• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow! Value Studio Waitlist Filled!

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I'm stunned! :eek: DD and I are headed to WDW for my "annual" fall trip. Last year, I went with DD16 and my BFF. This year, BFF is coming and bringing her family and I am taking DD18. My friend and her family are splitting their stay between a BWV studio (2 nights) and a 1BR at Kidani. I booked a standard studio at Jambo for the first 2 nights for DD and I, followed by a Value 1BR for just the 2 of us. I am "point poor" (only own 100 points!) so I was lucky to get what I got. I decided to waitlist the first 2 nights in a value studio, just to see if I could save those 8 points. I was stunned when I logged in the other day and saw that I suddenly had 8 points sitting available in my 2022 UY! I never got an email or notice so I had to check my dashboard and there it was! We even extended the start of our trip and added 2 days at Coronado Springs, just in case the airlines (SW) mess with us and we have to make the 20-hour drive from Michigan. We now have 7 nights booked, but only 5-day park tickets, so if we "lose" 2 days of our vacation, we are still ok. If everything goes smoothly, we are planning on going to MNSSHP and we can use that as a "park day" and take everything at a nice, leisurely pace...the way a vacation SHOULD be:love:.

I think the last few years and the next few will be statistical anomalies. There's been a huge number of cancellations...think UK visitors who cancel 3 weeks worth of trips. Going forward there are still lots of people who might not feel comfortable actually traveling on trips they booked.

Sans another pandemic or global event...I don't see the level of DVC cancellations to continue....which leads to the level of wait-list not filling as often.

Our waitlist also just came through for 2 nights at a value studio tacked on to the back of our Beach Club trip in July. We had use it or lose it points and all we could get was value and it came through. Very surprised.

Don’t know your dates but mid last week I cancelled a value studio for October 1 - 2. Maybe that was my gift to you. 😝

OP congrats. Nice to hear the WL process is still working amongst so many stalkers.:tiptoe:

OP congrats. Nice to hear the WL process is still working amongst so many stalkers.:tiptoe:
I was stalking 3 times a day for BMV studios. less than an hour after my second daily check, I logged back on and BOTH my BWV waitlists had been fulfilled.

talk about shocked! Two studios BWV 9/26-10/1

I was stalking 3 times a day for BMV studios. less than an hour after my second daily check, I logged back on and BOTH my BWV waitlists had been fulfilled.

talk about shocked! Two studios BWV 9/26-10/1
Guessing not standard? Congrats

No G/P view. We own at AKV but you can’t beat an Epcot area resort for F&W
So true. we’ve been lucky at least grabbing PV over the years there. don’t own at BC, it’s been nearly 15 years since I caught a WL there for any of the multiple trips I’ve tried every year Lol. That really is a tough one Re a studio.

Here's my waitlist story from yesterday. I've been stalking to move 3 nights in July from RIV to BCV - also had a waitlist for it. Had some time over lunch so I was refreshing availability probably every minute. Lo and behold, BCV comes available. I go to race through the modification process on a separate browser tab...and it's gone! I'm thinking there's no way somebody else nabbed it before I did. 20 minutes later, here comes the email ("We can't wait to welcome you home"). The waitlist grabbed those nights for me. I know that we have never been able to peel back the onion on the waitlist process, but it might be a more dynamic process than we have been thinking.

I'm stunned! :eek: DD and I are headed to WDW for my "annual" fall trip. Last year, I went with DD16 and my BFF. This year, BFF is coming and bringing her family and I am taking DD18. My friend and her family are splitting their stay between a BWV studio (2 nights) and a 1BR at Kidani. I booked a standard studio at Jambo for the first 2 nights for DD and I, followed by a Value 1BR for just the 2 of us. I am "point poor" (only own 100 points!) so I was lucky to get what I got. I decided to waitlist the first 2 nights in a value studio, just to see if I could save those 8 points. I was stunned when I logged in the other day and saw that I suddenly had 8 points sitting available in my 2022 UY! I never got an email or notice so I had to check my dashboard and there it was! We even extended the start of our trip and added 2 days at Coronado Springs, just in case the airlines (SW) mess with us and we have to make the 20-hour drive from Michigan. We now have 7 nights booked, but only 5-day park tickets, so if we "lose" 2 days of our vacation, we are still ok. If everything goes smoothly, we are planning on going to MNSSHP and we can use that as a "park day" and take everything at a nice, leisurely pace...the way a vacation SHOULD be:love:.
I was able to stalk and got 2 nights at AKL in the value studio for Sept.
Since I know there are only 18 total of them, I am surprised your waitlist came through. Congrats!

Don’t know your dates but mid last week I cancelled a value studio for October 1 - 2. Maybe that was my gift to you. 😝
Funny I just a few days ago put in a waitlist request for Oct 1st AKV value studio. Crossing fingers it comes thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter