Would you go to a Villains Dining experience?

Yes. There used to be a Villians dinner at the GF. It was cancelled in the early 2000's due to low interest, or complaints of children being scared. Both seem to be prevailing opinions on its' demise. I can't remember how long it ran for, but it wasn't long, a year or two. I just remember hearing about it when I returned from one trip, planning on it for the next and then "poof", gone. They replaced it with Pooh and now the popular Cinderella meal.

Too bad! I could see younger children not enjoying it as much as teens or adults. Definitely not for everyone--but then again, I can see Pooh and Mickey Mouse being not quite as popular with the older crowds. I think teens in particular would get a kick out of interacting with the villains.

I would love a Villains meal and would go in a heartbeat. Those who are scared could easily avoid it. Star Wars could be OK if they don't make some of the characters too childish. Marvel won't happen so no point in thinking about it.

My husband would love to dine in the Cantina, that's for sure. HS--with Indiana Jones, the stunt show and Star Wars--is definitely his favourite park!

I was trolling this forum looking for news about some new dining experiences, as I thought I saw something online about a Disney Fairies character dining experience (which I'm guessing would be too good to be true!), but I haven't seen anything. This led me to think about other dining experiences and whether or not they would be successful. How many folks would be interested in attending a villains dining reservation? I can see this one being very successful--especially if it was set in a dark and dangerous restaurant--a dark castle, a dungeon, a cave beneath a mountain or perhaps even something sinister like the Haunted Mansion. Or how about Star Wars or Marvel character dining?

No, not my thing. I like the happy side of Disney, not the dark side.

I'd go to a Disney Villian dining experience but could care less about Marvel villians.

I don't even know who they are except for the dude in Thor - Loki. My DD14 would love a dining experience with Loki - she thinks he's cool. And if Thor showed up in it, I'd be all for it.

I think Disney should do another dining experience more boy oriented. You know - Peter Pan and the Pirates. And have Wendy show up for the girls.

I would love a villains dining experience! I love the villains, they are hilarious. I believe it would be great fun. As for the Star Wars dining my DS7 and Dh would absolutely LOVE that! Huge Star Wars fans!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I remember reading somewhere that there are rumoured plans to turn the area around Star Tours in DLP into Star Wars land with Pizza Planet being turned in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Could a restaurant like this work in DHS?

You know what I would love? A Disney-villain hangover brunch. The morning after drinking around the world, you can go to brunch with the villains, sip bloody mary's and hang out without children. ;)

(Love kids, but it would be cool to have a 21+ character experience!)

I know my family would love a Villains Character meal, or at least somewhere to meet them. We were there in March and I went to the restroom and was going to meet them in Fantasyland, 5 minutes later they call me to tell me to hurry they were the last ones in line for Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine. I was running across the park to get there in time. We were so excited and they were the most fun characters the entire trip. They were completely in character in a fun way, not scary.

I don't think I'd be interested. I am more in a happy mood kind of thing when I eat . A villain meal wouldn't be my thing

My reaction to a Villains meal (or park, or even just 'more villain characters in the parks') would boil down to this:
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
In other words, so much yes. The villains seem to have so much fun and really be the very best cast interactions. And not every kid, even the little ones, are scared of them. My 2 year old loves "Ebuhl Keen!" (Evil Queen) and throws up her hands and tilts back her head and laughs maniacally every time she see's Maleficent. She thinks Facilier is funny.
(Yes, we do wonder if she will be our Evil Overlord someday...)
So we'd love interactions that include our little one, but I also think that an adults only villains champagne brunch would be AWESOME. Who wouldn't want to share a table with Mother Gothel, Maleficent, the Evil Queen and Lady Tremaine as they sip mimosa's and snark on those idiot girls what did them wrong?
Ever since the Adventurer's Club shut down, I think Disney World has been sadly lacking in fun that's just for grown ups. Grown ups are part of the family too!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE the villains what I wouldn't do to have this happen. Unfortunately I don't think this will happen at least any time soon. If they did create this where would they put it?

HM said:
Totally Agree! We still talk about that meal all these years later. The best character meal we ever ate at. Loved Smee and Capt Hook.

Us too, we loved it and still talk about it, we went in Feb 2000 I think my DH was more thrilled then DS to meet Prince John. The characters acted more naughty then scary. I'd book in a minute

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh how I would love this! It would probably not be great for most smaller kids, but I could see a lot of the older ones being into it. And what could be better for Disney than getting families with older kids and parties of adults to pay $40 a head for pretty cheap buffet food?? XD

True, it may not have the pull to consistently draw crowds year round. But make it a Halloween season offering, or a weekend like Star Wars has, and you'll sell it out pretty quickly, if the crowds at this year's villains party at DHS is any indicator. I think it would have a better chance at success now as compared to 14 years ago when they last tried it. We're in an era where villains are much more popular and are getting more focus and their own movies, even within the Disney family of companies.

So for part of the year, have the villains "take over" a dining location, set up a buffet, throw in some of our favourite baddies, and as a previous poster put it "shut up and take my money."

tbh, I'd be happy with any of these suggestions but our top picks would be Pirates or Star Wars. There really need to be more TS restaurants in WDW -- you can't even book anything good in advance anymore.

Oh I would love to see this! I was in WDW for the Villains Party, but was unable to actually get to the park. The traffic was crazy!

Disney does have a ton of character dining that is suited towards younger kids, but we all know that us "older kids" want to have some fun as well. I'd gladly go!

It does seem that the Villains have gained attention over the past few years and people are definitely wanting to meet with them. Seeing the characters now in the parks is awesome and they usually have super long lines to interact with them.

I would certainly go. As an adult Cruella is my favorite and the only character meet I am currently interested in. But as a child Ursula scared me so bad. But, I would love to meet her and totally expect to hear her do that laugh. I think it would be fun. I also think that doing this as an adults experience is a good idea; but, if it's for the whole family then it's a choice parents would have to be wise about whether or not their child could handle it. As far as having it all the time I don't see that. But, at special times multiple times a year is a good idea so that those who can't travel at Halloween could attend.

The Villains shop at DHS is a joke. Usually filled with just Jack Skellington gear, who is a great character but come on! Maleficent? Ursula? Dr. Facilier? Jafar? There are plenty more and it would sell like crazy.

It used to carry a TON more real Villains stuff but over the years those items went by the wayside. It's a bummer.

I would totally go to a Villains dinner - no question.

Let's go bigger!

Actually.... (and I have put a lot of thought into this... ha ha) if they ever open a 5th park to Disneyworld? It should be an "all villain" park with the main focus being "thrill rides/roller coasters" . Take the top 4 disney villians of all time (that could be a whole other thread, lol) ... and make them into some awesome wicked roller coasters. Oh yes! Make another 4 more calmer rides for the whole family. Have 2 different sit down table service restaurants, 3 or 4 different counter service ones. Throw in a kick butt broadway style show, 2 meet and greets, some interactive $50 ticket/per child hour long "how to be an evil villain" party.... throw in at least 3 large souvy/trinket shops... and booya. Success and $$$ and happy Disney lovers that can get their thrills right on property w/out having to go over to Islands of Adventure. I think if it was themed right, it would be such fun and the teens/adults would eat this up. ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!! I think Disney should take you up on your idea haha. As for the Villain meal, YES, YES OMG YES. The many villains are one of my favorite parts of Disney with Ursula being my favorite followed by Maleficent. I don't consider Jack Skellington to be a villain but he is my favorite character. :love:

The store at DHS is a joke. We just came home yesterday and I was disappointed at the lack of merchandise there. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter