Wrist Pain

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
Anyone else ever have any severe wrist pain? I'm not really sure where it's coming from as I haven't done anything that strenuous but it feels constantly sore, especially when I bend/flex. For a while it was mainly my left but now the pain seems to have magically transferred to my right.

The wrist is a pretty complicated joint, could be so many different things. Mine will hurt from time to time when I'm lifting weights in the gym. I'm not getting younger, it's arthritis, so when I lift hard it puts stress on them.

The wrist is a pretty complicated joint, could be so many different things. Mine will hurt from time to time when I'm lifting weights in the gym. I'm not getting younger, it's arthritis, so when I lift hard it puts stress on them.

This makes sense. For a while, the pain only happened when I lifted and it was in my left, not right. But I took some time off from lifting in hopes the pain would vanish but hasn't seemed to work.

This makes sense. For a while, the pain only happened when I lifted and it was in my left, not right. But I took some time off from lifting in hopes the pain would vanish but hasn't seemed to work.

I had that happen about two years ago. I hadn't done anything but my right wrist got so sore some days that it was agony to turn on a light switch. I went to a walk in that specializes in joints and muscles (basically a sports injury walk in). They took x rays and said I had some arthritis but I also could have aggravated one of the joints or tendons (don't remember).

They casted me for two weeks and that did help but it still kept hurting every so often. I asked about wearing a brace and the dr advised against it because it would keep the area weak. I took prescription Aleve for a while and that also helped. The dr said he could do cortisone shots but that it wouldn't be a permanent fix. I declined and now I'm just really careful about what I do with my wrist. I don't do things that will put extra strain on my wrist (for me, grating cheese and mixing ground beef for hamburgers are both a big no no) and that has really helped.

Hopefully you find something that offers you some relief. The pain can be awful.

Anyone else ever have any severe wrist pain? I'm not really sure where it's coming from as I haven't done anything that strenuous but it feels constantly sore, especially when I bend/flex. For a while it was mainly my left but now the pain seems to have magically transferred to my right.
Think really hard about something you might be doing in your daily activities or your environment, etc. I think the hint is that it shifted locations. Does it happen a certain time of day, or a certain day of the week, for instance?

About two years ago, I started having bad soreness/pain in my left wrist - finally went to hand Dr. He said it was an inflamed tendon, gave me a cortizone shot, and after about a week it went away and so far hasn't returned. Said it was nothing specific that I had done to cause it.

Carplel Tunnel? A lot of computer use can cause pain in the wrist, hand, and forearm...even the neck. Make sure you have a good cushion support for using the mouse. That will work wonders. Also, you can purchase an over the counter wrist brace to use while using the computer/mouse.

The thought of a long needle going into my wrist would make me forget all about the actual pain.:scared1: Hope everyone is feeling better. :)

You and me both!! I actually had the Dr. laughing as I refused at first! Then he promised me he would do it painlessly - and he did!! He sprayed something cold and it 'froze' the area, he deadened it, 'then' he did the cortizone shot.

I 'knew' they 'could' do this as I had shoulder surgery done a few years earlier (sports Dr.), had lots of immobility afterward and needed the shot, and I was terrified, and he, too, promised a painless procedure - and it was!! I am really a scaredy cat when it comes to needles!! :scared: Don't mind letting them know it either!! LOL

Carplel Tunnel? A lot of computer use can cause pain in the wrist, hand, and forearm...even the neck. Make sure you have a good cushion support for using the mouse. That will work wonders. Also, you can purchase an over the counter wrist brace to use while using the computer/mouse.

I thought about that but I don't have the tingling/numbness sensation that typically goes along with it. Additionally, the discomfort is on the outside of my wrist, rather than the inside. So all of that together, plus the fact that I don't spend a ton of time typing, leads me to believe it's not.

Think really hard about something you might be doing in your daily activities or your environment, etc. I think the hint is that it shifted locations. Does it happen a certain time of day, or a certain day of the week, for instance?

The only thing I can think of is that I've been exerting more pressure on my right arm/hand to alleviate the pain in my left. And that's caused me to have pain in both.

You and me both!! I actually had the Dr. laughing as I refused at first! Then he promised me he would do it painlessly - and he did!! He sprayed something cold and it 'froze' the area, he deadened it, 'then' he did the cortizone shot.

I 'knew' they 'could' do this as I had shoulder surgery done a few years earlier (sports Dr.), had lots of immobility afterward and needed the shot, and I was terrified, and he, too, promised a painless procedure - and it was!! I am really a scaredy cat when it comes to needles!! :scared: Don't mind letting them know it either!! LOL

Well thanks for the info. If I ever get to where I absolutely have to have one I'll ask for the "no pain" guarantee.:)

Are you taking any statins? I had a bad reaction to lipitor which caused joint pain although mine tended to be in my elbows and shoulders.

Any repetitive motion not done properly can cause joint problems. Think about what you're doing regularly and how you're doing it. That may reveal the problem.

Any repetitive motion not done properly can cause joint problems. Think about what you're doing regularly and how you're doing it. That may reveal the problem.

That's the thing. I initially thought it was related to weights in the gym but have taken about 2 months off. I was on vacation the last month and that's when the right wrist suddenly started to hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter