would you be nervous flying on July 4th

I totally get why you're concerned. It would be a feather in the cap of some to take down a plane here on July 4th.

Why not change if you have the ability and it would make you feel better?

That said, I think it will likely be fine to fly on the 4th.

I said a prayer and said next person that replies I am going with whatever they say. You were next. On phone now. THanks all!!!!

Op again....DH just realized he has July 3rd off and Southwest refunded 6k points for the change of days....Feel more at peace with it...

There hasn't been a terrorist attack in the United States in 14 years. You're more likely to die driving in your car to Walt Disney World.

Unless there was a specific credible threat announced I wouldn't think twice about it. I'm a nervous flyer, terrorism is probably number 149 out of the 150 things I worry about when I fly.

I am flying on the 3rd. My parents and siblings on the 4th. It wouldn't cross our minds not to fly on July 4th.

There hasn't been a terrorist attack in the United States in 14 years. You're more likely to die driving in your car to Walt Disney World.

This reminds me of a story I read soon after Father Bush said the US would be bombing Iraq in response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. Guy panics and says he's afraid of flying from Philadelphia to Boston due to terrorism, so he'll drive instead. He gets killed in an accident on the New Jersey Turnpike.

clearly the terrorists have already won if you're afraid to fly on independence day.

i would fly on the 4th of july without thinking twice.

heck my sister and niece along with the FBLA (future business leaders of america) students that my sister is chaperoning are flying home from the national competition on july 4th this year.

Nope. If I had reason to fly on July 4, I would and give it not one thought.

like PP have said, changing your flights or not flying on 4th July or September 11 just because of a fear of terrorism means they have won. I was in New York on vacation on September 11, I was outside St Patricks Cathedral on Madison Avenue when the planes hit. I was stranded for 5 days in a city under attack. I flew home to Ireland when the airports opened on September 15 from JFK. 6 weeks later I was back in New York on another vacation!!

While I will never forget those days in New York, the smoke, the sirens, the absolute fear , not knowing when I would get home, and not even knowing if there were more attacks to the city, I would NEVER change my flights or not fly on certain days in case there was a terror attack.

Yes it was 14 years ago, but look at what they have done, they have sown the seeds of fear into so many people and that is very wrong. We must not let them win and have the courage to teach the next generation not to give in to that fear

I would still fly but on July 4, September 11 or other significant holidays (wasn't the Muslim shoebomber on a Christmas flight?) it would certainly cross my mind, could today be the day? And I'm not a paranoid person, but honestly I would be aware of the date.

I would still fly but on July 4, September 11 or other significant holidays (wasn't the Muslim shoebomber on a Christmas flight?) it would certainly cross my mind, could today be the day? And I'm not a paranoid person, but honestly I would be aware of the date.

No that was December 22nd.

Op again....DH just realized he has July 3rd off and Southwest refunded 6k points for the change of days....Feel more at peace with it...

Flying on July 4th would not be a problem for me... but getting a 6K refund of points and an extra day of vacation for only the cost of a hotel night... yeah so would have changed it too!

Heck yes I'd be nervous, but no more nervous than I will be on Oct 10. I hate flying and I hate terrorists, but that doesn't stop me from living my life. Lol! Glad you were able to get in an extra day. Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter