Would you do this quickie trip?

See my comments in red above.

I've done a couple of trips like this, now that my dd has 'aged out' of both Disney and going with me. (We did go for a week with her best friend after they turned 21 to do drinks around the world. It was fun, but I actually realized that I prefer the shorter more relaxed trips now.) So I totally get you. Sounds like a perfect trip to me.

Honestly, renting the points for a studio is hard enough to justify financially, so I'd happily sleep on the sofa bed. If it's truly terrible, we've shared a bed before and managed fine- but I'm also one who can sleep just about anywhere!

Good point about hoppers- I figure I'll leave that up to him. You're right that I have them, but I don't want to count on him wanting to pay the up-charge.

As for Day 1, you're right that it's a little light. Partly that's by design, because once I get something in my head I get committed to actually doing it, whether or not it feels like fun in the moment! But practically (partly depending on weather), I could see making that a pool day or going to Downtown Disney (I'm not a shopper, but my friend is). Or starting a MK resort area bar crawl in the late afternoon. I tried to do something like that last trip, after spending the morning and afternoon at the Braves' spring training- but ended up bailing on Trader Sam's after the fireworks because there was still a wait to get in and my feet were killing me. It might have had something to do with being at MK and AK from 7:30am-10pm straight the day before, and then being up before dawn to spend 7am-3pm in the blazing sun at the Wide World of Sports!

I think if we do this, I'd likely make it a priority to take advantage of everything at AKL we'd want to- meaning the animals obviously, but also restaurants, the lounge, even the pool. Firstly because it's not a place I can afford to stay regularly (or at least, not if I want my travel budget to stretch the way I like it to). Also though, because knowing this friend is a cruise person, I know he appreciates being able to walk out the room straight to various activities- and this resort has the potential to be a lot like that. It's also an approach that, by design, would probably have a balance of activity levels.

Since you said your last few trips have been packed full, taking a slower more relaxed pace sounds like a new fun way to enjoy Disney this time.

My hubby and I are taking a “parents only” weekend soon at the Dolphin where we are taking this approach (our vacations with our teens are always packed full!). Friday night when we arrive will be spent at Disney Springs, Saturday we’re planning on strolling around Epcot the way we always plan to do—and never manage with thrill rides calling our name—and Saturday we’re spending the day doing a Skyliner food/drink crawl and relaxing in the warmth before returning to the snow! Only cost a one day, non-upgraded ticket. We’re literally planning to stop and smell the roses :)

Honestly, renting the points for a studio is hard enough to justify financially, so I'd happily sleep on the sofa bed. If it's truly terrible, we've shared a bed before and managed fine- but I'm also one who can sleep just about anywhere!

Good point about hoppers- I figure I'll leave that up to him. You're right that I have them, but I don't want to count on him wanting to pay the up-charge.

Sounds like you have a good plan. Since your friend is a Star Wars fan, I would do Studios first park day so he has the option of doing a return trip. (Based on texts from a friend who did RotR yesterday, lol.)

When were you thinking about going? If this helps, I just did a quick check of studio availability, and there are only random nights through June, and not too many of them are consecutive. July August and September have lots of availability. October and November weekends at Jambo are pretty much booked up, though.

Good luck and have a great time!

Sounds like you have a good plan. Since your friend is a Star Wars fan, I would do Studios first park day so he has the option of doing a return trip. (Based on texts from a friend who did RotR yesterday, lol.)

When were you thinking about going? If this helps, I just did a quick check of studio availability, and there are only random nights through June, and not too many of them are consecutive. July August and September have lots of availability. October and November weekends at Jambo are pretty much booked up, though.

Good luck and have a great time!

Thanks! I'm thinking probably September. I've got a lot of travel in June and July, and October/November are busy times at work, so that seems like it might be the sweet spot. It would be great calendar-wise to incorporate Labor Day weekend, but I know that will affect crowds and availability (although maybe not as much as other holiday weekends, since schools will mostly have just gone back into session)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter