Would you park hop just for FOP?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
DH and I will be there late October. We are doing AK on our arrival day and I'm trying to develop a backup plan to ride FOP, since reports seem to be it's difficult to get a FP for early on your trip.

Assuming we will not be able to get a FP for our AK day (and we aren't doing a second AK day), our other option is to cut our second day at MK short in order to hop over to AK just to ride it. I'd aim to make a FP for late afternoon and we'd hop from MK to AK, ride FOP, then likely leave for Disney Springs which is our original plan for that evening.

This is obviously a time consuming hassle, so my question is whether FOP is worth it? If you haven't ridden it yet, would you do this just to ride it? Or should we just take our time and enjoy MK?

We went for 4 days earlier this year and never got an FOP FP, but did have park hoppers. We would have gladly park hopped if a FP opened up. You only live once and you've got park hopper, have some unplanned fun!

We have had 4 previous trips and as much as I love going I do not believe that is a single ride worth the cost of park hoppers.

We actually havent had trouble getting a FP for FOP for our last 2 trips. Maybe its just been luck or that we have been on it at the 60 day mark (at 7am!) each time. I wouldnt just assume you wont get it though.

I personally think FOP is one of the greatest rides at any theme park. It is def. something that should be experienced at least once.

I would. And I have done this several times. FOP is amazing and I have ridden it >10 times and each time is just as awesome. Pandora is easily accessible (not at the back of the park) and it's easy to get in, do FOP (w/ a FP) and hop back to another park (or to the resort).

I liked it, but I would not park hop just to do it. It is not that great. If you can't get a FP when your times open up, I would still book the FP there and then keep trying to update, especially a few days before/day of.

If you already have hoppers, why not wait and see how you feel on your MK day? But I would not buy hoppers just for this ride.

Yes, I would. But I would do AK in the morning if I could get a morning FOP fastpass so I could do Navi at rope drop. Then, after resting I would do a park that is less intense than MK in the afternoon like Epcot. But we are an older couple not touring with small children.

I’m planning on hauling my rear to a 7:00 EMH (6:00 AM arrival) just to ride FoP before heading to my official park of the day. I also have a FP for another day.

I love park hoppers, gives you so much more flexibility on your trip. Last trip we didn't really want to do a day in AK, we went to TL instead. But later in trip all decided we wanted to ride EE (this was 4 years ago before Pandora) so we park hopped from Epcot to AK at 4pm, EE was almost a walk on so adults went once, kids three times then we took a cab back to our hotel to get ready for our Cali Grill dinner and fireworks.

Hoppers are also great if you are staying on site and enjoy eve emh... that way you can do one park during day and hop into another for emh at night.

So heck yeah I'd hop for FoP!

Thanks for all the replies and perspectives! I should have added that we are purchasing park hoppers anyway and will be using them earlier in the week. So we would not be purchasing hopper passes JUST for this ride. My question is mostly whether FOP alone is worth losing a few hours at MK and hassling with the bus ride over there just for it. Sounds like it is!

Especially if I haven't been on it before, I'd do it. Plus it would give me an excuse for another meal at Satuli Canteen.

Also, you could walk to Contemporary and call Lyft or Uber which would save time.

If it were me, I'd use my fast passes to at least do Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safari. I'd also get a Night Blossom at Ponju Ponju while I was in Pandora.

Maybe spend a few hours there at least, but that's just me. Hopefully by the time Toy Story Land opens up in June more Fast Passes to Flight of Passage will open up when you go in October.

We park hop anyway so if we wanted to ride it and that was the only way, yes. We go often so don't really worry about missing rides because we know we will be back soon. As far as getting FP, I booked ours for FOP for May 7 about 2 weeks ago. It is our arrival day and I was just playing around on MDE seeing if it was available for that afternoon, and there it was. Normally, we don't book FPs in advance but I knew we would probably go to AK or MK on arrival day and thought, what the heck, let's look and see.

How late are you staying at AK on your arrival day? There have been plenty of reports of less than 30 minute waits for FoP near closing time most evenings recently. In fact, last Wednesday the wait time was 16 minutes about a half hour before the park closed. Could this be a reasonable option for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter