wrists bands for Children

ffwife

Earning My Ears
:hourglass I am leaving in 1 week to go see ::MickeyMo & ::MinnieMo .
I have a DS (5) who has SI and ASD. He likes to run off when something catches his eye. My concern is that he will get separated from us and forget what I tell him about asking a" person with the white name tag for help". We are staying at the CBH and I was wondering if they offer a wrist band for children with the hotel information on it.

You might want to try getting a "dog tag". We found a machine at a walmart that engraves military size dog tags and we got one for each of our kids. ($5 each) and they wore them on a lanyard. You could attach it to a belt loop or something if his SI won't allow him to wear it on a lanyard. His SI may prevent him from tolerating something on his wrist too. My son can't stand to wear anything on his wrists.

We put the childs first name and each of our cell phone numbers on the tag so the people would know how to reach us. No one got lost though!!!

If you like this idea and can't find a place to get one, PM me and I'll get one and mail it to you. Oh, I see you are leaving in one week. You can get these same items at MGM over in a gift shop by the backlot tour but they are $10 each.

We used "Who's Shoes ID" tags. They are Velcro and go on their sneakers. My kids would be bothered by wristbands- I also heard of a "luggage tag" type of thing that people have made and put on their child's belt loop. Have fun and good luck!\@

Another idea is to get him a medic alert bracelet. That way anyone who finds him will call the medic alert number. You can change the information on file each time you go on vacation to include numbers there, cell phone numbers and an emergency contact back home.

I like the idea of a medic alert because it means that your child's name and important information aren't available to anyone, and because all emergency responders are taught to look for it first.

my original thought was a medical id braclet but, as my husband pointed out being a paramedic himself, they are trained to look for them but they don't always take the time to do so. My concern was that the disney cast members would not look for something like that. But it was a great idea and top on my list to do it.

I think the CM's have enough experience with "lost parents" that they would look for some obvious form of ID on a kid first. The more visible, the better, such as an ID bracelet. When my autistic son was little, we pinned our names and where we were staying on the back of his shirt. That was about 10 years ago, and now, I would also include a cell phone number.

That is, I would if he wasn't a 5'11" kid with size 13 shoes who stands out in a crowd . :rotfl:

I make a round "name badge" pin for DS. I include all vital info. I found these at Wal-Mart in the arts and crafts section. Just print, cut out and assemble.
Mine says:

My name is J. Doe
I am X years old
Parents: John and Jane Doe
We are staying at All Star ZZZZ
Cell Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

I also found some disney clip art online and put his favorite Disney character on the top.

I don't think anyone specifically answered the question about whether the resorts have anything. Just wanted to say that they don't.

If you have a digital camera, one hint that I think is very good is to take a picture each day of your child. That way, if he does get away from you, you have a good description of what he was wearing that day and have a very handy pciture that you can show what he looks like.

and we put it on DS's shoe. When we were in DTD we found a Mickey one...ok it was a dog tag but he didnt care . We made him another and he loved it!!! when we used to use name badges we always put them on DS back so he didnt unpin them himself.

My 4 y/o son wears a medical alert bracelet due to a Latex allergy. He has been wearing it for almost a year now. I have noticed that almost everyone he comes in contact with asks him about it. I'm sure if he were lost at WDW the cast members would pick up on it as well. Right now he's wearing the basic metal one but I have ordered him a new one from idonme.com. They specialize in identification jewelry and has a really nice selection for children -- they are also reasonably priced. They can be worn around the arm like a traditional bracelet or can be hooked to their shoes.

My 2 1/2 year old is also a "flight risk" due to her SI - we got a "stroller as a wheelchair" tag and just let her out for very limited and supervised periods of time. - This really worked well - she got to run off some excitement in areas where we knew we could get to her - and we had control of her on the lines - which is always in issue.

Best of luck!

A lot depends on the family dynamic. For our little delegation, Mrs. Ambassador leads,with the Ambassador following as the sweeper. We use radios in the Parks, and carry cell phones. Mrs. Ambassador has not allowed GPS transponders as yet.
Some days we wear family t-shirts in the same color with similar designs. We put pre-printed labels with last name, resort and cell phone number in some inconspicuous space where they may not fall off before noon. We do take a digital photo at the start of each day. We also point out CM's and identify what they look like, with instructions to seek them out should anyone be temporarily separated. Which has happened twice in the MK, for a few anxious moments.

Ambassador said:
Mrs. Ambassador has not allowed GPS transponders as yet.
Is she maybe hinting she'd like some for Mother's Day??
;)

As a general rule, I am forbidden to give gifts which plug-in or require batteries. Major appliances excepted.

My autistic son (6) constantly runs off, for that reason we got him a "project lifesaver" band that has a GPS transmitter in it. I am not sure if the Orlando PD or Kissimmie PD have the program but you could always call and see if they do and if it covers Disney. The band allows them to find your child with a locator and I know that it is becoming more and more popular across the country with people who have autism and alsheimers.

Here is the link:

http://www.projectlifesaver.org/site/

http://www.caretrak.com/lifesaver/lifesaver.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter