Would you sell BCV for AKV?

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Dh mentioned that we could buy 100 points at AKV if we sold our 70 BCV points. Would you consider it? We would keep our 232 OKW points. Just looking for any opinions out there. Thanks.

I don't have any advice other than don't forget to consider the closing costs on a sale.

It all depends on what is important to you on your DVC stays.

We own at BCV ( 100), VWL ( 150) and BWV (300). We are thinking about selling our BWV contract to buy AKV.

Our reasons:

- BCV...we got the points at a great resale price and its hard to get ressies there at times. Love the pool. Not selling.

- VWL...this is the resort our family loves the most right now. Kids said no selling VWL.

- BWV....got the points at great resale price too. Prefer BCV over BWV so don't really need BWV. Gain we would make on selling will help off set buying new AKV points. Plus AKV has longer use years.

So....selling our BWV for AKV makes sense to us. Doesn't give us the "sad" feeling we would get if we had to sell BCV or VWL.

Aloha,
Jen

If you have the 70 point BCV contract for the 11 month window there, and you still want to stay there during difficult to secure seasons at BCV, then I'd keep them that way. If you think you are likely to rather stay at AKV, then I would definitely sell and buy at AKV.

We did a similar evaluation thinking that maybe we should sell one of our OKW contracts and buy the same size one at AKV. The problem is that it would cost significantly more at AKV than we would get from the OKW resale (should it even sell), so we decided to add on a smaller amount at AKV instead. We can still use our OKW points at AKV at the 7 month window, and by purchasing a smaller add-on, we wont be making a huge addition to our maintenance fees. The only thing that made me pause about this decision is that the AKV ending date being 50 years from now means we could sell after 20 years, and still see a significant amount back on it. In 20 years, our OKW contracts will definitely be worth significantly less with only 15 years left on the contract. I'm still thinking we may consider doing this at some point in the future.

Due to it's location, BC will always be more in demand then AK.

You will be able to stay at AK with ease in 3-4 years.

Don't sell BC, you will regret it if you desire to travel at peak times.

That's a hard one! I spent about a year trying to decide if we should get on a waitlist for 75 BCV points, which would have allowed us to book an extended family vacation every 3 years. We never did go on. We bought 100 AKV because I think we'll like that resort even more than we like BCV and we can have an extended family vacation there every 3 years, with enough points for DH and I to go alone sometimes.

We have BWV for our Epcot location which we love for the Flower show and also for many December visits. If our other home were OKW, I don't think I would sell BCV for AKV.

Bobbi:goodvibes

My wife and I just started considering an add-on at AKV in exchange for our add-on contract at VWL. The little ones are getting older, now, so I think it may be a good time to give up the MK-proximate resort...

Of course, we'll never give up BWV.

Dh mentioned that we could buy 100 points at AKV if we sold our 70 BCV points. Would you consider it? We would keep our 232 OKW points. Just looking for any opinions out there. Thanks.

I think I'd agree with those who say to keep BCV. I'm not a fan of the resort, but the location is nice and the size of the resort begs higher demand. AKV is big enough that it should accommodate most DVCers, for all but the hardest to find rooms (i.e. Club/Concierge, Grand Villas, and bargain rooms).

Of course, if you are tired of staying in the Boardwalk area and just don't see yourself happy there anymore, selling isn't bad. Me, I'd probably just do a smaller AKV add-on to get in the door and use my other points at the 7 month window.

I wouldn't but it depends on what's important. What I'd do is a 50 pt or so AKV add on. By the time you figure the extra $$$ you were going to spend for the additional 30 pts and the amount you'd lose per pont on selling your existing contract vs buying the new one, you'll end up with an extra 20 pts (or similar) for about the same out of pocket cost plus have home resort priority at both locations.

Never even looked at it that fashion

Having said that, we do love our BCV stays - reflects in fact we are usually borrowing on our BCV contracts and banking on our VB and roughly even on SSR

Cheers
jaysue

something to consider, location, location, location. for us, our kids are grown and we couldn't imagine not being able to just walk over to Epcot and/or
MGM. think we're a little spoiled.

If BCV is a prefered locarion for you, I would keep the contract.

Timeshare rule #1....Buy where you want to stay!
Timeshare rule #2....Buy resale, but in Disney's case, it could go either way.

If you want AKL, buy a small add-on. Bank and borrow points and stay there everyother or third year.

Thanks for all the viewpoints. I think we all would miss our BCV points (and like Dean said I would really only come out 20 points ahead). I might try to get dh to consider the 50 point add on. Possibly two 50 point add ons to get the discount with the idea of selling one down the road.

Thanks again everybody.:)

Depends on what you are looking for. We love BCV because we get to walk to Epcot, MGM and even walk thru Epcot to hop on the Monorails to get to MK.

I'm not a big fan of buses..crowded, lines, folding up strollers, having to stand with young children while bus is moving :headache: Uggh

Now if they could some how extend the Monorail...that would be something! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter