Would love to hear from Pete on the new Genie/Lighting Line/Genie +

Yes - I am hoping and checking periodically for his take on it. Big news!

Tame your expectations Pete sees the direction Disney is going in and doesn’t seem to mad lately as he use to be.

It is what it is.
Or maybe not. How much faith does anyone have in MDE tech to support Genie+? Once families pay $15 a head per day for Genie+ plus extra for their lightning lane rides, and get kicked out of the system at the 7am crush, they will feel very entitled to complain loudly. And if they pay $60/day for a family of 4 just for Genie+ and poor tech and availability lands them only 1 or maybe 2 quick access rides literally at the end of a long day when the kids are tired and cranky, how long will it take for people to abandon it? If so, the rest of us may benefit with better standby lines. Only time will tell. Wouldn't want to be in the first test groups lining up to pay extra from drop until Christmas. Genie+ could be a complete face plant if Disney doesn't have the tech to support it. We've all struggled with enough ADR bookings, FP+ bookings, Free Dining drops and after hour party bookings to know they have an awful record.

I also would like to hear his take on future of DCL now that Bahamas is restricting.
(Only vaccinated guest 12+) Under that age is exempted. As you know that is
where Castaway Cay is that he has raved about. I hope he can make it on a future cruise once things settle.

Last edited:
I also would like to hear his take on future of DCL now that Bahamas is restricting who can go
there . (Only vaccinated guest 12+) Under that age is exempted. As you know that is
where Castaway Cay is that he has raved about. I hope he can make it on a future cruise once
things settle.

Not that they will, but DCL (and other cruise lines) should threaten to stop sailing out of Florida until they're allowed to conduct business in a safe manner.

How much faith does anyone have in MDE tech to support Genie+? Once families pay $15 a head per day for Genie+ plus extra for their lightning lane rides, and get kicked out of the system at the 7am crush, they will feel very entitled to complain loudly. And if they pay $60/day for a family of 4 just for Genie+ and poor tech and availability lands them only 1 or maybe 2 quick access rides literally at the end of a long day when the kids are tired and cranky, how long will it take for people to abandon it?
If it works like MaxPass, which is what the premise seems to be, availability will be better than you might expect. Especially with the addition of IAS. As far as technology, again seeing as how they seem to leveraging the MaxPass platform, the technology basis should already be in place for them. MaxPass has worked flawlessly for us on prior DL trips.

Sure would love to hear Pete's take on the latest and greatest news on the "FP replacement" ........ hint hint.
Yes, I was excited to see Pete was on today’s Dis Unplugged show because we were finally going to get to hear his thoughts on Genie+.
It was kind of disappointing to learn that Pete didn’t even know about the pay per ride part of it. He was surprised about that, and didn’t even show any interest when it was mentioned. Perhaps, when Pete has more time, his team mates can fill him in. Then maybe also have him think about the added costs for families. Once it all sinks in, maybe we will hear his thoughts on it. Today seemed like as if he was asked to comment on something he new hardly anything about.
I was really very surprised .

Have I missed the podcast of Pete actually talking about it. I listen to it while I run, but I have not heard him talk about it yet, correct?

Yes, I was excited to see Pete was on today’s Dis Unplugged show because we were finally going to get to hear his thoughts on Genie+.
It was kind of disappointing to learn that Pete didn’t even know about the pay per ride part of it. He was surprised about that, and didn’t even show any interest when it was mentioned. Perhaps, when Pete has more time, his team mates can fill him in. Then maybe also have him think about the added costs for families. Once it all sinks in, maybe we will hear his thoughts on it. Today seemed like as if he was asked to comment on something he new hardly anything about.
I was really very surprised .

Pete's perspective has changed over the years. I would be surprised if these costs bother him at all. I would expect him to take his usual stance of "if you don't like it, don't pay it".

But of course that's just my guess based on his more recent takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter