• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you DC

momto2js

DIS Veteran
We will be in Orlando visiting family for Thanksgiving next month and have Friday free to do something fun. We can get a nice passholder discount to Discovery Cove and are considering the possibility. We have a 1 and 3 year old. Would you take them to DC in November??

We were going to do Aquatica in the AM and then SW in the evening. We would sub DC for Aquatica

I did DC with my now fianceé in february of last year. The best way I can describe it is as what cruise lines promise their private beach port to be. I wouldn't expect your 1 and 3 year olds to get much out of it than they would a beach day, but as an adult it was a highlight of the trip. It was some of the best snorkelling I've had the opportunity to do because the water clarity and condition was controlled and the aquatic life was teeming and varied. I did see some young children really took to the dolphin encounter.

It competed as the highlight of the trip for my fianceé's first trip to Disney World.

We did DC 2 years ago and loved it. I have 3 kids who were 15, 14 and 10 and they absolutely loved it, it truely was the best day we've ever had on any vacation and we will do it again. I don't know that a 1 and 3 year old would like it other than the pool and sand. The stingrays in the snorkeling pool are enormous and can be a little intimidating at first to a much bigger kid so I would think the little ones would probably freak. The stingrays in the feeding pool are big and excited when its feeding time so they could really scare them in there too or even knock them over. They'd probably like everything from a distance but unless you have someone to sit with them in the sand and wading pool you won't get much out of it either.

DC is great for adults and older children. You'll have to stay all day to get the most out of your money. The major attraction for DC is feeding birds, fish and stingrays out of your hands. Some younger children are afraid when the animals come too close. Aquatica will be a better bet for your little ones.

I'd stick to your original plans. I think Aquatica and SeaWorld would be more fun with little ones than Discovery Cove. Actually if it was me, I'd skip Aquatica unless it's a super warm day and just do Sea World. The dolphin experience can be feeding the Dolphins at Dolphin Cove at the Sea World park. My personal thoughts are the best experience for little ones in Orlando are SeaWorld and playing in a resort swimming pool with mom and dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter