Would you buy an iPhone...

Well, the line at the Apple store repair counter is always long.
Doesn't mean it's a manufacturers problem. Could be someone bricked their device (by doing something they shouldnt), dropped it, or just want to learn how to do something.

Doesn't mean it's a manufacturers problem. Could be someone bricked their device (by doing something they shouldnt), dropped it, or just want to learn how to do something.
True. For us it was always hard drive failure.

Last edited:
Traditionally I've been very Apple orientated, simply because I preferred the underlying OS (dating back to System 7). This was before they were trendy, following on from the iMac to OSX, the iPhone, iPad and iPod.

When computers first started becoming popular for personal use in the mi 90’s, our first ones were Macintosh. We loved them (with that little guy on the Information Highway that explained everything), but eventually went over to PC because we could never find much software for ours. We had several PCs and they all eventually got viruses or malware despite being locked down pretty well.

Fast forward to when iPhones first came out. Someone I know had one at a conference, and I fell in love with it. Went home and bought my own. That was a 3GS. Have had one ever since (still just using an 8Plus, but am thinking of upgrading one of these days). Also went over to iPads and don’t even have a PC anymore. I use an iPad Pro 12.9 inch with Magic Keyboard and I love it. I can easily stick it in my pocketbook to take with me if I want to, and borrow Wi-Fi from my phone if need be. I haven’t found them difficult to use but still find features I didn’t know about all the time. Our whole family uses Apple.

The matter over lifespan appears to be subjective. I am aware of certain Linux PCs that will just Keep On Going, and of course, RISCOS machines NEVER break down - due to the system and hardware architecture I guess, and the fact that no-one writed viruses for them! Insofar as the Mac. v. Windows debate goes, I know a company that operates on Windows as the Government software is Windows only; however, they are forever fighting off viruses, updating hardware and being held to Ransomware. Obtusely, many employees use Mac laptops at home and haven't updated their hardware in half a decade with no slowing down.

If you had to squeeze me, what would I say? Look after your computer and it will look after you. Do not be afraid to try new things - words such as "Ubuntu" and "Linux" sound scary but they're just another type of computer, getting to be quite mainstream now and ridiculously easy and safe to use.

I chose the same iPhone my son had, so he could teach me how to use it. :laughing: I really like it now, and would have a hard time switching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter