have times that they can go straight to the ride with little wait BUT i personally think the Alternate entrance is alot easier to leave and indeed has been many a time when we have had to leave it with our son.

ttintagel said:
You know, I've looked several times for a map that shows all the rest rooms in the parks, but have never been able to find one.

The Undecover Tourist app shows restrooms. You have to configure it but it is handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter