Writers

Here's the beginning of the a Disney story I had going about a year ago that died:

It was just after closing time, and the sonic boom echoed in the deserted streets of the Magic Kingdom. Deserted of people, that was. Here and there, a flash of motion could be seen, a faint laugh heard, an electric tingle felt in the air. These were the only signs of the singing, dancing, and playing filling the streets and buildings. All but invisible to ordinary eyes, characters went about their business.

Some looked up, prompted by the noise. A small airplane was flying in from the west, sleek and dart-shaped, very unlike the bulbous jumbo jets that carried in visitors. This was a military jet trainer. But most of the onlookers did not know very much of airplanes, only a few Tomorrowland denizens could have identified it as a T-38 Talon.

And even they were clueless as to what the plane’s purpose could be, or who might be inside.

The plane circled the park, graceful even at high speed, although it was at least subsonic by now, no further booms shook the night air. The jet engine’s roar drew more spectators out into the streets, echoing off medieval towers … roller coasters… spaceships… log cabins… causing birds from the Jungle Cruise to fly away in surprise…

Details became apparent as it buzzed Cinderella Castle, cutting dangerously close to the tallest tower before pulling away. Clearly, this mysterious pilot was very skilled. Onlookers could make out white-and-blue livery, but the strangest thing visible as the plane passed through the castle’s floodlights was that it was transparent, as if only half there.

And then, the landing gear popped out.

On Main Street, USA, bystanders dressed in the clothing of the early 1900s rushed out of the way as the ghost plane came in to land, both frightened and fascinated. The plane’s three wheels touched down calmly onto the asphalt, coming to a complete stop about halfway down the street. If the onlookers hadn’t been in shock, they might have marveled again at the pilot’s skill. Even for Disney World, a plane landing in the middle of the street was an odd occurrence.

“The tailfin says ‘NASA’.” One man noted, sticking his head out of the barbershop.

“Shouldn’t it be in Tomorrowland, then?” Another asked.

The canopy opened, up and backwards, revealing a pilot as transparent as the plane, wearing a helmet and oxygen mask. There were two seats in the plane, but the other one seemed to be empty. He gave a small wave to the crowd before removing the mask to reveal a round, smiling face, and climbed out of the plane, sliding to the ground. The man was wearing a blue pilot’s jumpsuit and thick gloves, very professional-looking. He removed his helmet and left it on the seat, revealing black hair worn in a tight crew-cut that made him look even more like a fighter pilot. As he had indeed been, many years before.

Turn-of-the-century children, who had never seen any kind of airplane this close-up before rushed in to touch the otherworldly-looking T-38 as the pilot walked towards the castle, the buckles on his parachute harness jangling. He chuckled as he heard the predictable shrieks of surprise as their hands passed through the ghost plane’s ectoplasmic wings and body as if they were empty air. That was why he hadn’t bothered to shut the canopy. Anybody in the park who knew how to fly a plane wouldn’t be able to enter. And while Gracey and his gang could have touched it, they weren’t technologically inclined.

I like writing as a hobby, and I thought about becoming a creative writing major before I decided upon music education. I started RPGs when I was in 7th grade, and now the only two I have the time to keep up with are a Warriors one and a Harry Potter one.

I am currently trying to work out a novel, I have my protagonists, and antagonists, and I have a sort of plot worked out, but it is still in the planning process. I know I have a long way to go in terms of character development and plot flow, but it will be interesting to figure out.

I've been writing since second grade, but I've been an avid writer for the past 4 years, but of course, I've progressed over the years and gotten better at what I'm doing. I've finished two 50,000 word books with a friend and one 50,000 word book by myself. I'm working on another two now - one with a friend and one by myself.
I love writing, always have, always will. I was thinking of going to school for it, but have found that it's just a hobby - something that I want to do in my spare time. Though, someday, I'd love to have my books published. :) I think that's every author's dream though, isn't it?
;)

So I just got over my writer's block and now have a paragraph and a half.

Oooohhh...I always hated getting writer's block, but I have it in one of my stories right now. Well, not really - I haven't even started the story yet. I have an idea but starting it is really hard for me. I don't know exactly how I want to write it, because I have high expectations for this one, and it's going to be hard for me to keep my expectations high if the beginning isn't what i want it to be! :P

I get writers block a lot, I work for the school newspaper and I absolutely hate when it's time for me to write my article because it gets so bad. I also don't like getting interviews since I am shy and not good at talking to people

I get writers block a lot, I work for the school newspaper and I absolutely hate when it's time for me to write my article because it gets so bad. I also don't like getting interviews since I am shy and not good at talking to people

I'm in the same boat as you are. I'll be writing for my college newspaper soon since I'm in the Journalism program. I had one large interview assignment that I had to do, so I did a profile on an editor from my favourite book publishing company. My interview almost lasted two hours, but I actually liked it. If you're interested in what you're writing, then it can make the interviewing a lot easier.

I only took Journalism to get the writing classes that came with it since I'm hoping to become a book editor myself. All the schools that had actual publishing courses were too far away. I'm shy as anything but I have told myself that I WILL be finishing the two year course so I can get my degree. That includes interviewing a bunch of people to get my story straight. I'm also hoping the course will bring me out of my shell. I definitely need it.

Good luck with you article. ;)

Okay, here's a small sample of my current writing. BTW, the "Mega co." is just a place holder. I can't think of anything better.

"Teddy Flynn didn’t like pretending to be someone else. It went against everything he was taught as a child. But he had no choice. To do his job right, he must pretend to be someone else. Specifically, he must pretend to be the son of the head of Mega co. He wasn’t sure how well the Brandts, the people he was to infiltrate, would go for his disguise. They were supposed to be close to the top. They’d probably know what Brendon O'Donnell looked like and, though he looked slightly like Brendon, there’s no way he’d be able to fool someone who knew him well. Teddy sighed. This had to be his first solo mission. He couldn’t have gotten an easy one, like his sister Kitty did. Of course, her mission didn’t happen until she was eighteen and involved distracting a man into giving up some secrets. Teddy wasn’t that charming and didn’t have the legs for a mini-skirt"

Okay, here's a small sample of my current writing. BTW, the "Mega co." is just a place holder. I can't think of anything better.

"Teddy Flynn didn’t like pretending to be someone else. It went against everything he was taught as a child. But he had no choice. To do his job right, he must pretend to be someone else. Specifically, he must pretend to be the son of the head of Mega co. He wasn’t sure how well the Brandts, the people he was to infiltrate, would go for his disguise. They were supposed to be close to the top. They’d probably know what Brendon O'Donnell looked like and, though he looked slightly like Brendon, there’s no way he’d be able to fool someone who knew him well. Teddy sighed. This had to be his first solo mission. He couldn’t have gotten an easy one, like his sister Kitty did. Of course, her mission didn’t happen until she was eighteen and involved distracting a man into giving up some secrets. Teddy wasn’t that charming and didn’t have the legs for a mini-skirt"

I like this. :) Especially the last line. :p

All these snippets you guys are posting are teasing me.

Very nice, I just love that last line, so funny :goodvibes

Decided to try writing dome poetry today... I did better than I thought I would. It still needs some polishing though, so I'll revisit it with fresh eyes in a bit :cutie:

Forever & Always

Forever & Always
That's what we used to be
Together, me and you, you and me
Forever & Always

They say
Love will always find a way
And it seemed to me
That's how it would be
Forever & Always

Love never came easy to us
I knew it never would
But I never thought
Never feared, not for a second
That this ever would

You were always too much
Yet never enough
Love just never came easy to us
But I guess that's how our love is
Forever & Always

They say
Love will always find a way
But apparently, my dear
Nothing will make it appear
I want to be with you
I want you in my life
But wanting is not enough
So I wish you well, my love
Forever & Always

haha, I just noticed that some of my poems have the word always or forever... lol

btw, this definitely needs polishing up. I'll look over it later and post it again

Always have, Always will

You are my baby
You are my sunshine
You are my best friend
You are my world
Always have, always will

You were always there for me
Through the pain, the suffering
You were always there for me
Always have, always will

From the moment we met
I didn't choose you
You chose me
I vowed I would never leave you
I would always love you
I would always make things better
Always have, always will

I knew the day would come to fully keep my promise
The promise I made to always make things better
I knew it would hurt me like a stab into the heart with a rusty, jagged knife
It still does
Always have, always will

But knowing you are well again
Knowing you are in a better place
And knowing I was there until you painlessly slipped away
Gives me peace of mind
Always have, always will

I just want you to remember me while your up there
I want you to remember that
I loved you once
I love you always
always have, always will

No matter how far apart
No matter what barrier there is between us
We will always be together
I miss you and I love you
Always have, always will

I've been writing since about 5th grade, but I hit a wall and stopped with fiction maybe two years ago... I've just started writing more of a satirical/autobiography type thing, which is proving to be easier... Here's a small snippet I wrote today:

I find myself becoming more and more like Liz Lemon every day. This fact was proven the other day when, ever so kindly, my mother pointed out that I have no social skills, and am too dependent on others. This is partly true, but I am going to try and amend it while being forced to live in this very room for another few years until I can “grow up” (which, quite frankly, may prove to be impossible, because there is proof that this hasn’t happened to some people, and yet they are somewhat functional members of society). My reaction was typically emotional and off the handle (**** hindsight for making me come to these realizations after the fact), and consisted of me sobbing over the fact that every single one of my dreams is now crushed, and I will die an even more crippled, unmarried virgin, because no one will ever love the girl who will likely be living with her parents until she’s in her 20s and doesn’t know how to speak to people without it being over the internet and relates more closely to fictional characters than actual people and is hopelessly in love with men who could be her father or grandfather.

I've been writing since about 5th grade, but I hit a wall and stopped with fiction maybe two years ago... I've just started writing more of a satirical/autobiography type thing, which is proving to be easier... Here's a small snippet I wrote today:
That's really good!

Here's something I just wrote:
Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” I know someday this will come in handy when I’m a professional soccer player or a world famous inventor, but right now it could come in handy. I wasn’t in a championship soccer game that the whole world was watching on ESPN. I wasn’t about to flip the on switch of an invention that I’ve been working on for a year and put half of my life savings into. I was doing my algebra homework, which was probably the most nerve racking of the three. And the sound of my sister’s blow drier on full blast, or the undertone of a rerun of “The Office” that my dad was watching wasn’t helping one bit.

hi! i've been writing for a while but im working on a story and i cant figure out how to describe the main guy.

a little background: its about this girl, noelle, with a difficult past, (mom's dead, dad is never around, she has raised her twin brothers who are two years younger than her) but now she is sent across the country to live with her aunt, uncle and snobby queen b cousin in a L.A. high school. she has always been sort of quiet, very into music, sort of dark. anyway, she meets a actor at school who takes her to a concert where she gets to meet the lead singer of a rock band and they get all flirty and whatnot.

but my problem is i can't seem to describe this lead singer. its a rock band, name is still in the works. so if you could help me out with band names and descriptions of hard rock band lead singers that'd be amazing!

♥Ariel♥;39724147 said:
hi! i've been writing for a while but im working on a story and i cant figure out how to describe the main guy.

a little background: its about this girl, noelle, with a difficult past, (mom's dead, dad is never around, she has raised her twin brothers who are two years younger than her) but now she is sent across the country to live with her aunt, uncle and snobby queen b cousin in a L.A. high school. she has always been sort of quiet, very into music, sort of dark. anyway, she meets a actor at school who takes her to a concert where she gets to meet the lead singer of a rock band and they get all flirty and whatnot.

but my problem is i can't seem to describe this lead singer. its a rock band, name is still in the works. so if you could help me out with band names and descriptions of hard rock band lead singers that'd be amazing!
What's the singer like? What's his personality?

What's the singer like? What's his personality?

oops! knew i had left something out. ok so he is extremely loyal to his bestfriends/bandmates and fans, but when you personally know him he can be a bit of a bad boy. he gets what he wants, is never really the one to be questioned and never the type people say no to (partially the reason he is attracted to Noelle, the main girl.) but once you get to know him and can crack his tough guy exterior he will do anything for you. he is like a secret/closet softie, but he doesn't like showing that side too often. sort of known for uhh...sleeping around. his parents are divorced but me loves them a lot, same goes with his younger sister (14) who he is super protective of. oh and he is about 18/19.

♥Ariel♥;39724484 said:
oops! knew i had left something out. ok so he is extremely loyal to his bestfriends/bandmates and fans, but when you personally know him he can be a bit of a bad boy. he gets what he wants, is never really the one to be questioned and never the type people say no to (partially the reason he is attracted to Noelle, the main girl.) but once you get to know him and can crack his tough guy exterior he will do anything for you. he is like a secret/closet softie, but he doesn't like showing that side too often. sort of known for uhh...sleeping around. his parents are divorced but me loves them a lot, same goes with his younger sister (14) who he is super protective of. oh and he is about 18/19.
Does he have a name already?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter