Would this be reasonable? Hotel switch day: AK, eat at Boma mid day, return

elfling8

Mouseketeer
DH will be at at conference in Gaylord Palms Hotel for three days in August, m-w. On Thurs, post conference we are planning on moving to Pop Century in the morning, dropping bags, going to AK for the day. We want to fit in a good meal (assuming I can get reservations) and were pondering looking for a mid-afternoon meal at Boma in AKL. Transportation reasonable between the two? Will we spend most of our day traveling between moving hotels (will uber) getting to AK, then back and forth from AKL to eat? Hoping to get there for early rope drop but not counting on it with the hotel switch. FOP, safari, and Everest are our main rides we want to do, not planning on getting Genie, can do single rider lines. Thoughts?

It's possible for sure. It's normally recommended you allow 90 mins for transportation to an ADR but for Boma, if the bus arrives close to when you do, 60 mins should be plenty. It really does depend on the frequency of the buses during non-busy times.

We find we don't need a full day at AK so considering you're hoping to rope drop, you should have lots of time to enjoy the park plus your meal at Boma.

Ah, thank you. Bummer. Was hoping to get one mid day avoiding meal time rushes.
Sanaa at Kidani Village (the other building that makes up the Animal Kingdom Lodge) serves lunch and also has the large windows looking out onto the savanna. It would be the same bus from AK, takes about 5-10 minutes to get from one to the other once you're on the bus (it's the wait time for the bus that's unpredictable).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/

I find a lot of people tend to do AK in the mornings so it tends to be nicer in the afternoon (depending on time of year of course) so I might do Pop Century ---> Boma getting that last-ish reservation at 11:30 ---> AK after. That would also allow you to not feel like you are rushing around.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why you want to leave the parks? I thought that our meal at Tiffins was truly outstanding, and it would save you the transfer.
Just was reading through the Unofficial Guide restaurant reviews and saw that the ones in AKL were at the top. Looking for one or two really nice meals. Will look at Tiffins too! I ate there my last trip (about 5 yrs ago) and it was wonderful. Glad it's holding up!

Boma doesn’t really get that crowded especially if you go when it first opens for dinner. It’s a buffet. AK has excellent QS with the one in Pandora and Flame Tree Bbq. You could do QS and then Boma after you are done with the park.

Transportation between AK and AKL is easy. Just take the bus. It’s Kidani and then Jambo. To go back to Pop, take the HS bus then hop on the Skyliner. It’s a quick flight to CBR then transfer to Pop/AoA line.

Transportation between AK and AKL is easy. Just take the bus. It’s Kidani and then Jambo. To go back to Pop, take the HS bus then hop on the Skyliner. It’s a quick flight to CBR then transfer to Pop/AoA line.
Thanks! And will look into those quick service too.

Thanks all. We've decided to stay in the park and go to Tiffins, Nomad Lounge or Yak and Yeti. Maybe 2 of the three. My reservation window opens up tomorrow, will see what we can get!

Great choices. I would prioritize Tiffins or Nomad over Yak and Yeti, though all are good. I just find the food at Y&Y to be less special, and it’s kind of a crowded space. We have been a couple of times and after the last time we decided there are better options.

Unfortunately DD loves Rainforest Cafe (she’s 10) so it’s always a fight at AK for where we eat. DS loves the flatbread over by Safari, in case you want a quick snack, and my mom is obsessed with Flame Tree BBQ and some of the food by Pandora.

DH and I get one date a year - usually at Jiko - and TBH I thought Tiffins was just as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter