wrist watch shopping frustration

captsparrowslady

Proud Member of Loki's Army ;-)
I'm not sure if this is the right board, but I'm on a limited budget so I figured this would be the place to ask/vent... I have recently started a job as a school bus driver (still in training) and one thing I will need when I get to the behind-the-wheel testing, is a wrist watch that can count seconds.

My problem is this... I absolutely HATE wearing a watch. The bands are irritating to me but for some reason I can wear bracelets without it bothering me... I also absolutely HATE analog watches. I can't read them very well. They just annoy me. I like digital. I don't have to do any counting or math in my head to figure out what time it is. I just look at it and know immediately it's 12:37. There's no guessing or estimating involved with a digital watch.

So I've been looking for a digital wrist watch with a bracelet style band and it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE. It seems like if you want a bracelet style band they assume you want an analog face. How flipping hard would it be to put the same fancy bracelet style band on a digital face? Seriously? it can't be that difficult!

I want a watch band similar to this but with a digital face:
33c9a49d-02e1-4245-be8f-a883484591ac_1.71835684e3848971eefe0bc8ef07306d.jpeg

Is that too much to ask for?

Whats the budget? If you can make the leap grab an older apple watch. You can have the best of both worlds, digital face and can customize the band to your liking.

What about a fitbit that you can change the band to a bracelet style?
I have the Alta HR and have gotten some bracelet type bands on Amazon for it. I'm pretty sure one of the clock display options shows seconds but that is something you would have to check out to know for sure.

Here are some examples

https://www.amazon.com/Swees-Stainl...8-10&keywords=fitbit+alta+bracelets+for+women

https://www.amazon.com/bayite-Fitbi...eywords=fitbit+alta+bracelets+for+women&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/ImmSss-Stain...8-22&keywords=fitbit+alta+bracelets+for+women

I also thought about a Fitbit with a bracelet style band. I just went into the settings for my Alta and you can set the clock to show seconds, too. Might be a good option for you.

My mom had been looking for a "dressy digital" watch for years (with no luck at all). I gave her a 1st generation Apple Watch for Christmas in Stainless Steel (bought used on eBay). She got a fancy bracelet band and now she's happy. Dressy and digital :-)

I don't like anything Apple (I'm a microsoft girl lol) but the fitbit might be something to look into.. Especially if it counts seconds.

Have you thought about a brooch watch? That way you wouldn't have to wear it around your wrist?

I searched for "Digital brooch watch" on Amazon. Most aren't digital, but there are a couple that are.

ebay.ebay.ebay. I just bought a vintage watch from ebay today. It may take you awhile searching for exactly what you want, but that's half the fun. I've bought probably a couple of dozen watches from ebay over the years.

I found the perfect watch at Walmart! It was around $12 (after tax) and it's on a necklace! It's a digital watch/stopwatch with a HUGE face. It's perfect and if I want to change out the thing it's attached to (like hang it from a lanyard instead) it's simple to take the string off.

digital watch necklace.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter