Wrist Bands - DVC exclusive hours/counter

Sometimes the one location by the infinity pool will open both sides and have 1 side that just helps DVC people.

So, if you are renting a DVC during the Mickey Christmas party and you have tickets you get in at 2pm? What other benefits do DVC members get? First timer thinking of renting for a trip this November and wondering what's all included.

So, if you are renting a DVC during the Mickey Christmas party and you have tickets you get in at 2pm? What other benefits do DVC members get? First timer thinking of renting for a trip this November and wondering what's all included.

DVC member benefits are generally for owners not renters. The main exception being free parking

I think you might be confused--this is the Aulani board, and this post is referencing pool wristbands at Aulani--nothing at WDW.

Why don't they do a Magicband type admission model? Seems wasteful of resources and time to do it this way...

Why don't they do a Magicband type admission model? Seems wasteful of resources and time to do it this way...

Magic bands costs a lot more money then the plastic room key. And Aulani is a hotel, not a theme park so the magic band would only be used for opening the room door and for room charges. I know they were considering it at one point because I got a survey about it, but no word on change yet. I doubt that they will have magic bands in the near future. You would still have to show your DVC card just like you do at WDW.

Agree that there really isn't a business case (or a guest relations case) for magic bands at Aulani. You're really just at a resort hotel. You aren't having to pull out your room key at every turn.

Magic bands costs a lot more money then the plastic room key. And Aulani is a hotel, not a theme park so the magic band would only be used for opening the room door and for room charges. I know they were considering it at one point because I got a survey about it, but no word on change yet. I doubt that they will have magic bands in the near future. You would still have to show your DVC card just like you do at WDW.

I mean instead of these daily wrist bands...they could load how long you have access. Just seems wasteful to have a whole hotel of new wristbands every day.

I mean instead of these daily wrist bands...they could load how long you have access. Just seems wasteful to have a whole hotel of new wristbands every day.

The different color wristbands work as a fast, visual confirmation to those working there that the guest is in fact a paying guest that day. They change the color daily. Just having 1 style of magic band is not going to relate that. Anyone could just bring back an old band. Unless you want cast members to go around and keep scanning everyone's band to see if they are a registered guest.

Just so I am understanding this correctly, they have a certain line for DVC members and a certain line for non-DVC members to get wrist bands?

We are looking to rent points, by doing this which line would be for us? I am just curious what "perks" DVC members receive at Aulani that a non-DVC point user does not?

And if we are renting points, we obviously will not have a DVC card so will we still get wrist bands? So confused, trying to understand all of this.

Just so I am understanding this correctly, they have a certain line for DVC members and a certain line for non-DVC members to get wrist bands?

We are looking to rent points, by doing this which line would be for us? I am just curious what "perks" DVC members receive at Aulani that a non-DVC point user does not?

And if we are renting points, we obviously will not have a DVC card so will we still get wrist bands? So confused, trying to understand all of this.

Everyone gets a color of the day wristbands to be in the pool. Each person will have to provide their room key to get one. They have a couple of different shacks that give out the wristbands and towels. Each shack usually has 2 sides. DVC members can go to any of the lines. They will, at times, have 1 window that will be only DVC.

Yes, there is a separate line for DVC members--this is supposed to be a perk, but in all honesty, sometimes the non-DVC line is shorter, and we take that route. As a non-DVC member who is renting points, you would go to the regular (non-DVC) line.

Other perks that are just for DVC members (and not folks who are staying on rented points but are not DVC members) include a discount in the gift shop, a special drink at the lounge, spa discount, discounts on cabanas, lunch discount at AMA AMA.....I can't think if there's anything else.

As non-DVCers renting points, you will still get a wristband each day--it will just look different than the DVC wristbands. If you search the forum, you can see pics of the two different bands, I think, but basically, the DVC band is sparkly, and the regular band is plain.

The point of the wristbands, as described above, is to readily identify resort guests, as opposed to folks who just walk in off the beach. All beaches in HI are public beaches, so anyone can enjoy the beach at Aulani and could easily walk into the pool area. Unlike pools on property at WDW and even at Vero Beach, there are no locked gates that separate the pool area from the beach, so there is no need for a magicband to open it.

The official policy is that the DVC members must present their card to receive the sparkly wristband and all the perks that come with it. The last time I was there, cast members were checking cards.

If you are renting points, you are not entitled to stand in the DVC line or receive any of the DVC perks EXCEPT the complimentary parking.

If you are a DVC member paying cash, I believe you are entitled to all DVC perks. However, you may or may not receive complimentary parking based on what booking portal you used to make the reservation.

Also, another reason there are no magic bands is because the pools have multiple points of entry. It would be impossible for cast members to track/scan every single person utilizing amenities that are reserved for guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter