Would You Like to Attend an Illuminations Dessert Party 1/28? UPDATED WITH FINAL INFO

Marianne,

I have added you to the list but I would also like to know which dessert option you would prefer. Glad you can join the party!

Come on folks - we only need 5 more - who wants to join us?????

Thanks for replying so quickly.also what is the date 28 or 29 as we need to make plans as we are leaving next Sunday...please let me know ASAP ..can't wait to meet all of you and eat that wonderful dessert!! Marianne

Hi,

We'll be in Disney World 1/24/03-2/1/03 and will have 5 people with us (3 adults plus a 7 year old and a 9 year old). We're considering joining the party but had some questions first. Where is the party being held? Do we get any type of reserved seating for the Illuminations show? Has it been decided yet if it will be on 1/28 or 1/29? Thanks for any info you can give me. :p

Hi!
It hasn't been decided yet, 28 or 29th (but those two dates were picked because that was what was still available to choose from - as soon as "we" (?) know we have enough people, I'm assuming someone will try to book one of the dates.

The location is at the UK pavilion at Epcot - and yes, I'm told it's a prime viewing spot for illuminations. It is held on either an "upper or lower deck" with unbrella tables and chairs for seating. See the beginning of this thread for a list of the desserts with coffee, and other beverages.

I hope this helps you decide.

Hi Dorie.

The Dessert Party is held on either the lower or upper pavillion near the UK area of Epcot. It is a private spot reserved just for those in the Dessert Party group. You have EXCELLENT viewing of Illuminations plus the added bonus of wonderful desserts and no sitting around for hours ahead of time to get a good spot.

We are still waiting to decide between the 28th and 29th as we don't yet have enough people to reserve this (we have 15 but need 20). Once we have enough people for either night, we will go with that night. We do have one couple who is only available on the 28th so if possible we would prefer the 28th rather than having to round up another couple. So, I believe our first choice, at this point, is the 28th but that could change just depending on who commits to the event.

Here is a link to another thread that has some pictures in case that will help you decide.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=269507&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

If you look at both the pictures included as well as those linked on the post you can see the seating etc.

We would LOVE to have your group join us so please let us know if you have more questions!

We will be down Jan. 25 thru Feb 1. "We" consisting of DH & I, and 4 DDs (9,6,3, & 2). Is the price the same for kids as adults? The "old world" would be our preference. Can someone find out about, or tell me where to look, about the kiddo info? Just don't know if I can jusyify the $ to DH for dessert for DDs who really don't eat that much.

I originally checked into this for the DVC group that did this on Jan 3. At that time you had to have a $700 minimum so in effect you really need closer to 25 people to make it work even though they have a 20 person minimum. Just want to make sure you were informed about that. Good Luck

DW & I would love to be part of this.... Old world mini's are cool by us ... also, either date would be fine. Somebody let me know what we need to do.

Thanks,

Chuck

MommieMommie,

Kids over 3 pay the same as adults - kids under 3 pay nothing. I completely understand the difficulty in justifying the cost for kids. However, it is a really unique experience that is sure to be a highlight for any who have the opportunity to attend.

Sure hope you can attend - we'd love to have you and your family join our fun!

kem330,

Thanks for the info - we'll have to check on that to make sure we are covered. Hopefully, we'll get enough attendees to cover regardless but I appreciate the head's up.

VillainDude,

Happy to add you and your dw to our group. At this point, we are still needing a few additional attendees in order to finalize the date and method of payment etc. As soon as we have the final details (hopefully this will be very soon!) we will post it here so check back, okay?

ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN JOIN US?????

Add us to the list for the dessert party - it sounds great! We vote for the 28th and the "Old World" dessert menu. Thanks for seetting this up.
(Oh - 2 adults to add to the list)
Dean & Penny

Add us to the list for the dessert party - it sounds great! We vote for the 28th and the "Old World" dessert menu. Thanks for seetting this up.
(Oh - 2 adults to add to the list)
Dean & Penny

Dean & Penny,

Okay you are added to the list!! We are glad you can join us.

That leave us with only a few more to go so anyone else please let us know if you can come too!

If there is still room we would love to be included. We are arriving in WDW 1/25 and departing 2/4 so either date would be perfect. There are 4 adults in our party. Build your own dessert would be fun but it looks like most of the others prefer the old world desserts. Either one is fine just excited about getting to go.
Thanks Rick:wave:

Rickrx,

I will add your 4 adults to the list. Glad you found us and can't wait to meet your group later this month.

Puffy2,

I THINK that is enough - I am only a bit unsure because of kem330 comments that we would need closer to 25 to actually meet the $ minimum. This group gives us a minimum of 23 so I would like to have just a couple of more to make sure but I will go ahead and contact Robert to see if he can make the phone call and get the final answer on number of people. It appears from reading previous posts that we need a minimum of $700 (including tax and tip) which means about 25 people. If they include the CM charge ($1.80 pp) towards the minimum then we only need 23 which we have. So, at this point I think we should go ahead and book what is available and work out the rest afterwards.

I am SO excited that we are going to be able to do this and look forward to meeting everyone!

BTW, I will be asking Robert to request the 28th as our first choice since the 29th will leave us with only 21 and to request the one hour session with the Old World Desserts as that seems to be the majority. According to a previous post that broke down the costs, it will be as follows if we get the minimum required (whatever that is).

22.50 for desserts, beverages, and private viewing location
1.35 for 6% tax
4.50 for 20% gratuity (required by Disney Catering)
1.80 for event guide cast member (required by Disney Catering)
$30.15 per person total

Worst case scenario (we don't get anymore than 23) I think it will just be $2 more per person. If this doesn't work for anyone, PLEASE let us know ASAP so we be prepared.

Thanks everyone and please chime in if you can join us as we still have room for more!!!

I was just looking at the list and when I talk to them at Disney I am going to be booking 23 people paying and 3 youths under 3 yo. I will be booking the 28th which will be at the UK lower terrace.

I also see two groups that said that they would like to go but didn't confirm completely. Is the groups of doriemg or mommiemommie going to be going? They will add another 9 to the list of paying and I think it was 2 not paying.

I will post on here what I find out tomorrow when I contact Disney. I will be there at the park tomorrow so I will try to meet them in person and see what they can do for us.

If you are interested and havn't signed up yet please do so ASAP. I'm sure we can add to the numbers but I don't know how hard it is to do with Disney.

Hey Robert - hope you got my PM.

We have not heard back from the 2 parties you mentioned - I will PM/email them to let them know we are getting booked so they can join in if they want to.

Thanks for taking care of this and please let me know what I need to do!!

We still have a bit of time to add a few more so please let us know if you can join us!!

We just did a desert party at UK upper and it was realy great. Some say its a better view than the cruse and the food was wonderful. We asked for hot chocolate as well as the other drinks and they made it from scratch, realy delicious, at no extra charge. Great Disney customer service and we met a lot of DISers. Can't recomend it enough. Maddy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter