• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you be disappointed?

Chandra C

Mouseketeer
For those who have participated in fe groups, this is only my 2nd time. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I bought a few gifts that aren’t going to fit in the typical fe pocket. So others suggested I hang the gifts in a bag on the door. So, I’m thinking of doing this for all the fe recipients. Basically I would put everyone’s gift in the bag and they would go through it. My 4 year old will probably be with me as I’m passing them out and I thought it would simplify matters. I feel when they look through the bag it’s pretty much easy to figure out who gets what, and I’m already having to take an extra carry on bag to hold the fe items.But I’m wondering if others will view this as lazy? Would you or your kids be disappointed if you received your gift this way instead of finding individual gifts in your fe pockets? I’m probably overthinking it but I’m just curious what others think, thanks!

Not lazy at all. Most people's FE pockets are rather small. If the bag has handles or a drawstring, you can simply hang it over the fish.

I wouldn't consider this an issue at all. We have done cabin gifts in the past and received them as well. Some fe pockets are very tiny.

I wouldn't even bat an eyelash at it.

For those who have participated in fe groups, this is only my 2nd time. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I bought a few gifts that aren’t going to fit in the typical fe pocket. So others suggested I hang the gifts in a bag on the door. So, I’m thinking of doing this for all the fe recipients. Basically I would put everyone’s gift in the bag and they would go through it. My 4 year old will probably be with me as I’m passing them out and I thought it would simplify matters. I feel when they look through the bag it’s pretty much easy to figure out who gets what, and I’m already having to take an extra carry on bag to hold the fe items.But I’m wondering if others will view this as lazy? Would you or your kids be disappointed if you received your gift this way instead of finding individual gifts in your fe pockets? I’m probably overthinking it but I’m just curious what others think, thanks!
Wait, do you mean to put everyone's FE gifts in one bag and hang it on YOUR door? For the participants to go through and find theirs?

Or do you mean putting each room in one bag that you hang on their door?

If the first, I don't think that's a good idea. If the second, no issue at all with that.

Wait, do you mean to put everyone's FE gifts in one bag and hang it on YOUR door? For the participants to go through and find theirs?

If the first, I don't think that's a good idea. If the second, no issue at all with that.

I assume when the OP said "when passing them out" meant they were going to hang it on the recipients door. However, that's a good question - and I agree with your comments in both cases.

Yes I’m going to hang it on their door. Many of the items probably would fit in a fe pocket, I just have a handful that would not. But that’s what gave me the idea just to hang everyone’s gifts. I bought Disney reusable bags to hang them in.

We wouldn't care less how the gift was delivered. Lots of gifts don't fit and it doesn't matter.

Not a problem at all! But, is it more fun for kiddos to be able to check their own pocket?? I would say it is. Is it more fun for your kiddo to put people’s gifts in their pockets rather than hanging a bag on the fish? I would think so.

We’ve experienced it all— came back to our room to see stuff hung on the fish, hung on the door handle, a white board stuck to our door, and gifts just set down by our door - even a bottle of wine given to us by some special people in our cruise group! I am so glad no one took it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter