• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you say Expedition Everest is smooth like 7DMT or rough like BTMRR?

The backwards part is a banked turn and a half:
(From http://www.disneyparkblueprints.com/2011/03/expedition-everest-animal-kingdom-flusa.html?m=1)
trk_ak_everest.jpg

I think intense is a good term. It's fairly smooth, the backwards part might mess with your head. I take a motion sickness med on an AK day where I might be riding it. It's worth it though, it's an E ticket attraction for sure.:earsboy:

EE is smooth. No bumpiness. The backwards part didn't bother me. What I didn't like was the height where I was sitting just before the backwards part.

BTMRR has a lot of motion. My fanny gets a lot of airtime on that ride.

7DMT is smooth but has more banking action than EE. No bumping, height or drop issues, so it's the easiest one by far to tolerate. :)

EE is very smooth! That does not mean it is without thrill. As others have stated, the backward part goes up, it's in a helix so pulls up and at a side grade. Very exciting, my record is 13 times in a row!

BTMRR is rough?

I agree,I don't feel any of them are rough but Everest definitely is the most intense of the three,by a good amount.I say this mostly due to the backwards part which is pretty disorienting,it also has a decent drop,nothing major but bigger than anything on 7DMT or Big Thunder.

I love roller coasters but I find BTMRR to be quite jerky and it makes my head jangle around. I think Everest is very smooth in comparison, IMHO - although can seem like a more intense ride (especially at night) due to the other elements.

I love roller coasters but I find BTMRR to be quite jerky and it makes my head jangle around. I think Everest is very smooth in comparison, IMHO - although can seem like a more intense ride (especially at night) due to the other elements.

Yes, the most recent time I rode BTMRR I felt it in my head, too! It was my first time riding it at night so I thought maybe that was throwing me off a bit, but it just felt more rough than I remembered. Or maybe it's just me getting older, lol.

I wanted to add one more thing about EE that have not seen mentioned - there are strobe lights inside the mountain. For those prone to motion sickness, it's one extra element that makes the ride feel less smooth.

I wanted to add one more thing about EE that have not seen mentioned - there are strobe lights inside the mountain. For those prone to motion sickness, it's one extra element that makes the ride feel less smooth.

Thanks!

I have severe post concussion syndrome & had a ruptured disc 3 months ago that was so severe I couldn't feel my legs but I did mine train three times within 30 min this week without a problem... Everest I tried, kind of hated while on it (tipping feelings, vibrations, disorienting), had to sit quietly when got off and was not at all comfortable riding again (so I sent my 8 year old on as a single rider over and over)... I have no interest in ever riding again, but if for some reason I wanted to (with a child I didn't trust to send alone or if I felt I needed to with a friend or family member, I could do it and be ok, just not at all fun... if that helps...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter