Would You Rather... Brunch vs Dinner at Remy vs Palo

Jennx36

Mouseketeer
I'm booked for a cruise on the Fantasy, and I would like to experience both Palo and Remy. Based on recent experience, which restaurant offers the better brunch experience and which offers the best dinner experience?

I actually prefer brunch at both. Still miss the old buffet at Palo, but our experiences the past few times we have had dinner there did not exceed the current brunch. I prefer Remy brunch because of the sheer magnitude of food. I am so beyond full at the end of dinner that it is uncomfortable. I thoroughly enjoy every bite, but brunch is more manageable for me.

If it were me, I would do Palo Brunch and Remy dinner. I haven't done Remy brunch but that's mostly because I like to have some of the 'br-' type foods for brunch which don't really seem to factor into the Remy menu (vs Palo has benedicts, waffles, etc). I don't know if I'm missing something but to me, Remy "brunch" just looks like...lunch. That is a personal preference thing.

Remy dinner is fancier than Palo dinner -- both are very nice but Remy is a lot more small courses that look like they were plated by someone with tweezers to meticulously arrange every leaf. Palo dinner is hurt (for me) by the new structure of the menu where you are looking at the cost of each dish; it just takes away from the elegance for me (vs brunch is still all-you-care-to-eat).

I'm the opposite: I prefer dinner at Palo and Remy. I love food and wine pairings, so dinner is better at both venues. Brunch is nice, of course, but my foodie self prefers the dinner options. I can eat great pastries and pizza while on land.

I have a one-and-done experience with Remy. Fantasy Maiden Voyage. Dinner. Excellent service, prepared food. It is an event and very good for those who have shied away from fine dining for fear of being out of place. The waiters were very helpful.

I just am a more plain eater. At Palo, I enjoy filet mignon or Dover Sole and a scuffle. I have had salad, soup, or butternut squash ravioli. And I chose that over the chef creations in Remy. Like caviar on a brunch item.

You will have a glass of champagne at Remy brunch. In the past, we were served a bellini at Palo brunch.

Unless there is something that stands out as a must try on any of the brunch or dinner menus, and you wanted one dinner and one brunch, I would pick Palo brunch and Remy dinner.

Reading a recent Remy dinner menu, I see that you can choose your courses a la carte, allowing you to exclude items you knowingly would not appreciate. Brunch still looks like set courses (they can tweak it for allergies, intolerances, preferences, I believe).

If you haven’t seen the menus, this will take you to Remy’s dinner menu. You can navigate to the other menus once on this page.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/menu-viewer/?Menu=12&Version=720

To me, Palo is a nice restaurant, a respite from the MDRs, but nothing so unique in life. Remy is the experience - and nighttime just adds to it.

Now, getting a Palo brunch is another question. If you opt that way and cannot secure one, check once onboard.

If you have kids, consider how they will do being in nursery or kids clubs if you choose the longer nighttime Remy dinner. It would be a shame to have to leave your meal early. Palo can be a quicker meal if you wish.

I actually prefer brunch at both. Still miss the old buffet at Palo, but our experiences the past few times we have had dinner there did not exceed the current brunch. I prefer Remy brunch because of the sheer magnitude of food. I am so beyond full at the end of dinner that it is uncomfortable. I thoroughly enjoy every bite, but brunch is more manageable for me.
I miss the Palo brunch buffet as well. I was able to try it once on the Dream, and it was fantastic! One of the best and most elegant buffets I've ever experienced!

I was intrigued by your question, so I looked back at my notes from our Fantasy cruise in Feb - my exact notes "This brunch was SO amazing!! I would sacrifice Palo Brunch and Dinner to do Remy Brunch again." haha. So there's my opinion.

And for dinner, we LOVE Remy. We always book it twice. If given the opportunity, I'd book it a third time! haha. Palo Dinner is 6 or half dozen for us. Although we do opt to eat there every cruise (both brunch & dinner). We have our go-to's and don't stray from those (made that mistake once and only once). Honestly, the experience of Palo gets you in, but the soufflé keeps you coming back. lol. Probably an unpopular opinion and I'm sure I'll get blasted for it, but for us that is just how it is. We did have exceptional service in Palo recently on the Fantasy - his name is Diogo. Top notch! He talked us into that darn soufflé every time! haha!

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I would prefer brunch AND dinner at Rémy's than anything at Palo's. Though I usually book both as on a cruise, I enjoy going to Palo for a change.

My wife and I enjoyed both for brunch and dinner on our first cruise but only did Palo brunch after that because it was better value and because we wanted to eat with our kids on subsequent cruises. Will cruise kid free next time so will probably do both again if we're on a ship with both restaurants.

only did Palo brunch after that because it was better value
That might be correct, but for completeness, the overall value of Rémy's is way higher than Palo's (though more expensive, as you mentionned).

The wine selection is pretty much similar (for the everyday-wine selection by the glass).

If you can get a table, you could go to Palo for just the soufflé. Now that items are available a la carte. Probably check for availability onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter