Would we make it in time? Fantasmic and Chefs de France

kfridle1

Earning My Ears
My mom and I are going on a shorter trip this time for three days, and are really going to be taking advantage of our park hoppers to do our favorite things.

We plan on spending most of the day (Wednesday, March 4th) in EPCOT, then head over to Hollywood Studios around 5:30PM or 6:00PM for Tower of Terror and Fantasmic (these are our only must-do's in DHS). Fantasmic starts at 7:00PM and it is the only show of the evening. We then want to head back to EPCOT for our 8:20 dinner at Chefs de France.

For us, we would rather skip Fantasmic than miss out on trying Chefs, but I am also trying to find a table at another time. If we can't find any other time for a reservation, would we be able to make it back to EPCOT in time for our 8:20 reservation in France after Fantasmic using the Disney buses?

Thanks for your help! :)

I think it's going to be very tight.

You should be able to make it if you sit near the exit of the theater and then walk quickly to Epcot. You won't make it if you take the bus.

I would say no.

The mass exodus from the show takes time.
Then waiting for a bus.
The drive to EPCOT may.not be too bad, but you still have to to through security with everyone else who is trying to make Illuminatikns. And then you have maybe a 10 minute walk to Chefs.

Not worth the risk, even walking from DHS back to EPCOT if Chefs is your priority.

I think you can make it. But the best way to get to EPCOT is to take the BOAT, not the bus. The boat will drop you at the International Gateway, right next to France and the restaurant.

I agree that you should sit in the back, and even leave the show a few minutes early to walk to the boat before the rest of the crowd.

You would need to walk. The boat makes 3 stops and takes about 45 minutes from HS to EPCOT. The bus results in about the same walking distance. Make sure you know where the path is and don't get lost trying to cut through Boardwalk.

You can make it if you walk from DHS to Epcot. Fantasmic! is approximately 25 minutes long. If you sit near the top close to the exit, leave immediately after the show ends and you should be ahead of most people in the amphitheater. Once past the DHS exit turnstiles you'll see a walkway over to your left adjacent to the right side of the waterway. Follow that path and you can walk to Epcot.

Another option once you pass the exit turnstiles is taking the Friendship boat. The boat dock will be to your left and if the line isn't long and the boat has just arrived, you can take the boat. More than once when we've take the boat, the captain has said it takes approx 30 minutes to reach Epcot, but you can get off at the YC/BC dock (second stop) to save a little time and walk to Epcot.

A third option is to take the bus, but it will take you to the front entrance of Epcot. The actual bus ride will be faster than the boat, but you'll need to allow additional time to get from the entrance back to Chefs.

For the boat or bus options you'll have to allow waiting time for the boat or bus so it's a little more iffy as to whether you'll make it in time or not.

For me the stress wouldn't be worth it...you would have to have all the stars align just right; perfect spot to exit Fantasmic (in the dark), bus or boat sitting waiting for you, or hike at fast speed to Epcot (15-20 min walk as my memory serves), no one in line ahead of you at the international gateway. If Chefs is your priority just save Fantasmic for next time. You'll enjoy the show more if you aren't worrying about making your adr the whole time.

As PPs have said it will be tight, and it will depend on how fast you can escape the throngs at the end of Fantasmic.

If you try it, DEFINITELY walk, don't take the bus, and don't even take the boat. (In theory the boat should be faster and drop you off right by France, but you will have to wait for it, and it will make a few stops on the way.)

It will be close, but you should be able to do it. Fantasmic is 30 minutes....so if you sat near the exit so you got out ahead of the crowds and walk directly to the boat....the boat ride is 20 minutes but it puts you right at the International Gateway which means France is right there. The two big "if" is if you get out ahead of the crowds and if the boat hasn't just left. If you miss the boat, I agree about walking it.

I think another unmentioned option is cab. Usually there are cabs outside each park. We took a cab once from AK back to our hotel. You could perhaps cab from HS to BC then walk in the International Gateway. Another thought it take the boat and get off a stop or two early. I can't really remember the order, I think they go to
S/D first that would save you some of the walk? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter