Would You Like to Attend an Illuminations Dessert Party 1/28? UPDATED WITH FINAL INFO

(Robert & akasleepingbeauty - I PM'd you as well so you would hopefully get this in time)

We would like to be added to the list (2 adults). Old World Miniatures is our vote, and either date will work. However, one thing that no one has noted is that MK closes early (6:00) on the 29th, so we were planning on being in MK on the 28th for the longer hours, and Epcot on the 29th - has anyone looked at that as a consideration?

Michael & Deandra,

I have added you both to the list and let Robert know to increase our group size to 25. We are so glad you can join us!

I also sent you a PM so I hope you received it.

Okay folks - looks like we're doing well here - we have enough but of course more are welcome so let us know if you'd like to join the fun!!

akasleeping beauty and robert.......sent you both a pm about our party size decreasing to 2 paying and one 2yo. thanks for noting this........cant wait to see you all there!

Littleducksmom,

Thanks for letting us know about your party size changing - it should not make a huge difference and we are glad you are still joining us!

Everyone, please note:

We should have the final details today once Robert has a chance to speak with Trina. If all goes as planned, we should be on for the 28th for 24 paying and 2 under 3 year olds with the one-hour Old World Classics desserts. It should come in at right around $30-$31/person with everything (tax etc.) included.

Those here on the DIS who have done this before have paid the organizer through Paypal since it seems that Disney has to have the full amount paid in advance. We are, obviously, running a bit close on schedule so we will need everyone to be ready to pay this week so that all is taken care of before everyone departs for their trips.

I have used Paypal extensively through ebay and had no problems - if anyone is not familiar with this service and how it works please pm me or check out their website at www.paypal.com. You, as the payor, will not pay any fees for using this service or sending the money; the recipient will only pay a fee is the payor uses a credit card. We will work out all the details once we get the final price, reservation etc.

If there is any way we can pay Disney directly for this, that would of course be the preferred method but I believe this must be done in one payment in advance so let's all be prepared.

Thanks everyone for helping us to get this together - I think it should be lots of fun for us all!!

To send money with Paypal, do you have to "sign up" with them?

Can you briefly state how this works (never done it before) and what sort of guarentees do they offer?

Puffy2 (and anyone else who is interested),

Yes, you will have to set up a minimal account with paypal in order to send money through them. I have used them for a couple of years now - originally I used credit cards only but then signed up to be able to access my banking account. I have never had any problems whatsoever with them - I don't receive useless spam email, no telemarketing and no privacy violations so far. They are now owned by ebay and are used for millions of ebay transactions each year.

Basically, you enter your name, address etc. and then enter your payment info (cc #) etc. just like when paying for something through Amazon or whatever. You will tell them the email address to send the money to and it will take care of forwarding the money and sending email receipts to both payor and payee.

I know this will seem strange to those of you who have not used paypal before but it is a very safe service with a long history of doing good business. If we had more time I think money orders/cashiers check would also work but it would be doubtful they could arrive in time. However, once we have the details and if someone wants to send the $ this way and is willing to pay express shipping to make sure it arrives we'll see what we can work out.

Please visit the www.paypal.com website and browse the security, about us, and awards areas to gather more information about this service.

Hope that helps,

Just did the PayPal thing ... ready to be "officially signed up".

Man oh man, this would be too cool to meet up w/ people who feel like I do about WDW... and desserts to break the ice!!

I don't know about ya'll .... but .... food is really important in my neck of the woods ... and the combo of WDW, illumiNations, desserts & cool people ... Boy oh boy, this sounds like a good time to me!!

I can almost taste them now!!

DUDE:bounce:

Checked in today to see the final details. Will check in again tomorrow and send the money through paypal for the 4 of us. Thanks again for setting this up We are really looking forward to this.
Rick:teeth:

Sorry about that. I got in late from the park and forgot to post the info. The department took yesterday off so I will need to wait for a call back today and arrange it for us. I looked at the two terraces. The upper terrace has some slightly higher hedges but they won't obstruct the view. It looks like a very nice area to view illuminations.

I will put up the information as soon as I get them today.

OK, I've got an answer from Trina about the party. We are all set for the 28th. We will be at the UK the lower terrace. I posted about the wrong terrace earlier and there really is no obstructions in the way in the lower terrace. The cost might be around $32.00. The cost can go down if we get more people but that is only dividing up the cost of the event guide.

From what I have so far with 24 paying people:

22.50 1 hr Old World
1.35 6% tax
4.50 20% gratuity
3.75 for event guide actually $90.00 total.
32.10 total cost.

I will get you all the details once I recieve the contract in my E-mail. From what Trina told me is that we will meet the guide at the rose and crown and they will bring us down to the lower terrace.

I am really looking foward to meeting all of you on the 28th. We will also get to meet our manager Trina from Disney.

Hi Everyone.

Well, we are finally reserved and ready to move forward. I am going to contact you each via email or PM (email will be my first choice) with your total and the email address you need to use when paying through paypal.

Robert has received a copy of the contract which he is forwarding to me. I am going to turn it back in and send in the money. The total is $808.88 which turns out to actually be $33.70 per person (I am not sure where the difference comes in between this and the $32.10 quoted above but I will report back once I see the contract myself).

I am so looking forward to meeting you all in only a few days!

Just sent mine to you Rhonda. I also sent you my email. Please let me know where to meet and what time. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I received the contract and honestly between all of the fancy wording I can't exactly tell where the extra cost of $1.50 per person comes in. It lists the $22.50 per person and the tax of 6% and the gratuity of 20% but goes no further into really explaining the total of $808.88. If anyone would like a copy of the agreement, please let me know and I can email it.

I have to get the contract and payment in to Disney by Thursday which means I have to express ship it tomorrow. So, please try to get your payments to me as soon as you can. As you can imagine it is quite a payout for me to pay over $800 so I would like to have as much "in hand" as possible so as not to have to put too much of it on my credit card.

Thanks again everyone for making this go so smoothly - I can hardly wait to experience this with all of you great DISers!!

PS We have until Friday at noon to add additional people so if anyone else can join us please let us know - we'd love to have you :)

I think I got it, part of Orlando had a sales tax increase of half a percent so I think the tax is really 6.5% - does that make up the difference?

Pattybe,

I see you are online but I don't know if you know how to check your Private Messages. There is a message waiting there for you - if you don't know how to check them let me know and I'll send you in the right direction!

Puffy2,

That extra percentage may very well account for part of the difference but there must a little bit else somewhere. Thanks for the tip on figuring it out though - I am a bit curious and will try to figure out the rest tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter