Would this be pushing it?

kfridle1

Earning My Ears
This trip we only have three days to enjoy the parks, which means we would like to fit only our most favorite thins in. We just went for a week in May, so we don't have to see and do everything.

We arrive on December 16th, and will spend most of the day in MK, then head over to EP for dinner reservations and Illuminations.

On December 17th, my mom and I plan to spend the day time in Epcot. We have reservations at Chefs de France at 4:40PM. From there, we would like to head over to HS to ride ToT (Mom's favorite ride), see the Osborne lights (never seen before), and watch the 8:00PM showing of Fantasmic (which we love!). Then, we are hooping to get on over to MK to see The Electrical Light Parade at 11:00PM which is my favorite show of all at WDW.

On December 18th, we will do a few hours at AK, then back to Epcot. Can you tell we like Epcot?:rotfl2:

My question is: Is our second day "too much"? To us, all of these things are must do's, but will we even have enough time to execute the plan? Do you think it will be so exhausting it won't even be worth it? Thank you!

I love short trips to Disney! My sister & I went for two nights this summer and had a ball. Key was to keep it all manageable.

I don't know if your day 2 plan is too much physically speaking - depending on what shape y'all are in, three parks is doable. However, the timing might be too much logistically. If you're seated a little late at CDF, it's perfectly plausible that you might not walk out of Epcot until 7pm, giving you barely enough time to catch Fantasmic and cutting out ToT & Osborne lights.

If you're able to be flexible, I'd say to try for it all and just not stress if it doesn't work out. Or, maybe you'd be able to watch the Electrical Parade a different evening? Lunch at CDF instead of dinner? You've got a lot of time at Epcot (totally understandable - love that place!!) so maybe you could build a little more time into HS for ToT, lights & Fantasmic?

Just trying to help you brainstorm! :)

I generally agree that it's going to be a tight fit to get in everything you want to do in the evening. In my experience, most in part TS locations take between 60 and 75 minutes, which means, you'll probably finish up around 6:00 pm. The boat ride to DHS takes about 30 minutes, assuming no wait, but if you do, I would plan on getting to DHS around 6:45 pm (at the earliest). You could walk, but it's 1.2 miles.

Would you have a FP for Fantasmic? My guess is that you'll probably want to get to F! around 7:15 pm (for an 8:00 pm show), so that only gives you 30 minutes to do ToT (FP?) or the Osborne Lights. F! is about 30 minutes long, so you should be able to make it MK by 11:00 pm without any difficulties.

You might consider checking out the Osborne Lights after F!. In the past, they would continue to operate for one hour after the park's official closing time. So that would give you about 30 minutes to check out the lights after F! ends. Even with that, you would still make it to MK in time.

Otherwise, I think you might have to sacrifice Les Chefs if you wanted to get everything done at DHS in a more relaxed manner or sacrifice something at DHS to keep the dinner ADR.

kfridle1 said:
This trip we only have three days to enjoy the parks, which means we would like to fit only our most favorite thins in. We just went for a week in May, so we don't have to see and do everything.

We arrive on December 16th, and will spend most of the day in MK, then head over to EP for dinner reservations and Illuminations.

On December 17th, my mom and I plan to spend the day time in Epcot. We have reservations at Chefs de France at 4:40PM. From there, we would like to head over to HS to ride ToT (Mom's favorite ride), see the Osborne lights (never seen before), and watch the 8:00PM showing of Fantasmic (which we love!). Then, we are hooping to get on over to MK to see The Electrical Light Parade at 11:00PM which is my favorite show of all at WDW.

On December 18th, we will do a few hours at AK, then back to Epcot. Can you tell we like Epcot?:rotfl2:

My question is: Is our second day "too much"? To us, all of these things are must do's, but will we even have enough time to execute the plan? Do you think it will be so exhausting it won't even be worth it? Thank you!

If the crowds are low, its possible. This past Sunday we were at DHS from appx 12-630p. Got on a bus to AK and arrived at 730 (closed at 8). All we wanted was to see the park at night,.and we got 1 ride on Everest in. We took our time taking pics as we left, and got on a bus at 830p for MK. We were there by 905, and saw the first MSEP from the train station steps.

It is a lot...but if you plan your transport time well, it is possible. Get out of dinner around 545ish/6, take the boat to DHS from International Gateway and be there by 7 (likely earlier, but leaving time for dinner going long), go back to Osborne and walk through, then head to fantasmic. After fantasmic, hop the bus to MK...probably at MK by 10pm.

It's a lot, and there's some back tracking/extra walking involved...but it is probably possible

If you cut out dinner and head to DHS at 5ish it works. Will you have FP in DHS or epcot that day? I would get FP+ for ToT and fantastic just to make sure. ToT can have a long wait (or no wait) but there is no way to tell until you get there. Oh and the lights can have along line to get in some nights. Once you are in, you are in, but it can take 20 minutes to get in at certain times. Plus at least 20 minutes to watch them.

I think it's doable if you have FP+ for ToT and Fantasmic and plan to see Osborne Lights after F! since they usually remain on for an hour after park close to accommodate F! viewers. Chefs at 4:40 might be a problem if you are seated late and plan to have 3 courses. Hopefully you'll be done by 6:00 and then it's a short walk to the IG and the Friendship boat dock. The boat ride to DHS takes approximately 25-30 minutes.

After Osborne Lights you can take the bus to the MK and you should be there in time to find a good spot for MSEP.

I understand being better safe than sorry, but it seems to me people always overestimate how long things will take you and how early you need to get places. If you show up early for your ADR and ask for the check when you sit down, there is no reason you couldn't be out before 6, and to DHS by 6:30. I don't think you have to worry about being shut out of the second showing of Fantasmic. You could show up at 7:50 and be fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ToT lines were pretty short 30 minutes before Fantasmic starts. So even if you don't get to DHS by 6:45, I think you'd still have 30 minutes to enjoy the lights before you need to head to ToT. Or, as others pointed out you could see the lights some more after the show. It's tight, and it might be a bit rushed but it is more than doable.

Doesn't seem like to much to me and sounds like you could make everything. Just be ready to change things up if dinner takes longer then expected or transportation takes longer then expected :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter