• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you do a Seaworld AP for DC discount if you were me?

Chelley00

DIS Veteran
We will be in Orlando next month with our 2 youngest and are really interested in going to Discovery Cove for a day. We aren't really interested in Aquatica and might or might not go to to Seaworld for a day (this is a low key, no planning, relaxed vacation with lots of resort pool time per the kids request) We will only be in Orlando for 5 days.

In my calculations, it seems buying an AP for Seaworld for one person and then using it to book DC might save money, even if we spend a day at Seaworld ) buying the AP discounted tickets for the other 3 no passholders. We will be in Orlando next fall and would would be able to use the AP again.

Does it make sense to buy the AP? We don't need the 14 day access to Seaworld and Aquatica with such a short trip.

I think if the kids want resort pool time, a day at Aquatica would be perfect for them. More rides (even if they are younger they have a fairly decent little kids area) and a large beach area if they just want to play in the sand. Maybe show them a map of the park and see if they are interested? If they are that should make the decision easier.

Never want to assume how old children are, so what are their ages? I have an 11 and 8 year old who love love love water!!! Aquatica is their favorite park in all of Orlando, and has been for 3 years. They would pick it over Discovery Cove (we the parents don't agree with that one...), Universal, and Disney. Put on a life jacket and float around Roa's Rapids!!! It is awesome! There are plenty of water areas that are not just water slides and thrill rides. The "family fun area" (we call it that at every waterpark we go to...with the bucket of water that dump out) is absolutely huge and fun for the 5-9 year old range. We have never done the kiddie section (toddler pool and slides), but it looks fun, even has a small tube slide. So much fun at that park, I would try it out!!!!

Where do you live? Might be cheaper for you to get a BGW AP that gives you access to SW/DC discount. If you live in a contiguous state to VA, you can order it online.

I can't answer whether it makes sense to buy an AP for Sea World but I can tell you that we (2 middle aged, NON water park loving women) LOVED Aquatica last week, its a far cry better than a basic pool at a hotel/resort and I think your kids would love it! Our next trip will include DC again (highlight of our 14 days trip) with many days at Aquatica - Roa Rapids is GREAT. We rented a cabana at the rapids - best $60 ever! We didn't do any of the water rides but they sure did look like a lot of fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter