Would like to do 1 character meal but top choices not available- any advice on where to check next?

Would a Tusker House lunch or dinner work in your schedule? We really like TH, but the food, IMHO, is far more interesting at lunch and dinner as opposed to breakfast. I second the 1900 Park Fare breakfast suggestion - great characters and more interesting food at breakfast than most of the other character buffets.

Hollywood & Vine at lunch or dinner is an awesome character meal. But I also endorse reservation finder—it always comes through eventually. Artist point is amazing and worth setting a rez finder for.

We have done Tusker House breakfast (w/ Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald) & 1900 Park Fare breakfast (Tigger, Pooh, Alice, Mad Hatter). I recommend either one. Got an ADR for Cape May for our next trip. Looking forward to it.

Just wanted to chime in about my success using the touring plans reservation finder. I’ve gotten Ohana (Saturday night dinner!), Cape May, and pre-park opening at Be Our Guest and more through using that tool. A couple of tips for using it though:

- you really need to click on the notification immediately or it is likely to be gone by the time you do. I clicked on a couple within minutes, but the time slot was gone already. Finally got the Ohana reservation after a couple failed attempts. Which leads me to my second point...
- once it notifies you that a slot is found, they will stop your search. So if you are not able to get it, you need to head back to the reservation finder site and refresh that search again.

Have fun!

Okay, putting in that alert on Touring Plans ASAP. Thank you all!

I checked them all out- I think they'd actually really enjoy the 1900 Park Fare one too (big fans of those characters too!) and being able to do that on a non-park day would be a plus (potentially may do it on our check out day). For now, I made a reservation for Garden Grill so we have at least something reserved but I'll be sure to cancel that if we can get one of the others at a time that works well for our schedule.

Appreciate all your expertise on this!

Garden Grill is such an awesome breakfast, especially if you go PPO first thing. We've done it a few times now, been seated right away, met the characters twice each time, and made it onto Soarin' before the crowds came in. And my hubs LOVES Chip and Dale so there's always fun antics.

Well this sounds super helpful- had no idea that existed. Thank you!
We have had great luck with touring plans, too. When you receive the text, you’ve got to hop on it IMMEDIATELY! Everyone with the same request is sent the same text at the same time. Don’t try it with an email address. It takes too long to notice the notification. We, too, are in WDW the last week of January. We pick up a reservation for 6 people at Storybook Dining, yesterday.

My kids love chef mickey they have a great buffet.

but for a for a great breakfast check out Wyndham lake at Disney springs and its only 25 for an adult .

crystal palace breakfast or cape may breakfast both are similar with traditional disney breakfast buffets. my family always enjoys them. sometimes both can be difficult to get but persistence usually works for me when booking these two. we are planning a last minute trip and i was able to get both but i haven't been able to get storybook dining i kind of wish disney would do a disney villain character meal with sleeping beauty and maleficent.

All of these suggestions are great! I do agree with the checking back (if the reservation finder doesn't work) closer to your time. For all of my trips I have always been able to get restaurants that weren't "open" in the months before my trip. People over book and cancel and/or change their mind all the time.

Would a Tusker House lunch or dinner work in your schedule? We really like TH, but the food, IMHO, is far more interesting at lunch and dinner as opposed to breakfast. I second the 1900 Park Fare breakfast suggestion - great characters and more interesting food at breakfast than most of the other character buffets.

We'd love to do Tusker House (and I'm sure food would be a hit with our crew) but it just doesn't fit with the park days/times we have planned. I'm wondering if it might be worth juggling around for it at dinner time if BOG or Artist Point just never come thru. I hadn't planned for an evening in Animal Kingdom but maybe would be nice anyway.

We love Garden Grill (Epcot) and 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) for breakfast. Tusker House is excellent at any meal, but I see you couldn't get breakfast. Husband and I liked Crystal Palace for any meal, but breakfast was better. Picky son only likes breakfast at most of these; he's incredibly picky.

And I second trying Touring Plans reservation finder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter