Wreck-It-Ralph

DonaldDuck80

Earning My Ears
Received it today from DMC. Actually bought it without seeing it in theaters but I love Disney and video games so I knew there wouldn't be a way I hated it. I loved the cameos by beloved characters from the video game universe. Also all the nods to stuff in video games (King Candy accesses his secret area by inputting the 'Konami Code' into an NES controller? Sweet!) Plus I'd have to say Vanellope was a surprise in how much I ended up loving her character. I wanna adopt her and spoil her rotten! Lol

I saw the movie with my mom last month and it was so full of WIN! ^^

• The characters were really funny and awesome. I did find myself being a fan of Sgt. Calhoun and Vanellope.
  • The cameos were also funny and awesome, as well as in-character.
  • The story itself is very creative and unique.
Overall, it's a top-notch film, even if you're not a gamer. :thumbsup2

I was pleasantly surprised by how much heart it has. I expected the story to kind of rest on the video game references and nostalgia, but those were used sparingly and appropriately.

I also loved Wreck It Ralph! The MGS reference was great and all the hidden game characters were fun to find but my favourite by far was the graffiti dedicated to Leeroy Jenkins!! :rotfl:

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie, and quickly fell in love with it! The marketing made it look like it's just a gamer movie, but it's definitely not. It's creative and original, and the storytelling is really heartfelt. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

I watched on my Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Orlando, and I LOVED it!!

One of my new favorites! Question though... Is vanellope going to be considered a disney princess? Cause I mean technically she is....

Was a little disappointed this lost to Brave at the Academy Awards. Love this movie and thought the story and characters were so unique. Definitely a new favourite, and really hope they take the story further in the future!

Sarah Silverman hinted at a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. No timeline given, but they are definitely kicking around the idea. :goodvibes

One of my new favorites! Question though... Is vanellope going to be considered a disney princess? Cause I mean technically she is....

Except she dissolved the monarchy in favor of a constitutional democracy. ;) (When I met her at DHS, I addressed her as "Madam President" and she liked that.) LOVED "Wreck-it Ralph" and I agree with the other poster - I think it deserved the Oscar over "Brave." It's one of those movies where everything just works. And I love Felix & Calhoun.

This instantly became one of our favorites!...love the King Candy voicing ...(Ed Winn influences really show there!)
Let's go Disney...Bring it on with WIR-2!

I enjoyed all the video game references, but I play a lot of games. I'm surprised that I disliked "The Glitch" at first, then grew to like her as a character.

Def a favorite in our house! :) Loved the game central station! And the Dr Robotnic cameo! Plus all the voices fit the characters. Very cute movie!

I love this movie so much! I think it got overlooked by a lot of people because they thought it would be "just a gaming movie," but it definitely isn't! So cute and cleverly written!

we got it in the mail today from DMC. I had seen a few small pieces at my f-i-l's house one day, but this was the first time I saw it all. I loved it, I think parts would have made me cry, instead of just making me a bit teary if the kids had not been watching with me!!! I loved so much about it, it made me think about when I was a kid and some of the games were popular!! Very well done!!

I think I'm going to buy this today, and probably have movie night tonight with wife and 2 kids (6g & 3b). Heard mostly good things, so looking forward to it!

I love Wreck it Ralph. My favorite character is Vanellope Von Schweetz. She's the first to rival Cinderella seriously as my fave Disney heroine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter