• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow December is busy for DVC! Waitlists, waitlists, waitlists.

Maelstrom_

Welcome Home
I'm really excited for our upcoming Dec trip. We're going for 5 nights, and are staying in 4 different rooms across 3 resorts. I hope it's not too crazy checking in and out almost every day...but there is nothing available the first week of December!! I just hope one of my waitlists comes through!

Welcome to the madness that is December with DVC! Since points are low at this time of year, it's very busy. We learned about this last year, and were lucky to have our waitlist come through. Hope yours does too!

Same with us! We are checking in Dec. 30th & staying 5 nights, 2 different resorts & 4 different reservation numbers. I'm starting to lose hope that my waitlists will ever come through. This should be fun! :laughing:

Do NOT give up hope. We have a reservation for Dec. 1 - 8 that we may have to cancel but we won't know for a month or so. Pixie dust happens!

We're in the same boat - we're there from Dec. 13-16, then added a night yesterday for the 17th - now we have 3 nights at SSR and have to move to OKW the last day - hope our waitlist for OKW comes through so we don't have to move at all and we all have a bed to sleep in instead of a pullout :santa:

We're wanting to stay in a studio at SSR (or OKW) Dec. 4-13 but there is nothing. We're on waitlist as well for either one.

We're taking our 7 month old to Disney for the first time and really hoped we could be in a nice quiet DVC resort, but for now it's All-Star Movies (with the good 'ol pop warner kids)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pass some pixie dust our way! We want a DVC room for this trip so bad. :)

Tell me about it! I had to wait till very recently to book us the week before Christmas (20-23 Oct) and EVERYTHING seems gone! We managed to snag an SSR 1-BR for our 3 nights, but that was literally the last choice.

We're WLed for a Studio Std View at BLT and BWV, but I'm not sure if I should hold out hope or not.

I am in the same boat. Dec. 1 -9 waitlist. Picked up a room at SSR 1 -6. Sleeping under the stars 6 - 9. Can somone toss me a blanket?:rolleyes1

I've been on the wait list since July for the first week of Dec. I have 3 resorts for 4 nights. I feel bad for anyone who has to cancel their trip, I know I always look forward to my Disney trips. I wonder if Maelstrom's cancel will fill my waitlist for BCV or VWL.

This has me a little scared! I'm waiting on my ROFR. And my plan is to go early December starting next year. Are you folks posting here people who tried to book December 2009 recently? In other words, these are "last minute" reservations, not ones you tried to get 7 or 11 months out? Thanks.

I just cancelled our ressie for Nov. 29th - Dec. 5th for a 2 bedroom Concierge level at AKV. I hope this helps somebody.

:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Darn layoffs.

I called about two weeks ago and booked AKL studio for Dec. 24th -17th for my BIL,
I also had a choice between, SSR and can you believe this one VWL. I was also told that it would be easier booking 1 bedrooms because they had plenty of available in almost all the dvc resorts.

This has me a little scared!

if you book at 11 months out, waitlisting is not so much of an issue. but december is a very busy season for DVC. it's not a good idea to wait too long to try to book a december stay.

This has me a little scared! I'm waiting on my ROFR. And my plan is to go early December starting next year. Are you folks posting here people who tried to book December 2009 recently? In other words, these are "last minute" reservations, not ones you tried to get 7 or 11 months out? Thanks.

I called at exactly 9am EST 7 months out & I was only able to get 2 out of the 5 nights I wanted at BLT. I have since managed to add 2 more nights, but Jan. 1st is a SV & the rest are LV. I'm on the waitlist for a 1BR LV on the 1st & also Dec. 31st, but we booked Allstars as a back up & that's probably where we'll be. You might have better luck for early Dec.

We are waiting for Dec. 31st and Jan. 1st.

Me too! :goodvibes

I called about two weeks ago and booked AKL studio for Dec. 24th -17th for my BIL,
I also had a choice between, SSR and can you believe this one VWL. I was also told that it would be easier booking 1 bedrooms because they had plenty of available in almost all the dvc resorts.

That may be true for the middle of Dec., but there have been no 1BRs at the end of Dec/beginning of Jan at any resorts since 7 months out.

I am hoping to make our first "Christmas" trip next December 2010 (probably the first week). I plan to book my home resort (AKV) at 11 months and hope to switch to BLT or VWL at 7 months, fully expecting to waitlist. :upsidedow If the waitlist comes through -- awesome -- if it doesn't, not a problem. We'll just have to "suffer" at AKV. ;) :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter