Wreck-It Ralph 2 3/9/2018

Absolutely one of, if not *the* best Disney animated film (not counting Pixar) in recent years. And yes, it blows away Frozen.

Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

I was excited for it ever since Rich Moore talked about the internet concept, from there I realized it had SO MUCH sequel potential and I'm happy it's getting one. Hopefully it's as great as the first one!

I'll say that I'm torn on this. I really liked the original, and there was definitely room for a sequel. But I have loved Disney's recent original projects- Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia- and am heavily anticipating Moana, and I don't want Disney proper to end up like Pixar- stuck churning out sequels to their films because they're guaranteed sells. With this and Frozen 2 already confirmed, and chances of both a Big Hero 6 sequel and a Zootopia sequel pretty high, I just don't want to see Disney get caught up in the sequel rage.

I was also really looking forward to Gigantic, and am disappointed it's been pushed back to the end of 2018. I hope we get more news on it soon.

On a more positive note though, I'm glad it means we'll get two Disney Feature Animated films in the same year. I would look more kindly on Disney's sequel push if they were to balance it in a similar manner, with a sequel coming out the same year as an original project too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter