Would LOVE to rent points but don't know how!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickinNYC

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I was looking around at various threads and got the impetus (hey! just used "impetus" in a sentence!) to start considering our annual trip to WDW this October, 2005. We're looking at going from October 17-24 specifically.

Here's the thing. I haven't a clue the first thing about renting DVC points. What would this cost? Is it worth it? How much would a point be? It's just two adults, no kids. How many points would this take? Should we even do this?

AAAAhhhhh!

Ok, I'm gonna relax and take a deep breath.

If anyone out there is willing to put up with my many questions and anal nature, I'd love to hear from you.

And just so you know who you're dealing with and why, most of you know, but not all, that I'm in a relationship with a guy named Joe. Renting points, if this is the route we go, is for our honeymoon. We're going to tie the knot the weekend of 10/15. Just don't want to misrepresent ourselves!

Hey Rick..in case you didn't see, at the top of this page there's a link to DVC points chart. Here's the direct link:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

Find the resort you want to stay at...then figure out how many points you'll need for the length of stay you want, and the size of the villa you want. :)

Then you can either post "I need 215 points at BCV for 10/17-24" OR you can look here and see if anyone has points available to rent, and send them a PM or an email. From what I've learned, points are usually sold for $10 each, but if it's a holiday time or new resort it could be a little more.

Good luck and congratulations! :wizard:

Y-ask, would you mind sending me a copy of the pm. I am brand new to renting points as well and have been following this thread closely.
Thanks,
Suzy V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter