wristbands at SAB

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
I am happy to report that they were strictly checking id's and using wristbands at SAB today.The bands actually say stormalong bay on them, they have adhesive so you can make them fit. If they keep this up...maybe poolhopping will not go away afterall.;)

SAB is Storm-Along-Bay - the very popular pool at the Beach Club/Yacht Club Resorts.

Yes, it really wasn't that bad. We got there after 11 am there were still lots of chairs and we actually got a table. But I did hear a waiter say that alot of people were checking out today.

That's very good news!!!

There have been too many postings on this board about trespassers who use WDW resort pools -- at the same time that legitimate DVC pool hopping is being restricted (an even suspended completely during holiday periods).

My guess is that if Disney enforces the rules -- limiting WDW pools to resort guests (from the resort where the pool is located) and legitimate DVC pool hoppers -- there won't be capacity problems (except when there are unusual circumstances, such as another nearby pool being closed for refurbishing).

I agree that is wonderful news. I will be at the Beach Club in 3 weeks and was starting to get worried that SAB would be too crowded with a 5 and 3 yr old.

That sounds like a great idea. Last week when we hopped to SAB they were using a little stamp on the back of your hand. It wore off after about 20-30min in the water...we kept going and getting it redone when we were near and entrance.

We were at SAB last week too. They were handstamping anyone who came through the gate who showed a valid ID. We had called ahead to make sure pool hopping was open.

We did overhear a conversation between a lifeguard and two women swimming. They had asked him how it was possible that people from OKW could come and swim at SAB. He explained DVC, but also added that when Beach Club Villas open in September of 2002 pool hopping will NOT be allowed at SAB. Only those staying at Yacht club, Beach Club and Beach Club villas will be eligible to swim there.

Looks like a Beach Club add on is in the future because my kids would be sad to have to miss out on SAB.

ohiominnie :p

PH may very well go away at SAB when the new BCV opens. I wound not base it on what a lifeguard thinks, however.

Taking away pool hopping at SAB would be inconsistent with Disney's past practice.

Luna Park at the Boardwalk did not close to toher DVC members when BWV opened.

Wilderness Lodge pools did not close to other DVC members when VWL opened.

Maybe the BC is getting the word out early so there won't be overcrowding once BCV opens in the spring 2002.;) ;) Hopefully not wishful thinking!! Illegal use by Non BC/YC/DVC guests has been an ongoing problem.

I'm sure DVC won't want any bad SAB press when they are packaging BCV. As a future BC guest (in 2 weeks), and future BCV owner, I am glad to see it. :D

It seems logical...however unfortunate...that SAB might close to pool hopping when BCV open...they're increasing the number of guests whose primary (non-quiet pool) pool is SAB, and it's right there; it's not a matter of hopping on some sort of transportation to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter