Writers Thread

MickeyisBeast said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BK228

The scent of walking down Main Street in the morning is always worth it. Working for a small pay check is worth it. Knowing I work at such a happy place is what keeps me going each day. I head over to the Winnie the Pooh ride. It is one of my personal favorites. I get to operate one of my favorite things in the entire world, that is just amazing to me. I am back in Frontierland at Disneyland. I see Splash Mountain already up and going. They will be letting the guests in soon. I see I am the last one to arrive to my post. Of course always late. I had stopped and talked to Ernie in the front who has been a janitor here for almost three decades. I greet my three co-cast members working with me today Todd, Juli, and Kiley. Juli and I have been dating for about two years now. That was when we both worked over at Space Mountain. I am deciding to propose to her today.

Three hours have passed. The crowds are light today due to the occasional showers. The rain scares most people off. What can I say, they are Southern Californians! I love the look of all the bright eyed kids who hop into the honey pots. I am helping make them happy, help making their dreams and fantasies come true. It is almost two in the afternoon and my shift is just about over. We are not allowed to stay in the park after out shifts get over. So, I did buy two tickets for Juli and I to stay. We are going to watch Fantasmic tonight.

I treated Juli to dinner at Cafe Orleans and then we went and rode Peter Pan's Flight (her personal favorite).

While walking to Fantasmic I noticed Josh, the new security guard. It is only his first week and a family who barely spoke english were trying to ask what time the show starts. I went over and spoke in Russian the best I could (took an online course0 and told them where the show started. Josh told me that he would pay me back, I was just helping my fellow cast members.

Fantasmic had just ended. I pulled the little box out of my pocket and got down on one knee. "Juli, we have known each other for two years now. We have laughed, smiled, cried and grown together. I work at the Happiest Place On Earth with the best girl on earth. I love you. Will you marry me?"

Her response is what I will remember for the rest of my life, "I thought you were gay!" and she laughed and laughed. We remained friends after that. And that is a typical day working at Disneyland.

Okay this was good but I don't understand, if the girl has been your girlfriend for two years why is she saying she thought you were gay? If she thought you were gay why would she have wasted two years of her life with you?

I knew someone was going to ask this :) Okay, I should have added that she was just going along with it. You know how for instance people "get married" on facebook? Exactly this, we had a platonic relationship which I did not find odd. Juli must have just thought it was as friends.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Sorry it's taken me awhile to post the next challenge. I've actually had a life this whole weekend, haha. Anyway the challenge I pick is to write about taking your future children to Disney for the first time. It can be any Disney park, and you can interpret this whatever way you want to. The contest will be over on Tuesday around noon central time.
Have fun! :teeth:

I've been waiting for some inspiration, but here's my contribution :goodvibes

The trip was over. That was it. The vacation that had been planned for, counted down to, obsessed over to the extent of color-coded spreadsheets...it was done.

With over a thousand pictures, sure, I knew what we did, but what else was there?

As I sat in my home the day after my family came back, I was confronted with this. What had happened? Was it worth it? Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't the perfect trip. My youngest had gotten sick for a day...my oldest had thought Peter Pan's Flight was "for babies." And Maura, my middle, what had she thought? I don't even remember...what had happened?

Panic set in as I began to think perhaps it had been wasted. Perhaps I had failed them. The magic I felt as a child...had it gone over their heads?

I turned to my right, noticing my phone on the table. Picking it up, I navigated to the pictures. There, nearly 100 additional photos of the vacation.

Oh.

The memories began, breaking through my panic. It was like I was there again.

A happy squeal during the takeoff of the airplane became a happy squeal during the takeoff of a certain flying elephant.

Laughter bubbling up as Kelsey, our youngest, became instantly enamored with the exaggerated movements of Stacy on the television.

Reassuring our son that his failure at pulling out the sword did not mean that wasn't a true prince. Even though he assured us that he would rather be a pirate.

The day that I don't have any pictures, since I took care of our sick toddler. And then took the healed toddler to the pool. And playground. And other things that, though not theme parks, were just as nice.

And there were more. More instant memories brought back to me in the overwhelming return to reality.

I clicked my phone to go back to the home menu, greeted by my new background image. I had almost forgotten: the time we met Micky himself. Even our son had taken it seriously, for all his fighting to be adult-like.

For those moments, greeted by a furry costume with huge eyes and a nose the size of an orange, we were taken up by the dream. By the magic. By the absolute happiness that such a place can bring.

We believed in the hopefulness of not-quite-truth. We basked in the suspension of disbelief that meeting characters requires. We were one with the dreams of childhood. All of us. From the toddler to her parents, we were in the clouds.

All I had to do now was keep believing.

It came out a lot different than I originally wanted, but I hope this is okay!

~le 12 years in the future~

After nearly nine hours of hearing "how much longer?" "I'm hungry" "Are we there yet?" We had finally arrived at Walt Disney World. This was my kid's first trip and I was determined to make it something they would remember forever. Mackenzie and her big brother Mason, who's four, were jumping in their seats when we drove under the Magic Kingdom sign.
Before long we were checking into the Contemporary Resort, it was the first resort I had stayed at when I was younger and I decided to continue that tradition with my kids. My husband, Liam (Payne, obviously) and I checked in and not too much longer we were settled into our room.
The next week was filled with fun, laughs, and smiles. Mackenzie, who is two, got transformed into Cinderella at the Bippity Boppity Boutique and made everyone call her "Princess Kenzie". She loved meeting the princesses and the fairies, and even got to ride the teacups with Alice. She rode everything she was tall enough to ride, and loved every second of it.
Mason was a different story, he got tired of the princess stuff easily, but was a big fan of Toy Story, like his daddy. He loved seeing all the Star Wars stuff at Hollywood Studios and had a blast getting his hair cut at the Main Street barber shop.
I had a wonderful time too, just being able to experience Disney with my kids. It was the best trip ever.

itfeltkindofweirdreferingtomychildrenwhowontbebornforaverylongtime omg

Never done one of these, but I like writing soo.... yeah...

My seven year old daughter's eyes lit up as soon as she saw the welcome to Disney World sign. This would be her first trip to the world. "Are you excited?" I asked her.
"Of course I am, Mommy! What's it like here?" she asked. I thought back to the time when I came for the first time I came here when I was seven.
"It's very magical, Macy. I now that you'll just love it here. We drove to our hotel at the Port Orleans Riverside resort. This is where I first came when I was young. My daughter was just bouncing with anticipation. My son was quiet. He never real smiled and was kept completely to himself at all times. He was thirteen. We got out of the car and Macy grabbed her brother's hand and ran up the steps to our room, followed by her dad (which WILL be Niall Horan, don't question it). and I. We unpacked and then headed to the boat to go to Downtown Disney. It was dark when we got there, so Downtown had a magical glow to it, with all the lights. Macy put her hands to her mouth.
"Look, Blayne!! Look at this!" Macy said to her brother, jumping up and down. Blayne's eyes lit up and he grinned. I think it was the first time I'd ever see my son get excited about anything. I guess that just proves that Disney World can change a person. For the rest of the trip, my son and daughter were all smiles, having fun together. It was truly an amazing experience to see how much fun they were getting out of Disney World's magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter