Would you switch resorts? Two rooms at ASM for one at POR?

fractalpotato

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Taking a trip in late July, and we are booked for two rooms at All Stars Music, one for my girlfriend and I, and one for my two cousins (17 and 18). This trip is a graduation present for the older one. I was looking at some of the room deals online and found out that I can get a room at POR for our dates that sleeps 5 with a pull-down bed (the two kids will not share a bed!) for less than the two rooms at All Stars is going to cost me. I'm seriously tempted by this, we love POR, and the location is far more convenient. I was down there last weekend and saw tons of traffic and construction near All Stars that freaked me out a little. Plus we like the pools at POR and expect them to be far less crowded than All Stars, same for the food options.

My main worry is space, fitting two teenage siblings in that space, I'm not sure how comfortable that pull-down bed is going to be, and one shower for four people! On the flip side, it would be nice to be able to make sure the kids wake up expediently in the morning ;)

What would you all do?
Matt

How important is privacy to you? (since you have a g-friend) Also how long of a shower do they take?
I have 3 kids but my 19 year takes a flipping 45 min shower. My other son can shower in 10. :teeth:

I fully get the "wanting to get their butts out the door" comment :yay:

I'd switch and tell them to deal with it

Lol dang, when I always see people post here about how kids "won't" share a bed. If someone was paying for a room or trip for me when I was growing up, you'd best believe I'd be told to stay home if I couldn't handle sharing a bed for a couple days.

How important is privacy to you? (since you have a g-friend) Also how long of a shower do they take?
I have 3 kids but my 19 year takes a flipping 45 min shower. My other son can shower in 10. :teeth:

But yes... With the girlfriend ;)

How important is privacy that week? Good point

My girlfriend, love her dearly, takes showers like they're turning off the water to Earth when she's done ;) Myself and the one kid are pretty quick, the older one is not so quick either.

Privacy is not a concern, the girlfriend and I live together, we can manage for a week!

I'd switch and tell them to deal with it

Lol dang, when I always see people post here about how kids "won't" share a bed. If someone was paying for a room or trip for me when I was growing up, you'd best believe I'd be told to stay home if I couldn't handle sharing a bed for a couple days.

But yes... With the girlfriend ;)

How important is privacy that week? Good point

Like I said above, we're not worried about our privacy, this trip is a gift to the kids and is for them, which is why I also want to make sure they're quite comfortable. As a teenage boy and girl I can understand why they'd not want to share a bed, I wouldn't want to do it either. I'd much rather they be comfortable than get any of my indulgences, but I'm not opposed to both! If not, well, I make my way down there often enough on my own to take one for the team!

Matt

You can always buy a bodypillow from Walmart or Target. They are 10 bucks. It is a great way to deal with the sibling "sleeping together." (it separates them) They can hug or touch the pillow without accidentally touching one another lol

I want you to make the decision. Beds, bathrooms, timing...you will know what to do. If rooms aren't connected can you steer them to be on time etc?

Last edited:
In that case stick with the two rooms. Even if they don't take long showers normally, sometimes a long shower after a park day is what you need. If your primary concern is comfort, keep the two rooms for space.

You can always buy a bodypillow from Walmart or Target. They are 10 bucks. It is a great way to deal with the sibling "sleeping together." (it separates them) They can hug or touch the pillow without accidentally touching one another lol

I want you to make the decision. Beds, bathrooms, timing...you will know what to do. If rooms aren't connected can you steer them to be on time etc?

I will see about the body pillow, but really, it's a question of two rooms or one room with three beds, I'm just worried about the last bed being too uncomfortable. They're not exactly known for their bright and sunny morning disposition so it would be preferable to be able to spur them on!
I forgot to mention you are an awesome uncle! They are very lucky to have you!:love1:

Thank you, it's cousin actually, but I still appreciate the sentiment!

Matt

heee heee heeeee......... I was just reading the thread about the lady with the niece....so I made you an uncle by mistake:teeth:

You're an awesome COUSIN then!:dogdance:

I would switch to POR. I’m not a fan of the AS value resorts, in general. Putting a couple teens in their own room could also be problemati, even if they are great kids. I have a teen and he would stay up too late or be on an electronic device too late and be difficult to rouse in the mornings. If he is in my room, I can control that, lol! I think it would also be a little more isolating if you are wanting to spend time as a group/family.

One bathroom for all those people would not work for me. We always stay in an ASMu Family suite when our son goes with us because it allows us to have two bathrooms. For me two adults in a room is fine but if you add another adult or teenager it's just not comfortable.

For privacy and bed surfaces alone, I would stick with the two rooms. Also, you would need to pay the extra adult fee at POR. You can request connecting rooms on your reservation.

I would stick with the two rooms. Having the extra bathroom will save SOOOO much time every day. You could request connecting rooms so that way you would eliminate the problem of getting them up in the morning you mentioned was a concern.

I think 2 rooms is a good idea, even though I much prefer POR to the value resorts, I think it is nice to be able to get a little separation at the end of the day to decompress and relax. Also, when it is really hot at WDW, as it will be when you go in July, my husband and I find ourselves showering way more often than at home, with each of us taking at least two showers a day due to all the sweating and sunscreen, and wanting to start our day nice and clean, so having two bathrooms would be nice for that too.

Why not ask the kids since it is a present for one of them? Ask them via text or email so they can discuss it and get back to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter