Would you opt for Four Seasons to save $600-800+?

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
I just did some pricing and it looks like the Four Seasons is about $200 less a night than most of the deluxe resorts the dates we would be going in May. We would be traveling with two preschool aged kids! For a 4 night trip, we would save about $800. The deluxe hotels I am looking at are AKL (Savannah view), WL (standard room, nature view or Copper Creek), Poly (standard room), and BLT or Contemporary. All of them are around 550-700 per night.. the room rate for Four Seasons is $418.

We plan to do one resort a day and then hang out at the hotel the rest of the day in the pool and then watch fireworks, either at hotel or back at the theme park at least one evening.

Discounts for May will come out at some point (probably Dec/Jan?)and the price difference should be less. If the Four Seasons has a flexible cancellation policy, I would go ahead and book that and then cancel if you get a good rate at one of the Disney resorts.

We made the decision to book the Waldorf Astoria to save money and regretted it.

Although the hotel was wonderful, park transportation was lacking (we used Uber/Lyft) and it completely changed the way we visited the parks due to lack of proximity.

That is a lot of money but, as mentioned, you will see promotions available making the nightly rates at Disney closer to that of the Four Seasons. It depends on what you want out of your holiday. With two young children, being in the Disney transportation network might be important.

Will you have a car? If so four seasons hands down. That is a good rate for the four seasons and very high for the Disney resorts. I have a hard time calling any disney hotel 5 stars. Solid 4.5's but not 5. The Four seasons is a 5 star hotel . Capa is easily the best restaurant on property and the firework views from the building are really only rivaled by the monorail resorts or WL. They have luxury coaches to the parks but not sure about the frequency they run. The Four Seasons is nicer than the waldorf Astoria ,where I have seen room in the 200-250 range fairly frequently , on hotwire/priceline they can be found for less. The four seasons is rarely under 500-600.

Discounts for May will come out at some point (probably Dec/Jan?)and the price difference should be less. If the Four Seasons has a flexible cancellation policy, I would go ahead and book that and then cancel if you get a good rate at one of the Disney resorts.

I agree with this. We go often and I have never, ultimately, seen Four Seasons price out less than, in particular, AKL. OP, if Four Seasons does end up being less, then, yes, I would probably book it and use the savings on Minnie Vans to get to the parks. Keep in mind, you will have to pay for your own transportation to and from the airport if you choose Four Seasons. I would also price out BRV, AKV and Poly studios if you are interested in WL and AKL.

Discounts will be released for the Disney resorts. I’d bet they’ll be cheaper than Four Seasons.

if not, with very young kids, I’d go with Four Seasons. If your kids are older (say, 6 and older) I’d stay on property.

DW and I did an adults only weekend at the Four Seasons a few years ago. Nice place, but just wasn’t our style (highly subjective of course). We left realizing how much we prefer the transportation convenience and theming of the WDW resorts. My kids have not been but they are happy anywhere there is a pool. The 4S pool complex is quite large, be prepared to chase them around all over, depending on their swimming ability.

Also not sure how current prices compare so this may not be accurate now, but I found everything at Four Seasons to be quite a bit more than a WDW property. Simple things like a bottle of water or cup of coffee from the cafe...just so expensive at every turn. I could have better managed around that with ordering water elsewhere, or a grocery store visit, but it’s vacation.

Definitely watch for when WDW discounts are released later on so you can compare apples to apples.

Good luck deciding.

I know this sounds weird because it's a moderate hotel, but why not look at Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs?

It's new, gorgeous, gets fantastic reviews, transportation would be better than Four Seasons (unless using own car) - and everyone RAVES about the club level.

We normally stay Deluxe, but are trying it out next May because the price can't be beat.

And I'm betting the prices start to mirror deluxe hotels sooner rather than later...

Just a thought.

If you are worried about location maybe take a look at Swan & Dolphin. Great deluxe-worthy location with 2 parks w/in walking distance, but the price is a lot less than the nearby Y&B and BW. I have not stayed there yet - going to the Dolphin in May - but the pool area looks very nice and the restaurants keep getting rave reviews. I was able to book it for $200 a night, taxes and fees included. Not as magical as staying at the Poly but with the savings we can book more special events and meals.

I just did some pricing and it looks like the Four Seasons is about $200 less a night than most of the deluxe resorts the dates we would be going in May. We would be traveling with two preschool aged kids! For a 4 night trip, we would save about $800. The deluxe hotels I am looking at are AKL (Savannah view), WL (standard room, nature view or Copper Creek), Poly (standard room), and BLT or Contemporary. All of them are around 550-700 per night.. the room rate for Four Seasons is $418.

We plan to do one resort a day and then hang out at the hotel the rest of the day in the pool and then watch fireworks, either at hotel or back at the theme park at least one evening.
It ain't gonna stay that way. Disney will release discounts, price will drop.

I would book it, as people said the WDW deluxe aren’t truly deluxe. They’re very nice though. However WDW room rates have gone crazy. And discounts have been puny. I think the Four Seasons have busses running continuously every 30 min. I’ve had to wait for WDW busses that long at times. If you find a WDW Resort after they release ”discounts” for your time you can always rebook.

We are in a similar situation. Kids will be almost 6 and almost 2 in May, i am deciding between Disney or Four Season, we just did Adults only at the Waldorf. Here is how i am making my choice.

My Kids are to young too take Uber/Lyft without a car seat so you are limited and end up waiting a while for Minnie vans or Uber/Lyfts that can take you. I can rent a car (have AP's so free parking at the parks) but an added hassle. I don't like the transportation options from the Four Seasons so it is not an option for me.

We are leaning towards Disney because staying at Four Season and not being able to take a regular Uber is making the decision easy for me. When my kids are a bit older (or if i liked driving to the parks) i would stay at the Four Season.

We are doing a legit offsite stay at a condo in Feb and if i don't mind driving to the parks then i will switch to the Four Season.

Not sure if this is that help for you, but bottom line the transportation options is making the final decisions for me.

I would stay at the Four Seasons.
On your other thread (of same subject matter), you stated that Four Seasons was your DH choice of preferred place to stay.
Your 2 and 4 year old will be happy anywhere Parents are happy.

Have you looked at renting DVC points for the Disney resorts you are interested in? You should be able to save money as well as stay at a Disney deluxe resort. You wouldn't be able to cancel (unless you opted for the additional rental insurance offered by one of the rental companies) but it would be a win-win.

$418 is a good deal for the FS. I've never seen it below $500-600. The pool complex is amazing and the service is light years ahead of anything Disney understands. HOWEVER, losing that Disney transportation and proximity does hurt. Like several have said. If you have a car and usually drive to the parks, I'd vote FS. But if you like to use Disney transportation(or walk to the park) stick with a Deluxe.

I will spend $100-$150 more per night to stay at the Four Seasons and have done so several times since it opened. Its pools, rooms, bathrooms, are way better than any Disney Deluxe we've stayed in. They provide regular transportation to all parks and when there isn't a bus waiting, we use Uber for under $10/ride anywhere on property.

For those that stay at the Four Seasons with kids, are you getting double/double rooms?

For those that stay at the Four Seasons with kids, are you getting double/double rooms?
I'm staying at the Four Seasons with my son in late May/early June, and we'll have a double/double room. I don't know why a luxury hotel only offers a king or two doubles. They really should offer two queens instead.

We're really looking forward to the Four Seasons pool complex, and in general we simply enjoy staying in a luxury hotel. But we love the Disney deluxes, too. We're doing a triple split stay between Four Seasons (booked at a low rate via Hotwire), Polynesian villa (a DVC rental), and Boardwalk Inn (still waiting to book that via Bounceback or summer discount.)

I don't think either Four Seasons or the Disney deluxes are superior/inferior. The Four Seasons offers luxury, better service, and a bigger pool complex. The deluxes offer Disney theming, more efficient transportation and DME. But they're all nice hotels on Disney property, all offer 60 day FP+ & EMH, etc. It's just about what you happen to want and what prices you can get them for.

Last edited:
The buses from the FS are ever 30 min to/from MK and every hour to/from Epcot/AK/HS. I like Disney transportation MUCH better, but if the price is right, I would go FS ALL THE WAY. The pools are amazing, service is amazing, and rooms are amazing.....FAR better than any Deluxe on property for EVERYTHING except transportation (though I can remember waiting for a Disney bus a few times around 30 min over the years, you would just need to plan out your movements more at the FS).

We are planning a trip to a Value in May next year, and the rack rates are EXORBITANT, so we found a rate code for $50 off Pop, but my friend and I both also got a "deal for past guests" in the mail, and it was only $47 off......STILL $20 more than we ever thought we should be paying for Pop....UGH.....I am also trying to finagle a stay there too....

and the FS has the character breakfast 2x a week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter