Would you wear a mask at WDW for incentives?

Nope. If masks are required I'll stay home until they aren't. If the restriction is never lifted I'll vacation somewhere else. I have a hard time wearing the mask to the grocery store. I can't imagine wearing one in the heat/humidity of Florida all day in a theme park.

If Disney re-opens requiring masks, there will eventually come a point when wearing a mask is only recommended. At that point, I can't think of something they could offer me that would make me want to wear a mask if its not required. And even though I know this is just a hypothetical discussion topic, there's really no effective way they could incentivize someone to wear a mask. Whether you receive a cute/free one or take an extra FP for it, who is going to know and/or regulate if you're truly wearing the mask during your time in the park?

No idea why it would be grating or high horse to state the opinion I would find it too uncomfortable to go to WDW, or any type of theme park for that matter, wearing a mask? When summer weather arrives I won't want to do much of anything active while wearing a mask, something that has absolutely nothing to do with entitlement, privilege or rights and solely revolves around physical comfort.

Are discussions now limited to X number of people who share the same or similar opinions on a topic, at which point only others with another view may respond?
I didn’t say ones opinion is grating. Reading the same 2-4 viewpoints and then those insisting that they’re position is correct is what can be grating or monotonous. However, before you get on me about that, yes, it’s my choice read or not to. I would say most people nowadays(not just here, but in general), regarding their views, sit on a horse of self entitlement. Some people cannot or will not deal with (or maybe simply don’t want to) others opinions.
As previously stated, I enjoy and appreciate many viewpoints and opinions. But you can not argue that it can be monotonous. I’m certainly not saying ppl shouldn’t state how the feel. or that it should be limited to X amount of ppl, you said that. I’m just saying, it tends to get repetitive. again, my choice to read. I guess I’ll stick to lurking and keep my comments to myself to avoid being sucked into a non argument and have words that were typed out and clear to be twisted into something else.

I didn’t say ones opinion is grating. Reading the same 2-4 viewpoints and then those insisting that they’re position is correct is what can be grating or monotonous. However, before you get on me about that, yes, it’s my choice read or not to. I would say most people nowadays(not just here, but in general), regarding their views, sit on a horse of self entitlement. Some people cannot or will not deal with (or maybe simply don’t want to) others opinions.
As previously stated, I enjoy and appreciate many viewpoints and opinions. But you can not argue that it can be monotonous. I’m certainly not saying ppl shouldn’t state how the feel. or that it should be limited to X amount of ppl, you said that. I’m just saying, it tends to get repetitive. again, my choice to read. I guess I’ll stick to lurking and keep my comments to myself to avoid being sucked into a non argument and have words that were typed out and clear to be twisted into something else.
OK, I'll jump in here. I don't understand what you would want to happen. Can multiple people posting the same thing become monotonous? Of course. But what's the alternative? Once someone else shares a viewpoint, no one else should share that same viewpoint? In one sentence, you imply people shouldn't share the same viewpoint over again, but in the next sentence, you say people should be able to say what they want. That logic doesn't make sense.

And we ALL think we're perfectly clear when we type our responses. However, there are a lot of nuances when you're talking to someone that doesn't come out in the written word. I see nothing wrong with questioning what someone says. You are correct, if you are not willing to accept questions and not willing to accept that what you typed may not be clear to every reader, you might be better just lurking.

I agree that there are members here that are very repetitive with their posts, especially with COVID information, and they can be, shall I say, passive-aggressive with their positions. (The mods do their best to limit posts to passive-aggressive at worst rather than just plain personally insulting.) It's actually fun sometimes to predict what the members have posted when you see their names pop up on a thread! But, alas, even that can grow old. And like you said, it's not so much that you agree or disagree with their viewpoint, it's just not interesting.

Eventually, the best option for many is to just ignore those members. I see you are a new member. If you weren't aware, you can click on a member's name and choose to ignore their content. It's pretty refreshing.

OK, I'll jump in here. I don't understand what you would want to happen. Can multiple people posting the same thing become monotonous? Of course. But what's the alternative? Once someone else shares a viewpoint, no one else should share that same viewpoint? In one sentence, you imply people shouldn't share the same viewpoint over again, but in the next sentence, you say people should be able to say what they want. That logic doesn't make sense.

And we ALL think we're perfectly clear when we type our responses. However, there are a lot of nuances when you're talking to someone that doesn't come out in the written word. I see nothing wrong with questioning what someone says. You are correct, if you are not willing to accept questions and not willing to accept that what you typed may not be clear to every reader, you might be better just lurking.
I’m not saying I want anything to happen or change.I’m not saying that ppl shouldn’t say what they want however many times they want. Simply stating, that it’s easy to run into the same statements and opinions. AGAIN, my choice to continue to read or not to read. Never said that it’s wrong or should change. I apologize if my one sentence implied that ppl shouldn’t share their view, that certainly wasn’t the intention. I thought that all I said was that it can get repetitive.

I’m not saying I want anything to happen or change.I’m not saying that ppl shouldn’t say what they want however many times they want. Simply stating, that it’s easy to run into the same statements and opinions. AGAIN, my choice to continue to read or not to read. Never said that it’s wrong or should change. I apologize if my one sentence implied that ppl shouldn’t share their view, that certainly wasn’t the intention. I thought that all I said was that it can get repetitive.

Your first post was literally telling people to change what was being posted in this thread.

Why would you get free fastpasses and reduced meals for something you're REQUIRED to wear?

This goes along the lines of having to give incentives for students to do their work and turn it in. Why should we have to give them something to do what they're supposed to be doing? Receiving something in return for something required has become a learned trait in schools and in employment.

If I do this, what are you going to give me line of thinking drives me crazy.

I agree with most. I love Disney but probably won't go back while there's a mask requirement. And I *do* wear one when out in public at home right now, but I am still limiting non-essential outings. Disney is non-essential and I think I'd rather just not go while there's still a "need" to wear a mask in the Florida sunshine.

I think it'd be difficult to force any real change by using incentives. There are people who will comply (either because they see a health benefit, or just because they were asked to) and those who will not comply/will try to skirt the rule. That second group of people might wear the mask briefly if they thought there was a chance that they could get something out of it, but I don't think they'd wear them all day, which probably wouldn't help much in the long term.

No way no how will I go to WDW if a mask is required. I can't stand breathing warm air. I would be too miserable to enjoy anything. I had a Sept 2020 trip planned. I have since moved it to Oct 2021. I'm hoping that by then things will be more *normal*.

I agree that there are members here that are very repetitive with their posts, especially with COVID information, and they can be, shall I say, passive-aggressive with their positions. (The mods do their best to limit posts to passive-aggressive at worst rather than just plain personally insulting.) It's actually fun sometimes to predict what the members have posted when you see their names pop up on a thread! But, alas, even that can grow old. And like you said, it's not so much that you agree or disagree with their viewpoint, it's just not interesting.

Eventually, the best option for many is to just ignore those members. I see you are a new member. If you weren't aware, you can click on a member's name and choose to ignore their content. It's pretty refreshing.
Thanks for not jumping on my back. I think this is a great community of ppl and views. And I truly thought I stated a fact and not an opinion in that it’s easy to read the same things over and over. Didn’t say it was wrong or should change. I will say it was MY opinion that it can be grating-however that’s self inflicted by continuing to read. Feeling discouraged to involve my words if ppl are so quick to rearrange and add to them. Im not saying anyone is wrong for posting their opinion whether it’s the same as the PP or not. Just saying it’s plentiful. Haha.

Your first post was literally telling people to change what was being posted in this thread.
Was meant as a light hearted turn of conversation. Thought it may be fun. I apologize to the OP (and to everyone I guess) if they are upset with my corny statement. Wasn’t trying to take over the conversation or rule out ppls serious sentiments.Wow, this is exhausting. You guys win.

-defeated
Edited to add...defeated in what I thought was a light hearted statement which turned into me shedding a small amount of my opinion which turned into something way more.

This goes along the lines of having to give incentives for students to do their work and turn it in. Why should we have to give them something to do what they're supposed to be doing? Receiving something in return for something required has become a learned trait in schools and in employment.

If I do this, what are you going to give me line of thinking drives me crazy.
I understood the OP to be asking what it would take for me to go to WDW if there were mask requirements, not what it would take to keep my mask on after I went there knowing there were mask requirements.

This seems to be a common misunderstanding in various threads here. Many members have said they would not wear a mask at WDW, meaning they just would not go if that was required. This is apparently construed by some as they would go and refuse to wear the masks when required. I'm sure those people do exist, but I think most people on these boards would comply with whatever Disney told them (as evident from their merchandise purchases).

Was meant as a light hearted turn of conversation. Thought it may be fun. I apologize to the OP (and to everyone I guess) if they are upset with my corny statement. Wasn’t trying to take over the conversation or rule out ppls serious sentiments.Wow, this is exhausting. You guys win.

-defeated

I took your post just as you meant it - light-hearted fun.

Welcome to the DIS.

-defeated
The tediousness has been coming in cycles. Hang in there. Some weeks are better than others. Some conversations are better than others.

I re-phrased this in my mind to read, "Would you go to Disney if they required you to wear a mask because the country is experiencing its nth wave of a pandemic?" So no, I'll wait until a vaccine is in wide use and the country has established a new normal of smaller crowds and increased hygiene awareness. But then I'll be back in full Disney mode with 1-2 trips a year.

I'm not anti-mask. But if I'm in a situation where I have to wear a mask to be safe or make others safe, I'm not ready to vacation yet, at least in that location, regardless of incentives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter