would you be nervous flying on July 4th

Do what you feel is best. If you feel that you would be safer going on July 3rd, then by all means, change flights.

I wouldn't be that concerned, but I'm not in your situation. The fact that you are saving a bunch of points by going on July 3rd would be a sign to me that you made the right decision.

As a woman of Faith, I love the saying, "If I don't reach my Earthly destination, at least I know I'll reach my Heavenly one." Having this as a thought in my head always puts me at ease when flying.

Prior to the attacks on the United States on September 11, what was the significance of that date that caused the terrorists and mass murderers to act on that date? It was just a day and the attack occurred when they were ready. December 7 also comes to mind.

My trip has been planned for a year to DL and I never thought twice of flying out July 4th but my mom has me worried now with the terrorism. :( I can change to the 3rd...would you do it or fly the 4th without a second thought> Cross Country Flight....

Your mom has done you a real disservice.

This will be one of the few times I tell you to tune out mom.

Prior to the attacks on the United States on September 11, what was the significance of that date that caused the terrorists and mass murderers to act on that date? It was just a day and the attack occurred when they were ready. December 7 also comes to mind.

I thought the significance was that "911" has always been an emergency number here.

We flew to MCO on 9/20/2001. Wow were the airports QUIET!!!!!

I would not hesitate to fly on 7/4 any more than I would hesitate to fly on 2/18.

It is significant to them now, though. Wasn't the terrorist attack on the American embassy in Benghazi planned for September 11?

We have heard this: Don't attend a sporting event when there are increased worries about terrorism. Don't go the the mall on Halloween (remember that one?), don't fly on the anniversary of September 11. Now July 4th? Oh yeah, I have heard people say not to display stickers on your car in support of the U.S. military for fear of becoming a target of terrorists.

None of the above apply to my family. We will not submit to fear of living in our country.

This is one of those questions where I do not think there is an answer. You are either a nervous flyer and or superstitious or paranoid/afraid and are uncomfortable flying on that day or not. No one's opinion on the matter is probably going to change your opinion one way or another because in a way, it is an irrational fear.

That being said, it would not bother me. Believe me, I do not take risks or do dangerous things. But, not flying on certain dates does not even enter my mind. I am more of the if it is going to happen, it is going to happen mentality.

No,.I wouldnt worry about it.

Here is the thing with terrorists, whether it be "home grown" or outside coming in, they are going to strike when we least expect it, not when we think they might.

Exactly. The terrorists wish to defeat and destroy. They could care less by sending a "message" by hurting us on a calendar day.

Nope. I wouldn't be worried, but I've also flown over gaza and on an inter-Russia flight on Aeroflot (single most terrifying flight experience ever. I'm pretty sure that plane was duct taped together with parts salvaged from the Cold War).

There's always a chance. Really all it takes is one crazy, but that's true of driving or any public place. I choose not to live in fear of things I cannot control. I try not to be reckless, but sometimes you just have to take a chance.

For the record, I don't really consider flying on 7/4 a chance above normal travel

Think about it logically. What are the odds that there would be an incident on your exact flight on the 4th or any other day? Even if there were a credible threat against a flight on July 4th, the odds would still be in your favor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there really is no reason at all to worry about flying on July 4 or any other day, for that matter, because the odds are highly in your favor that you'll take off and land safely.

I love flying on holidays because it's usually much less crowded. That said, if you are going to approach your trip with anxiety, you should do what makes you comfortable. Have a great trip!:flower1:

Think about it logically. What are the odds that there would be an incident on your exact flight on the 4th or any other day? Even if there were a credible threat against a flight on July 4th, the odds would still be in your favor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there really is no reason at all to worry about flying on July 4 or any other day, for that matter, because the odds are highly in your favor that you'll take off and land safely.

Probably less than my odds of winning the lottery. And I don't play the lottery. ;)

My trip has been planned for a year to DL and I never thought twice of flying out July 4th but my mom has me worried now with the terrorism. :( I can change to the 3rd...would you do it or fly the 4th without a second thought> Cross Country Flight....

I would fly without a second thought.

I thought the significance was that "911" has always been an emergency number here.

Apparently that wasn't a consideration at all to the terrorists.

And there was no significance about December 7 itself to the Japanese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter