• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW Southwest

Mellie2162

<font color="blue">It means that a friend is watch
Out of curiosity I just looked and found I could get round trip for 4 of us at very desirable times for only 700....man I may have to rethink the driving plan now...:hyper2:

Southwest offers some great prices. Usually the offers do not last
long, or available seats at that price fill up quickly so if you are going to take advantage of sw low fares you have to make the decision quickly.

We were able to secure rt from Ct-nonstop for $127.00 for our October trip and $142.00 for our August trip. Waiting for the Dec fares now.

DeeDeeDis said:
Southwest offers some great prices. Usually the offers do not last
long, or available seats at that price fill up quickly so if you are going to take advantage of sw low fares you have to make the decision quickly.

We were able to secure rt from Ct-nonstop for $127.00 for our October trip and $142.00 for our August trip. Waiting for the Dec fares now.

I have used them before and generally like them but when they offer such low fares I tend to feel the flights will be horribly crowded..to which I would gladly drive....lol...Im kind of thinking now I really do hate flying and everytime I do I always wish I had drove.

I have flown Southwest numerous times for business trips but for WDW we drive and love every minute of the drive.

I hate flying as well but a 2.5 hour flight as oppose to a 22 - 24 hour drive gets me everytime. I just put myself in a happy place....lol. I think of all the things that can go wrong when you drive and compare to what can go wrong on a flight...really small in comparision I think...or at least it works for me.

We flew last Sept and the flight down was half empty and the flight home was full but they told us the flight booked up quick with people changing from other flights due to the hurricane Jean that was set to arrive that afternoon. We got out on a 11:30ish flight and they closed the airport around 5PM. If it wasn't for that they said the flight was about 3/4 fill with people who originally booked that flight.

Hockeychic said:
I hate flying as well but a 2.5 hour flight as oppose to a 22 - 24 hour drive gets me everytime. I just put myself in a happy place....lol. I think of all the things that can go wrong when you drive and compare to what can go wrong on a flight...really small in comparision I think...or at least it works for me.

See I know this in my head...I just can't get my stomach to figure it out. :tilt:

I have to admit though... I am seriously thinking about it since our 11 and 7 year olds are really not that friendly on long drives anymore.

we are leaving here in nashville in 2.5 hrs and got flights to MCO for 39 bucks each way to Orlando for the 4 of us..............that is why they are the only airline to us.

Mellie2162 said:
Im kind of thinking now I really do hate flying and everytime I do I always wish I had drove.

We are the opposite. Every time we drive, we wish we flew. We love SWA.

HBC

Southwest is the only way to Orlando for us. A family of 4 for 700.00 can't be beat. And 2.5 hours travel time gives us more Disney time. Just the thought of 24 hours in the car with anxious kids makes air turbulence literally a breeze.

Try even thinking of driving with 5 kids... :earseek: I think they would commit me by the end of the trip... :rotfl: Flying 3 hours is so much better than driving 24 hours plus all those bathroom stops, you know they never all have to go at once! :teeth:

We live in Washington State, so driving is pretty much not possible. We usually fly Alaska Airlines, they have the only non-stop between Seattle and MCO(6 hours).

I assume you're flying out of BWI. Keep an eye on the air fares. Usually we pay $450 for our group of four. $700 is the most we've ever paid using SW. We love flying with them and the trip is usually less than 2 hours gate to gate. Don't forget to download their DING program to get more promotional fares! Good luck!!

After reading posts about SW, I decided to download DING. I have yet to find flights out of Philly or BWI to Orlando that wouldn't cost us over $200 pp. Do I just live in the wrong section of the country???? :confused3

pklein09 said:
After reading posts about SW, I decided to download DING. I have yet to find flights out of Philly or BWI to Orlando that wouldn't cost us over $200 pp. Do I just live in the wrong section of the country???? :confused3

Sometimes it just seems that way. SWA out of DTW to MCO isn't as cheap as it used to be. In Aug, I am using NWA which is running the same price for a non-stop. Spirit had them beat for me next week. The only time I am flying SWA is from LAS to Orange County and then later in the summer DTW to BNA.

pinnie

When are you going pklein09? Keep an eye on BWI because they have tons of flights to MCO and their price should definitely go down from $200 pp.

Luckymommyx2 said:
I assume you're flying out of BWI. Keep an eye on the air fares. Usually we pay $450 for our group of four. $700 is the most we've ever paid using SW. We love flying with them and the trip is usually less than 2 hours gate to gate. Don't forget to download their DING program to get more promotional fares! Good luck!!

Yep, would be going out of BWI. What is DING?

Hey Luckymommy where are you at in MD? Im on the Eastern Shore.

I'm in the northeastern part of Maryland. I love flying SWA out of BWI and I can't wait to see the new "A" terminal firsthand. I'm just going to paste some DING info from the southwest website but if you have any other questions please let me know.

What is DING!® ?
DING! is a specially designed tool that brings live updates of southwest.com offers directly to your desktop, allowing you to get a jump on the latest southwest.com sales. In addition, the DING! application provides quick and easy access to popular southwest.com Travel Tools like Online Checkin and Flight Status! Using DING! can help you save time and money. Simply download and install this tool onto your computer (See system requirements) and start receiving exclusive offers instantly.

Just wanted to add that we were skeptical about the Ding! thing (I don't like to download much if I can help it), but the first fare that popped up was the one we wanted, and after booking, we haven't seen anything lower anywhere, so I'm very glad we grabbed it.

We have a family of 5, and it was close to $1000, but I was figuring that at $.35 ish a mile, it would cost us about $700 to drive, and we'd have all the meals on the road too. I know we still have to eat wherever we are, but we tend to spend more on stuff we didn't really want - it was just there - on the road. And we're getting 2 more full days out of our vacation, even after taking away the air travel time.

Between that, and not having 3 kids (one a baby) in the car for 2000 miles, I'm really happy with flying. Plus, we really have to pare down what we bring, and I always love that when we get there.

I live in Atlanta and we can get "reasonable" rates to most places, but NEVER to Orlando anymore :( unless I want to fly via Dulles in D.C. :sad2:

we went to WDW in mid-may and got $49 each way out of BWI on SW. couldnt beat that!
we originally booked it at $79 each way and then kept watching. because of the price change we now have a $300 credit on SW for our next flight. I feel a long weekend to WDW is in order this fall... LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter