Would you buy DL tickets now or see if there's a Black Friday sale? Going week after Thanksgiving

imjen

DIS Veteran
Do you think there's a chance that the park reservations will fill up if I wait for a Black Friday sale on GAT or UT? Does anyone know when those sales usually start? We are going Nov. 27-Nov. 30. Thanks for your feedback!

I have never in my life heard of a Black Friday sale on Disney tickets. Like ever. The tourism industry and the retail industry are very different in their seasonality and their specials. Also, if you waited until Black Friday or the week of Black Friday (which we in the retail industry call Cyber Week now) to buy tickets and make park reservations for the week after Thanksgiving, I think you would ABSOLUTELY run into problems with park reservations being taken. If you're actually planning to go this Nov 27-30, I would buy your tickets now and get those park reservations done. You're also past the 60 day window for dining reservations already too. get on it! Don't wait! You're waiting for a sale that isn't going to happen. I'd also reserve your hotel ASAP too.

UT and similar sites will sadly not have a Cyber Week (Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Giving Tuesday etc.) discount on Park tickets. Sorry OP!

November and December are historically two of the busiest months at Walt Disney World, with some hotels fully booked already. If your heart is set on being at WDW Nov 27-30, I recommend buying your tickets, making your Park reservations, booking a hotel if you need one/ don't already have it, and making any dining reservations you'd like ASAP.

You just missed an undercover tourist adult for child price sale and I feel like there’s not going to be anything better than that in the next couple of months (just guessing though).

But the bigger issue is getting reservations last minute for such a busy time. I would just go ahead and buy fairly soon—a sale probably isn’t going to save you all that much over UT regular prices.

I’ve purchased tickets on Black Friday sales from both UT and GAT several times actually, so those sales most definitely happen! Typically the discount is around $15 on the 3 day ticket, so it doesn’t save tons, but certainly adds up on multiple tickets. I wouldn’t, however, wait that long to make reservations.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! I wasn't sure if reservations are filling up or if most of the time there's availability. We already have a hotel booked. There's still some pretty good hotel prices and availability that week. You're probably right though that saving a little on tickets isn't worth the stress of possibly not getting a reservation.

I’ve purchased tickets on Black Friday sales from both UT and GAT several times actually, so those sales most definitely happen! Typically the discount is around $15 on the 3 day ticket, so it doesn’t save tons, but certainly adds up on multiple tickets. I wouldn’t, however, wait that long to make reservations.
Really? Good to know in case I'm ever trying to buy a bunch of tickets for a trip happening further in the future than OP :). I guess... in my head that doesn't count as a Black Friday sale. $15/ticket is paltry compared to 40%, etc. discounts like other Black Friday sales give you!

Don't wait for reservations as they fill up this time of year. GAT has a "get a 4th day free" promotion right now I think and otherwise, they run "get an adult for kids price". It won't be a much better value than now.

Target Cirlcle has a 20% discount for TripAdvisor Things to do. Works for certain DL tickets.

https://www.target.com/circle/partners?flyout=1025

People on the runDIsney board have used it successfully to buy tickets for DL race weekend in January. works for 1-2-3 day tickets.
I just used this yesterday! Bought one 5-day hopper for Dec 7-11 and saved $95!

It arrived quickly and I loaded it onto the DL app.

I just tried to apply the Target code and it wouldn't let me book the ticket on tripadvisor.

Thank you so much! The Target part of the code was on a separate line on my phone, so I didn't realize it was part of the code!

I have never in my life heard of a Black Friday sale on Disney tickets. Like ever. The tourism industry and the retail industry are very different in their seasonality and their specials. Also, if you waited until Black Friday or the week of Black Friday (which we in the retail industry call Cyber Week now) to buy tickets and make park reservations for the week after Thanksgiving, I think you would ABSOLUTELY run into problems with park reservations being taken. If you're actually planning to go this Nov 27-30, I would buy your tickets now and get those park reservations done. You're also past the 60 day window for dining reservations already too. get on it! Don't wait! You're waiting for a sale that isn't going to happen. I'd also reserve your hotel ASAP too.
FYI: holding a ticket and/or a park reservation have zero effect on being able to book dining 60 days out or at all.
You don’t have to have either to make dining reservations

FYI: holding a ticket and/or a park reservation have zero effect on being able to book dining 60 days out or at all.
You don’t have to have either to make dining reservations
I think aymiewilson just meant that it's now within the booking window for dining and OP should book that ASAP if they're considering going on those dates.

Gah! I could have saved so much $$ on tickets with the target code! That’s on top of the $ I already saved from the 3rd party reseller discount. :(

Happy for everyone else that can use this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter