Would you recommend an ECV to use at the Holy Land theme park?

iuki

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to the Holy Land theme park in Orlando? Would you recommend using an ECV?

Hope it's okay to ask this on the Disboards. If not, I won't feel offended if it's not posted here.

Thanks.

iuki

I know nothing about that venue, but they have NO information about guests with disabilities on their website. All they say is that they have a few manual wheelchairs that can be borrowed. They also say explicitly that they do not deal with scooters in any way - I am sure you can bring your own, but they will not rent them or move them or anything.

I have no idea what accessibility is like there - I do know that religious centers (such as houses of worship) do not have the same rules as other places. Churches, for example, are NOT bound by the ADA. So you may want to talk to others to make sure that you will be able to experience enough of the location to make it worth the trip.

and your own scooter has to be allowed, but I'll say the park is not what I would call scooter friendly like Disney. It's a smaller place; although, they try to make it sound large.

If you could do a wheelchair that day it might be better. I think you could manage with a scooter, but it's just not designed with that in mind. My hubby an avid rider of scooters was able to get along without one there. I don't considered this place to be an all day affair; so, this should help you.

You might want to call in direct to them and see what they can tell you. I can't remember if the scooter could go everywhere or not.

Thanks for the info. When I searched for the Holy Land theme park on youtube, I saw people standing to watch the reenactment of the crucifixion and I can't stand very long. Due to rotocuff calcification, I'm unable to use a wheelchair, and my husband only has one arm - he'd just be pushing me in circles. :lmao:

I own my personal scooter, so I won't need to rent one. I'll call and ask if I can use my ECV at their theme park.

Thanks again.

iuki

I see you live locally in Clermont. Is there anyone you know- a neighbor or acquaintance who has been there and could give you a personal opinion? They have to allow scooters but whether you'll enjoy visiting in yours is another matter.---Kathy

Thanks for the info. When I searched for the Holy Land theme park on youtube, I saw people standing to watch the reenactment of the crucifixion and I can't stand very long. Due to rotocuff calcification, I'm unable to use a wheelchair, and my husband only has one arm - he'd just be pushing me in circles. :lmao:

I own my personal scooter, so I won't need to rent one. I'll call and ask if I can use my ECV at their theme park.

Thanks again.

iuki

The reenactment is the highlight show of the park. I can tell you there are chairs, folding chairs for this show when we went there. I would say there are at least 100 chairs on each side and the middle is an aisle. At least this is how it was for us about three years back and we went once about 15 years ago, too. Maybe, the u tube video blocked the view of the chairs from others who do stand around them. These chairs fill up early and you need to be there early for one. Maybe, they did away with the chairs, now. I'm not sure they would allow a scooter in the front of this show; this is where it's better to call to find out those exact details. With people standing it's fruitless to be in the back with a scooter. Also, I think I remember there are some areas with sand to replicate a desert which is where there's some issue with a scooter. There are shows in this area; so, you would have to stay at an edge and you may not see much again. Another area which is like a room is very difficult from what I can remember to get a scooter in and out of; it's tight quarters and there are other people in there.

I wish you the best, but I'm sure who you will call at Holy Land will be very delicate about this circumstance. I have an idea they will say everything is accessible, but in reality if you can't see the show what good is it. I'll pray for you that this experience works out for you.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope there has been some improvements, but again I say this park is not scooter friendly. The original design of the park did not take scooters into consideration from what I can tell.

The reenactment is the highlight show of the park. I can tell you there are chairs, folding chairs for this show when we went there. I would say there are at least 100 chairs on each side and the middle is an aisle. At least this is how it was for us about three years back and we went once about 15 years ago, too. Maybe, the u tube video blocked the view of the chairs from others who do stand around them. These chairs fill up early and you need to be there early for one. Maybe, they did away with the chairs, now. I'm not sure they would allow a scooter in the front of this show; this is where it's better to call to find out those exact details. With people standing it's fruitless to be in the back with a scooter. Also, I think I remember there are some areas with sand to replicate a desert which is where there's some issue with a scooter. There are shows in this area; so, you would have to stay at an edge and you may not see much again. Another area which is like a room is very difficult from what I can remember to get a scooter in and out of; it's tight quarters and there are other people in there.

I wish you the best, but I'm sure who you will call at Holy Land will be very delicate about this circumstance. I have an idea they will say everything is accessible, but in reality if you can't see the show what good is it. I'll pray for you that this experience works out for you.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope there has been some improvements, but again I say this park is not scooter friendly. The original design of the park did not take scooters into consideration from what I can tell.

I think I'll just carry one of those light-weight nylon, folding camp chairs. Then, I could sit if it becomes too much for me.

Thanks for the details regarding the theme park not being scooter-friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter