WP Music ?

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who was married or renewed their vows at the wedding pavilion used canned (CD) music? Just wondering how it would be if we had them play the CD for "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" for the processional. I love the organist, but would love to have the words sung as my daughter and I walk down the aisle.

So has anyone used CD music at the WP? Opinions?

I was thinking of using a cd too, I would like to know if this is an option as well, great question. I am not crazy about organ music, I would prefer a piano, but I would really prefer the cd.

I am curious as well. I have heard of people using the cd and it sounds fine. I didn't hear that you can change to organ sound to a harp or something else. I would find out about those options.

Don't! Get a vocalist to sing it!

If you have Bill Wells as your organist, you don't want a CD. He is too good! The way he plays the organ, it's not an organ. I hate the organ! And was relaly worried about using it. After meeting with him and listening to it, I was (literally!) in tears. It sounds so beautiful and it fills the wedding pavilion with such triumph.

We had considered using a CD for one or two songs. We decided not to becuase we wanted the continuity of the organ. The organ at Disney does not sound like an organ. It sounds like a full orchestra. Or a jet plane taking off. Or any single instrument of your choice!

I would sincerely look into hiring a vocalist to sing the words for you. After you hear Bill play, you won't want to walk down the aisle to a CD!
xoxo

Well, I'm pretty positive that I am not going to pay for a soloist. My FIL sang at our wedding and I know he would do it again, but he will be walking me down the aisle at the time! I sent our EM an email about using a CD. I'm pretty sure that I want to walk down the aisle to the words being sung.

Thanks.

I wouldn't hire a Disney soloist either! Not for that price!

Is there anyone in your family that can sing well and isn't walking you down the aisle? :) What about finding someone in Orlando outside of Disney? Like a music conservatory? I am sure their are musicians for hire in the area... especially in a city so based around entertainment. I have a girlfriend who works as a "costumed" cast member. I can check with her and see if you'd like.

Disney can't do anything if they go up to the podium and sing there... and they certainly can't charge you. We're brining in our own musicians. Besides covering some of their expenses, we're only paying $200 for the tuning of a piano after it's moved to where we need it to be. Only $200 is going to Disney for the whole kit and kaboodle. We'd looked into bringing the entertainer whose concert we met at into the reception to perform two songs. Disney wouldn't have charged us anything becuase it was going to be him, a guitar, and a microphone. They nail you on setting up for bands and hiring talent through them.

xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter