would like to rent points

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylcheryl

Earning My Ears
I heard you can rent points from DVC members. My family is planning a trip to Disney in early September and we would love to stay at a deluxe or home away from home resort. Can someone explain how/if I can rent points and how I would know when and where I could use them.

Thanks so much!
:)

Click on this link and you can see all the info you need on the various links:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

You're best value for renting points will be Sunday through Thursday. The weekend points are at least double. Some people pay cash for Friday and Saturday and rent points for Sunday through Thursday.

Also, remember that you're renting directly from a DVC member and not Disney. There is a certain amount of trust involved. And the cancellation of a points reservation for a DVC member is not as liberal as a cash reservation through Disney. If a DVC member cancels a points reservation less than 30 days out, the points go into a "holding account" or if you cancel the day of arrival, you lose the points.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter