• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Writers

scarscar93

it me
Inspired by the singers, dancers, etc, threads, I wanted to make a thread where those of us that love to write can come together. Maybe we could look over each other's work and swap tips and ideas. :goodvibes

I've been writing since 2nd grade, and I'm now a creative writing major at my school (11th grade). I'm mostly a prose person, but the curriculum at my school is rather poetry-heavy.

How long have you been writing? What do you prefer? :goodvibes

Yes, a thread for writers :-)
I've been writing since I knew how to. And I love it.

Right now I am working on a novel, I started over Christmas break, but I'm only on chapter 6.

The only person I've shown my book to is my friend, who is writing a book also.

Anyways. I like to write fiction. Or realistic fiction. With a lot of romance and adventure.

My book I'm on right now is about 8 teens who are specially chosen for a certain skill to fight the corrupt government who have the key to a much bigger picture. It's from the viewpoint of one of the teens.

I'll post some of it if anyone is interested :-)

I love to write. I've been writing for a few years now. I mostly write poems, songs and stories.

I'm in the middle of a novel, but I'm a a block hat might make me have to change the whle first part of the book. I should have planned better.

Once I fix that I might post some of it if anyone wants.

I write :) I like writing realistic fiction because I base most of my stories off similar events that happened to me an my friends. Lately I've been writing about these four middle school girls who are just living life and going through everyday problems(divorce, bullies,bad grades, etc).I even have a whole notebook full of characters I made for the novel.I'd love to show it to someone one day but I can never get the story to come together.

i looove writing!!!!! i've been creating stories for as long i i could remember. i started writing songs lyrics in 3rd grade and over the summer finished my first novel!

I'd love to hear what others have written.

This is the first part of the first chapter...

I never would have guessed that I would help change the world. I didn’t dream of being a pop star, or having my own TV show. I never wanted to be president or a millionaire. I knew the chances of changing the world were one in a million. Turns out, I was that one, along with a few others, of course. I know that the story I’m about to tell you is crazy. It’s unbelievable. But it did happen. As insane as it may seem, this stuff is true. And I went through it.

***************​

“Taylor North, please report to the front office. Taylor North, please report to the front office. Thank you.” The loudspeaker announced. I closed my geometry text book, grabbed my backpack, and walked out of my least favorite class of the day.

If only I had known then, what I know now. I probably could’ve prepared myself better. But I had no clue that once I walked through the doors of the principal’s office, my life was going to change forever.

“Taylor, please have a seat.” Mrs. Robinson, my principal, instructed me. I did as told, dropping my backpack next to my feet. The office was small and filled with papers everywhere. There was hardly enough room for the four people in the room. Yes, four people, including me and Mrs. Robinson there were two tall men in dark suits standing stiffly to the side.

I found a little sample of my writing.

Here it is:
Ahhh, The fall fair. Was there anything better than it? The scent of fresh apple cider and pumpkin pie filled the air. The wind whirled around me like pixie fairies participating in a track meet. I just love everything about fall. Sure, summer,winter, and spring are great but fall; fall has always been special to me. It was probably the fact that I was born in Fall. Or could it be the fact that the leaves are coated in appealing shades on orange, red, and brown? Or could it be that you get to dress up and pretend to be someone else and candy for it? Anyways, today I was working at the throw-the-ball-at-the-cans game at the fair. Business was slower than molasses and I was afraid that I would fall asleep until a perky with long flowing blond hair skipped up the hill and towards my booth.

I know it seems kinda babyish compared to what everyone else has or will write.

I love writing fanfiction, but I have a paranoid terror of actually doing anything original because I'm scared to write Mary Sues. I took creative writing in high school to try and fix this, but I'm still more comfortable getting in the heads of already existant characters. When I do write original stories, though, I tend to stick to fantasy because it's just more fun! As a matter of fact, I became known as the Mermaid Girl in my Creative Writing class because so many of my stories focused on merpeople. Could be worse, I guess!

Here's a Princess and the Frog story I wrote not too long ago:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6263633/1/bMa_b_bBelle_b_bEvangeline_b

i got extra credit in my american studies class(english and history combined, it's two class periods!) for writing a summary of a sequel to mocking bird: "you can't cage a Finch" i'll email it to myself when i'm at school tomorrow, it's saved on the school server :(... i wrote it in 20 minutes when i finished early with my project!

here is the audition for a roleplay i'm applying for. my character is the cinderella face character in the parks and this is her backstory:

Daddy always called me his little princess. So that’s what I was, a princess. Not in that spoiled I-get-everything-I-want princess, but the true definition, the Disney definition. Kind to all, helps others, that kind of princess. I fit in with Disney princesses in another way, I don’t have a mother. She passed away when I was very young, so Disney princess movies where my escape. I also have a step mother, but I don’t hate her. Along with my two 12-year-old twin step-sisters, we where living an average life. A nicer home in Connecticut, my dad CEO of a big company, they sent me to a private school. But then it happened. My dad was offered a permanent residence job in Japan, but carol, my step mom didn’t want to move. She didn’t want to uproot this newly formed family to Japan, so here I am in the middle of Connecticut while my only blood relative lives in Japan.

I love to write! I love how can take my feelings and make them into music<3
I have many songs that I have wrote if anyone wants to catch a peek, message me:-)

:)

I look forward to reading more of what everyone's written. I'll have to go through my flash drive and find something I can post without feeling paranoid (I've entered a lot of contests this year, I'm scared that posting something online will disqualify me.)

I actually tried writing Fan Fiction. It's really fun. Right now, I'm writing my first fanfiction. It's based off of The Mask. (That old Jim Carrey where he has the green face.)

oh yeah, exciting news from Wednesday I thought I'd share:

My creative writing teacher, stunned at how many of us still treasure the Disney movies we grew up with, has decided to sack the next novel reading we were supposed to do and spend the rest of the year working on developing a story to pitch to Disney for a movie. One of her daughter's friends was on the writing team for PatF, so we have a connection. :DDDD

it's just so weird that she threw that out there (well, we kind of wouldn't shut up about Disney movies) and it's like she read my mind or I did an inception on her after my realizing how badly I wanted to write a Disney movie over the break.

my mind has been racing with ideas ever since this was decided.

I'm actually in the middle of getting ready to start a novel. I hate writing beginnings.

I have about six other ideas that I want to start too.

I love writing. I'm never caught without my notebook, just in case I have time or an idea hits me.
I have been into writing for quite some time, starting wiyth my love of poetry in 2nd grade. My writing got a jumpo start in 8th grade when our teacher had us keep a writing journal. We wrote for ten minutes a day and all day on Thursdays. Man, do I miss this.
I enjoy writing fantasy or fiction, mostly. I'm working on a fanfiction at the moment because I finally got a good beginning idea. I have an idea for a novel, but haven't entertained that much yet.
I try to write a little bit every day, when I can. About anything, really- random thoughts, poetry, ideas.. the list goes on. I love composing poetry, too. You never kno when a random musing could become something amazing.

I found a snippet of something I've been casually working on for a while now, and it's not supposed to make a ton of sense:

You Can’t Stay Here Forever

It must have been at least 24 hours since the accident, so this place had lost most of its shock value. Was it sick of me to be able to separate what had happened here from the beauty of this place? It isn’t my fault if you want to go playing football in the water with obnoxious teenage boys you don’t even know. If you slip and fall on a sting ray, well, then that’s what’s happened to you.
I shook those images from my mind and tried to concentrate on what was actually surrounding me. The sandbar was swallowed by the ocean gently rolling in. As cliché as it was, there were no clouds in the sky, and there was nobody else here. Odd. Usually everyone flocks to the sandbar this time of year. Maybe everyone else was paranoid after the accident made it to the news. Oh well, I get the best spot on the beach all to myself. Their loss.
“I can’t stay here forever,” I had said. I’d wanted to go out and do something fun. Somewhere I loved. I couldn’t let some careless person’s accident get in the way of getting away from daily, mundane, stress. Suddenly, there he was again. Out in the water, trying to catch some kid’s football. He looked like he didn’t have anything to worry about. No bills, job, not anything seemed to concern him. Other than catching that stupid football. One misstep and he was down in the water, the only sign he was still there was the bloodcurdling screams.
Those stupid kids ran as fast as they could in the low tide to reach him. I knew what would happen next. I couldn’t stay here.
I turned away from the ocean, grabbed what little I had brought with me, and headed for the parking lot.

I guess I'm a writer. I'm not an author (yet) but I do write...like a lot.
I'm an avid fanfiction writer. If any of you guys like to read Twilight stories (don't look at me like I'm a nut job!), look me up on fanfiction.net as carribbeanlady (yes I know it's spelled wrong). I actually have a bit of a fan base on there.
I have many ideas for novels but whenever I start writing one I get another idea. It kind of sucks when you have four books going at the same time. ;)

I love to write. I have a few things on FanFiction.net, but I hate to update. The thing with me is that I have a cycle of obsession, so one week I'll be so pumped about a Camp Rock FanFic, the next a Harry Potter FanFic. I also don't really enjoy writing on the computer. Most of my stories are in worn down notebooks. I also have minor issues with character development. I usually write stories about the future with me and my friends. And, of course, they usuallly end up going to WDW. I'm writing something to do with the DCP right now, even though I'm working off info from the website and LiveJournal experiences.

This forum is a great idea! You guys all have some really awesome talent!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter