Would like to join a photopass share for October trip.

bbseq24

Ear we are
Hi everyone,

I just got the oppotunity to get on these boards. We are leaving for Disneyland and will be in the parks from 10/19-10/23. I am looking to join a photopass share for those dates. I see that I have already missed 2 opportunities. Is there anyone that would like to host a photopass share in October? I still don't know much about it so I don't feel comfortable hosting it myself.

Betty

Hi- I also was late-out-off-the-gate and missed several DL Photopass Groups. I ended-up joining a group that is primarily WDW peeps, but it doesn't really matter since it is the same website for the CD.
Our group is full but they started a second one that I think has room left.
Check it out and good luck!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1954451

I would like to join. We will be there 10/30-11/1. I would also be willing to Host if no one else wants to. I haven't done it before, but I'm willing and have the resources (burner, etc.)

Elisabeth

Disneymom70,

I would join you if you would be willing to host. I am not very comfortable hosting. Are you going to be in Disneyland or WDW? I was hoping to find someone at the same park as us (Disneyland).

If you host, let me know. I would be willing to split the cost with you unless you find others willing to share in the costs. Make sure you preorder the CD. I found a link in these boards to preorder for $99 instead of the $129 price. I can PM it to you if you like. We need to make sure that each person uploads and edits their pictures on separate days so it will be easier to separate the pictures so everyone can have their own pictures, otherwise you would have to burn the entire CD for each person.

I have been reading up on it and I am still trying to figure it all out. Let me know if you want to do this.

Thanks,

Betty

Disneymom70,

Make sure you preorder the CD. I found a link in these boards to preorder for $99 instead of the $129 price. Betty

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think the DL Photopass price is only $59 plus shipping etc. I have heard NOT to preorder or it is somewhat more. Double check before you pre-order it, I'd hate to see you overpay!!!

The current DL PhotoCD price is $59.95 plus s/h. It is cheaper to order it after the fact (the pre-order price is $79.95 for WDW and it's what you would get charged if you pre-order it).

Well then, i'm confused. What is the $99 and $129 price for? I read it on the photopass website.

Betty

I think those were the old preorder rates. We just purchased a CD in Aug. and it was 59.95.
We will be at DL not WDW.

I will Host- not a problem.
It looks like there are at least 4 people interested.

Diane355 10/16-10/18
Pam963 10/19- 10/26
bbseq24 10/19-10/23
MIL Lynn 10/21-10/22
Disneymom70 (me) 10/30-11/1

The total was 64.95 for the CD and shipping (reg.)
When we have a set group, then we can figure out price.
I have a paypal account or will accept Money orders.
I also already have a Disney photopass account set up from my last purchase.

My dates are 10/19 to 10/26. Thanks for hosting Elisabeth! :yay: I love the photo pass because I travel alone and it's the only way I can get myself in the pictures!!!

So, I just realized my MIL and Aussie relatives will be at DL on 10/21-10/22 so she will be one more person in the share for a total of 5 so far.
Elisabeth

Thank you so much Elisabeth for hosting. I also have a Paypal account so I can send that money to you via paypal when all the prices are set. Make sure to add in the cost of mailing us our CDs (and bubble envelopes) and for you having to get blank CDs to copy onto. I can't wait to tell my husband and kids about this. They are going to be very excited!

Some hosts have set up uploading days for each person so it's easier to figure out whose picture belongs to each group and so that we aren't uploading at the same time. It will mix up the pictures.

Betty (bbseq24)

I will be doing that as well. I will do my best to get just each person's photos on their CD and that is the only way to really do it.

I have been reading quite a few of the other photoshare posts and will be posting those suggestions as well.

I can't wait for our trip. I have never been during Halloween and look forward to all the decorations and having pix of my DD in her Pirate costume.

Elisabeth

I wonder if we should edit the title in case some one else is looking for a photopass share? Unless you think we are full enough - I guess it should be up to the host! It just seems like a lot of folks were looking over the weekend and might love to get in on this.

I went ahead and started a new thread for this share. I would also suggest a name for our Oct. share to avoid confusion with the others. (I saw this on the WDW board)
How about October's Halloweentime Photo Pass share.
I can change it if no one likes it :)

With a new thread I can update everyone in the first post so we don't have to sift through the whole thing. Some of these can get rather long.

I was reading the photoshare posts late last night also trying to figure out how to do this. This will be our family's first trip to Disneyland with our kids and the first during a holiday so we are very excited. Every night my 3 year old asks me to tell her stories about Disneyland.

Thanks again for being the host for this photoshare.

Betty

Good Morning,

I have the new thread up and want to make sure everyone makes the jump okay.

If you are interested or have joined, please post a quick reply/confirmation on
October Halloweentime Photo Pass Share - Open

Thanks.

We are getting close to the first visit, so I want to make sure we get everyone situated quickly.

Elisabeth

Do you still have room or is the group closed?

We will be there 10/16 and 10/17, but won't be home until the 19th. Please let me know if there is space. Thank you!

sacteach @ gmail dot com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter