Would we have enough time at AK?

Hehe. School, shmool. In all seriousness, would it be the end of the world for her to miss one day, or even half a day? If you picked her up and left at noon you'd be there by 9:00 (allowing for a gas/supper stop).

Oh she's already missing some school for this trip! Was just hoping to keep it down to 2.5 days (Friday is a half day, and they're out of school Monday). I may just check her out early though, like you said, around noon.

This past June we left around 5 I'm thinking (was supposed to be earlier) on a Friday (we went back roads) and stopped at Lake City. Finished the drive the next day but it took longer to get going and longer to get there than I had figured (my dad was a notorious *ss dragger on the whole trip) so we didn't actually make it to SSR til 1:30, settled in room, got food, got into parks by 5? This trip we are leaving Dad at home and we are leaving at 6am and driving straight there. Hoping to arrive between 1-3. No parks though because I decided not to hit the ground running this trip.

I'm sure you'll be fine though with just you and your daughter. I really liked that plan and it would've worked had we not had Dad along. I really do love him but oh my at making everyone be on his schedule. I digress....

I really think it would've worked for just us 2. We can get moving a lot easier without the rest of the family. But we have a new plan! ;-)

I chatted with my cousin last night, who lives in Orlando. We're going to go ahead and drive all the way to Orlando that Thursday and stay at his place for the night! We'll get to see family, sleep in, and hit AK whenever we're ready on Friday. And save that hotel $$. Yay!

Oh she's already missing some school for this trip! Was just hoping to keep it down to 2.5 days (Friday is a half day, and they're out of school Monday). I may just check her out early though, like you said, around noon.

I really think it would've worked for just us 2. We can get moving a lot easier without the rest of the family. But we have a new plan! ;-)

I chatted with my cousin last night, who lives in Orlando. We're going to go ahead and drive all the way to Orlando that Thursday and stay at his place for the night! We'll get to see family, sleep in, and hit AK whenever we're ready on Friday. And save that hotel $$. Yay!

Awesome plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter