would poh-sized people fit in the cars at sci-fi dine-in?

On our last trip I was over 300lbs and had a good amount of stomach. I was able to get into the car ok. It was a bit of a squeeze for me but no more that a booth at Denny's or something. I believe I was a size 24 or so (3x).

Hope that helps! I would totally go for it anyway! That place is awesome!

To be honesst I found it very uncomfortable and hard to eat as I could not move. I am 5'3" and 245. I hope this helps. I think they do have a few regualr tables around the edge, you could call dining to make sure. It is doable and you should try it for yourself. Everyones body shape is different.

I did not fit at 275 pounds. Instead we just ask for a "table car". It is a regular table with chairs and a car front and back.

DH finds SciFi very uncomfortable in the cars. They also have picnic table type seating towards the back.

Arent those supposed to be 'limos'? you sit at them like a regular table, so you can move your chairs as needed.

And I just looked and no, I dont have a picture of the table we sat at :(

http://allears.net/din/scifi3.jpg

scifi3.jpg

http://allears.net/din/scifi4.jpg
scifi4.jpg

http://allears.net/din/scifi5.jpg
scifi5.jpg

I'm 5'4, 245lbs and I fit in there fine.
Here's a picture of me so you can see my size. Wow, and I really posting a picture of me and saying "see how big I am??" :rotfl: The shorts I'm wearing are a size 24

Photo0006.jpg

I'm a size 20 and I fit ok, but I find the seating akward and the shelf in the car for the food is very narrow.

I'm 5'4, 245lbs and I fit in there fine.
Here's a picture of me so you can see my size. Wow, and I really posting a picture of me and saying "see how big I am??" :rotfl: The shorts I'm wearing are a size 24

Photo0006.jpg

Good on you! Good for you! You're an inspiration. Thanks for your post.

I found the car uncomfortable but the next year we got the car with cars and that was better. We are not real fans of SciFi food though and not in a hurry to return....went for DGS

My husband and I were less than impressed with the Sci-Fi. I am a 22, he is a 42, both 5'6", and we were kinda squished (and the table top in the car was about chest high on us). Food wasn't great (we were never able to identify what cut of meat we were eating), it was dark, and they kept showing the same 10 or 12 old movie trailers over and over. On top of that, it was raining and most of the place had about an inch of standing water. The only good thing was our hostess, who was absolutely wonderful. Overall, though, I would not recommend it.

I fit in when I was a size 24 though since my last trip ive lost weight and wear a 14 now :)

But don't worry I was able to fit in ...:)

It really depends on your size and shape. My DH, around 6' and 275, with a very broad torso (size 54 jacket), didn't have much trouble in one, although he got a bench to himself, and DS and I sat in the front of the car. He said it was a little tight, but much less difficult than many restaurant booths, which don't always work for him. I could see someone with a different shape having more difficulty, and I think it may have helped that he's relatively tall.

I'm pushing 300 pounds and wear a size 28 pant. I fit comfortably in the regular table and had no problem at all. I was worried about it too. Really they are a lot roomier then they look!

We visited the sci-fi a few years ago - when I was a bit smaller (5'9, 270 lbs), the seating was quite tight for me and made the meal very uncomfortable. If you could get one of the "tables" you would be more comfortable and still get the feel of the place. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter