Would you say you're introverted or extraverted?

Oh dear. I don't know if you're ready for this can of worms you just opened...

I say I'm an extroverted introvert, but really I think I'm just in the middle, like @Pea-n-Me said. I don't like crowds, but a lot of that is because of my size. When I'm in a crowd, especially when getting out of a crowded area, I immediately feel lost because I can't see well around me and I walk slowly, so I feel like I'm about to get trampled. That's a slight exageration, but let's just say I HATED passing period at high school, and it took me until a few years ago to really figure out why and realize it was so much more than being nervous about getting to class on time. It was more like a race to class to get out of the hallway. I also like my alone time, but couldn't be in a large house alone. Tried that once when I was cat/house sitting and I hated it. I also don't like too many social events at once. And at social events, I tend to keep to myself, but if others seek me out, I'll chat up a storm. I don't like initiating social interactions, but really don't mind being part of them. But I can talk to anyone, and I don't mind small talk. (my job revolves around talking to strangers, actually, and not in a call center way, either) Oddly enough, in a lot of situations I'm MORE comfortable around strangers because.... I guess they won't see me again? Like... I"m more comfortable singing/performing in front of a crowd of strangers than I am singing/performing in front of a few people I know well. An audition is worse than the performance! Ha! I don't even know how to describe myself on the introvert/extrovert scale, but most "quizzes" I take I fall on the introvert end, mostly because I don't like large events?? I'm... just a weird combination.
Nope, you sound pretty normal to me, a mix of both. Most people are more comfortable in front of strangers when performing or when doing public speaking.
No one is comfortable from the start.
Great that you are comfortable speaking to strangers; it helps a person grow. Pretty much everyone is like that.
It seems like you know yourself, keep up the good work. Everyone is a work in progress and every situation is different. :flower1:

Last edited:
I think I am an introvert but can easily talk to people I don't know.
Usually if I talk to someone new and I am not really liking that person, does that make me an introvert or an extrovert.
I usually walk away if I find I am not interested in further conversation with that person.
IDK!

extreme introvert that has two extroverted jobs.... help me

Whew I know the feeling. When I was growing up, one of my least favorite things to do was to talk on the phone. Then I worked on a helpdesk for 20 years...somehow I'm still sane

Introverted as well. I think active people online tend to skew introverted as a whole. At least they do from every poll I have seen asking in communities online. Part of why I love Disney is I can get lost in the crowd and not have to interact, or if I am feeling like interacting we have built in happy things to discuss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter