• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would UK guests post resort options please?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Hi! Can UK guests who are traveling later than the July 11 date please let us know what your resort options are? We’re scheduled to check into Pop August 13 and am curious to know if it will be open then. Thank you!

There currently isn’t any changes to resorts. We’ve only been asked to confirm we’re still going, cancel or amend until 2021

The world is a big place with plenty of see. Its one thing if you live relatively close or have AP but why anyone would pay and travel internationally to Disneyworld next month with all the uncertainties is beyond me.

The world is a big place with plenty of see. Its one thing if you live relatively close or have AP but why anyone would pay and travel internationally to Disneyworld next month with all the uncertainties is beyond me.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I'll still go because I really need a holiday right now and Disney is my favourite place to go. I got my first symptoms of the virus 3 months ago, and I'm still not fully recovered, despite only having a mild case. It's been so exhausting and stressful that I really need a break. But as it is, it's unclear if anyone from the UK can travel yet as the FCO is advising against all but absolutely essential travel and the US is not allowing UK visitors yet.

But as it is, it's unclear if anyone from the UK can travel yet as the FCO is advising against all but absolutely essential travel and the US is not allowing UK visitors yet.

Just curious... why not go Paris Disney for now instead?

They may not be able to travel there due to each different country restrictions on traveling from other countries. Also the UK has a 14 day quarantine for any UK guest traveling abroad they have to quarantine when they return to the UK.

For one, DLP is still a pricey affair and I'm honestly not interested in visiting any Disney Land unless I'm actually interested in seeing the city it's in, which I'm not. Even though visiting WDW is the biggest part of the holiday, there's also other factors that play a big role for why I choose Florida. Like the warm weather (I can never get too much sunshine), other team parks, beaches etc. We also visit Florida frequently, so I'm not bothered about not having the full experience.

Disneyland Paris is, sadly, a poor imitation of the American parks. It lacks the happy, jolly atmosphere and customer service ethos that the USA has, suffers from inclement weather for the majority of the year, and a couple of days at DLP will cost almost as much as a whole week or more at WDW. Also, there is no Universal Studios/Seaworld/golf/outlets/beaches/space coast etc just down the road.

Don’t get me wrong. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park, has some lovely rides which are not found in other parks, and has the benefit of being close to the culture and historic sites of Paris and the Ile de France. These make it a good place to visit for a city break. But it is not a “vacation” like WDW.

They are apples and oranges. One is not a substitute for the other. If it were, we would probably go there rather than subjecting ourselves to a 10 hour plane flight with young children... I am very hopeful that the fact that DLP is now back in direct Disney control they may set about fixing some of the issues with the place and make it a closer comparison. Although, even the Mouse can’t fix the cold and the snow/rain...

We are hoping we can travel to WDW at the end of August - we are not first timers as you can see from my signature so we have done everything probably several times before but really want to go this year as it has been booked for almost a year. As Butterbear UK has said, WDW is completely different to Paris (plus I went there for my birthday in January). Hope Boris and Donald sort out this air corridor between the two countries asap.

We are hoping we can travel to WDW at the end of August - we are not first timers as you can see from my signature so we have done everything probably several times before but really want to go this year as it has been booked for almost a year. As Butterbear UK has said, WDW is completely different to Paris (plus I went there for my birthday in January). Hope Boris and Donald sort out this air corridor between the two countries asap.

For a minute, I didn’t know which Disney character was named Boris:rotfl2:I immediately thought of Donald Duck though. I will never look at him the same now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter