would you be nervous flying on July 4th

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
My trip has been planned for a year to DL and I never thought twice of flying out July 4th but my mom has me worried now with the terrorism. :( I can change to the 3rd...would you do it or fly the 4th without a second thought> Cross Country Flight....

I understand your slight worry.
We are flying for the second time on Sept. 11th this year, the first time we did a few years ago I did worry bit. This time I am hoping to be somewhat calmer. But I am a nervous flyer to begin with. We are also going cross country.

Good Luck, you will be fine..

I can still change without penalty just incur an extr night hotel....Southwest calling me in 8 minutes so any other thoughts??? :)

I am always nervous when I fly. Too many people have to do their job 100% of the time correctly. With that said, it is still very safe to fly. As long as our current administration and future ones leave all the post 9/11 safety checks alone, I highly doubt there will be any thing like 9/11 again.

I googled it and of course last year ABC had an article that due to increase terrorism chatter on the 4th they were beefing up security etc. So made me little more paranoid after my mom mentioned it...I don't thik I would have thought about it personally but once she said that I got scared..

I totally get why you're concerned. It would be a feather in the cap of some to take down a plane here on July 4th.

Why not change if you have the ability and it would make you feel better?

That said, I think it will likely be fine to fly on the 4th.

Nope - I wouldn't hesitate. But I also flew out of Reagan National Airport in DC in November 2001. MAN was that weird... the airport was virtually empty.

I just bought my parents tickets to visit us in the US from abroad. I did avoid July 4th and bought the week following. However, my concern was mainly heavy crowd and higher price around/on July 4th.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. But since you can change without penalty, do whatever makes you feel most secure.

Nope - I wouldn't hesitate. But I also flew out of Reagan National Airport in DC in November 2001. MAN was that weird... the airport was virtually empty.

We flew to Orlando in October 2001.....flight had maybe two dozen people on it, and I've never seen WDW so uncrowded. Very low last minute rates at the Contemporary Hotel too, relatively speaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter