• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow, just won this from Disney on Twitter! Disney Vinylmation?

That's awesome!! I have no idea about them at all, but am interested in how you won? Disney stuff is about all I have on Twitter! ;)

That's awesome!! I have no idea about them at all, but am interested in how you won? Disney stuff is about all I have on Twitter! ;)

They said they were picking 5 random followers and I was one of them! They have over 450,000 followers!! They said the value was $249....
Anyone know how big they are?

Oh and they are now following me, how cool is that???

They are collectibles. Usually you can't tell which little figure is inside your box until you open them. That particular collection is also sold at Disney Stores.

I believe they are similar to pin trading in that you can trade them at the parks. There is certain "trading etiquette" but I have never traded so I don't know the details. I do know that they are everywhere at WDW, though. From those little figurines to much bigger and even create-your-owns.

To answer your question, a tray has 24 sealed 3 inch figures. In each tray has 2 of each of the pictured figures, a 3rd of one as a filler and there is one rare figure known as a chaser, those tend to sell for $40+ on the secondary market. There is a total of 24 figures per tray and they retail for about $9.95 a box. Keep in mind with this particular set there are certain figures that you could end up with in a sealed tray. You will get one chaser but you will not know which you end up with until you open it.

This particular set has 4 different possible chasers all depicting the pink elephant from Dumbo, the Elephants on Parade segment:
-Clear Pink (most common)
-Solid Dark Pink (uncommon)
-Solid Light Pink (Rare)
-Clear Purple (Rarest)

In addition the Pinocchio figure could have a possible variant:
-Donkey (Common)
-Real Boy with blue ears (Rare)

They are collectable, you can trade the spares at the parks, there are sites out there dedicated to them. There are figures based on the Parks, Muppets, Toy Story, Nightmare Before Christmas, and many other endless themes. This set you actually can tell what is in the box without opening them, there is some sort of code, I'm not entirely sure how people do it but I heard it is possible. Congrats on the nice find.

My niece (she's 21) and her group of friends are crazy about these things. They are all APers for DL and they gave up pin trading for Vinylmation trading.

There are some pretty rare ones, ones in LE form that you can only get at events (was there one for the HM two years ago?) and some that you can only get in certain places. I think I won aunt of the year when I brought back two from the DCL for her and her boyfriend.

Most are short, less than six inches and they are all the same size. Then, there are a few that are about a foot tall.

The funny thing is that the figures themselves are the draw for my niece and her group. They do not like the other merchandise like the Vinylmation t-shirts and messenger bags.

Thanks everyone! Disney sent out a congrats to me on twitter and now I have a whole bunch of new followers! I don't say anything worth repeating but I now have 47 followers where I did only have like 35 and now Disney is one of them:)
They are supposed to be sent out fed ex, will take a picture of what I got and if someone would just give me a heads up of what is what, I would really appreciate it!!

Plus, should I leave them in the box or take out??? AAAAh, I have no idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter