• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you book two rooms at Pop Century?

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
We have toyed with booking two rooms for our stay in Jan of '06. My DH is 6'2" and the thought of sharing a double bed with him for 10 days is enough to make my back hurt now!! We've toyed with upgrading one room at Pop Century to a moderate for the extra space. So I was wondering what would you do?? By the way it's my self, DH , DS 13 (who is already 5'8') and DS 9 and DD 18 months. I didn't know if we got a good rate that maybe 2 rooms at Pop might be equivical to one room at a moderate? Has anyone done this???.

We get two rooms for our family of five. I am not thrilled with the themes of the values but love the space. If you get two rooms, everyone can have their own bed!

This time we asked for connecting with one room a king bed. I realllllly hope we get it.

We juste returned from 10 night at Pop. There was myself, dw and ds(4). we were fine but I would think you may be a bit crowded.

I posted on your other thread - go for the two rooms at Pop. However, I forgot to mention - join AAA - you'll get 20% off on your room rate.

legalslave said:
I posted on your other thread - go for the two rooms at Pop. However, I forgot to mention - join AAA - you'll get 20% off on your room rate.

So how much is it to join AAA? Do I have to be a member when I book ressie, or just when I show up at hotel? Thanks

I'm in New York, and it cost me about $40 for the year. I saved about $140 just on my 7 nights at Pop this trip, and I also saved on an eye exam for my son, tickets to Six Flags, and hotel and motel stays, not to mention a tow for my grandson's car, in which I was a passenger. It really pays for itself. It depends on the cast member taking your reservation whether or not you will need the number. However, you can join online, and get your number immediately.

With the two rooms - two bathrooms! Yeah! We have two soon to be teens, and after this August trip, we'll be going the "two-room" route, I'm sure!

The beds at the moderate and the beds at the value resorts are the same. Both double bed. So if your choice is either 2 rooms at the value or 1 room at the moderate, then I would opt for the 2 rooms at the value. You will have your own bed and your husband will have his. And 2 tvs and 2 bathrooms are always nice!

If you can get a king size bed connected to a double bed room that would be great. This way both of you can sleep in the king bed together and the baby in your room and the other 2 kids can sleep in the other.

We've done both... one room at CSR and 2 connecting rooms at POP.
No comparison in the amount of space. POP is, from our experience, by far the better alternative... 4 beds and 2 bathrroms. :banana: There isn't enough extra floor space in a moderate that can even touch that! :rotfl:
Unless, of course, you get 2 connecting rooms in a moderate. ;)

we did it last year for the first time and it was the BEST decision we ever made! (my dh is 6'4 and has to sleep diagonal on a double) we LOVED pop century... having two rooms made it feel suite-like, and we kept a towel over the connecting door so the kids could not lock us out! LOL! in addition to a bed for each of us and all the great space (we only used one door, so we had all the space in front of the door to store suitcases, cooler, laundry hamper, etc) we were thrilled to have the extra bathroom and television (esp when we were locked in our room due to hurricane! LOL!)

as a matter of fact, we loved it soo much that we are going w/two rooms again this trip (but at POFQ 'cause we got the free dining so we could afford to up our resort level)... i think we're spoiled and cannot imagine squeezing all of us into one room anymore!

again, i highly recommend the two rooms at pop! you'll be so happy w/the extra space and the cost is still reasonable :)

gigi1313 said:
we are going w/two rooms again this trip (but at POFQ 'cause we got the free dining so we could afford to up our resort level)... i think we're spoiled and cannot imagine squeezing all of us into one room anymore!

Same here! ::yes::
Have a great trip! :thewave:

We just booked two connecting rooms at POR for our Sept trip. We are a family of five (Me, DH, DS-13, DS-11, DD-11) and knew that we would require more space than a single room would give us.

We Have Booked 2 Rooms At Pop For 61.00 A Night With Aaa. We Are A Family Of 5. We Stayed In Asm Last Time And Did The Same And It Worked Out Perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter